COLTS -½
    &
    OVER 42½

Any thoughts?

Would be surprised if this lost...

Nismo
    Nismo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4344

Hate to disagree with you. I'm going the other way.
    Bears have a better chance at winning than getting blown out. Bears D starting to dominate or the Colts D might show up like in the first two games. Either way tease the under.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I love your play. Makes sense.

Mr Nuts
    Mr Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks good to me.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

i really hope that Colts -.5 hits cause I have Colts +1159 to win the SB.......

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

GL Austin.. Wish I had the balls to of taken that +1159.. I saw that myself and thought it was way too high..

Are you going to hedge or let it ride?

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

I don't like this bet at all. I disagree with both plays. I think it will go over and Bears will be the winner.

I actually like the over and the Bears +7...

Bears just have to stop the run

Colts must run well, pass well and play good defense.

If you keep playing the Grossman card you will keep losing money....

Hemlock21

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock21
    I don't like this bet at all. I disagree with both plays. I think it will go over and Bears will be the winner.

Ooops I agree with the over bet. AFC is doomed

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hemlock21
    Sorry bud, I totally disagree with your call on the Bears... Even though I'm very partial to the Colts, this is their year and they will win this game... Bears just have to stop the run? Have you ever heard of a guy named Manning? He's decent, plays QB, 6'5 230 Laser Rocket Arm... Colts must run well, pass well, and play good defense you say? Well that would be the blueprint to a perfect game I would say... Not tryin to grill ya man, but lets not state the obvious here... The Grossman card you say? I think the Grossman card worked pretty well against the Seahawks... The Saints never stood a chance in that game last week with how shvtty the field was... Yeah the Bears defense is good, but not much better than the Patriots and definitely not better than the Ravens defense! The Colts WILL WIN this game!

IMG, I believe this bet looks really solid as I truly believe that destiny is on the Colts side this year... As for the OVER, I think this game easily gets into the 50's-pending the Bears don't get behind and Grossman has to start chuckin the rock around... The Colts will definitely look at what the Seahawks did 2 weeks ago and probably blueprint from that... The Bears defense won't have their SHVTTY ASS field to rely on for defense in Miami... Perfect field conditions and probably in the mid 60's @ gametime! Will the Bears cover? Maybe Is there a good chance the Colts will win by double digits? I would have to say so...
    Let's Go Horse!

Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 01-26-07 at 12:11 PM.

petemoss
    petemoss's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like a three-team teaser on Bears, Colts, Over.

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

I absolutely hate this teaser.

If you want to tease the Colts, just lay -220 on a moneyline play (instead of -260 via a teaser at -110).

Teasing totals in NFL is normally a terrible idea - the points aren't worth the extra juice no matter what the total (at least for a 6-pt tease).

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Justin has a point here guys.

If you really like the Colts to win this game. I know -220 is rather high, but this ML is way out of whack in regards to the point spread. This Line should be at least -280 on this game.

imgv94

I don't like this teaser anymore either..

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I don't like this teaser anymore either..
    I have the same feeling bud...

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Yeah, I'm not big on it either, but then, I'm not a player of teaser much anyways. It always seems something weird happens when I play a sure-sounding teaser, Like half the team getting food poisoning or some such turn of events for the (my) worse.

Hemlock21

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    Sorry bud, I totally disagree with your call on the Bears... Even though I'm very partial to the Colts, this is their year and they will win this game... Bears just have to stop the run? Have you ever heard of a guy named Manning? He's decent, plays QB, 6'5 230 Laser Rocket Arm... Colts must run well, pass well, and play good defense you say? Well that would be the blueprint to a perfect game I would say... Not tryin to grill ya man, but lets not state the obvious here... The Grossman card you say? I think the Grossman card worked pretty well against the Seahawks... The Saints never stood a chance in that game last week with how shvtty the field was... Yeah the Bears defense is good, but not much better than the Patriots and definitely not better than the Ravens defense! The Colts WILL WIN this game!

IMG, I believe this bet looks really solid as I truly believe that destiny is on the Colts side this year... As for the OVER, I think this game easily gets into the 50's-pending the Bears don't get behind and Grossman has to start chuckin the rock around... The Colts will definitely look at what the Seahawks did 2 weeks ago and probably blueprint from that... The Bears defense won't have their SHVTTY ASS field to rely on for defense in Miami... Perfect field conditions and probably in the mid 60's @ gametime! Will the Bears cover? Maybe Is there a good chance the Colts will win by double digits? I would have to say so...
    Let's Go Horse!
    Sorry I just notice this post.

The same thing was said about John Elway when he got to his first Superbowl. We all know how that turned out.

The Grossman card didn't work against seattle nor the Saints. The Bears scored 27 points on Seattle and 39 on the Saints.
    The Defense gave up too many yards on the ground against Seattle.

The Saints came out passing against the Bears and abandoned the running game. The Colts can look at all the tape they want. The Bears Defense is alot better than the patriots and comparable to the Ravens D. Peyton Manning going against another ball Hawking Defense with average running game at best, give me the Bears. Yes that's all the Bears have to do is stop the running game and force the colts to pass every down. No play action, No Dallas Clark over the middle, No Superbowl win for the Colts.

Can the Bears turn this game into a laugher like the Saints. I would have to say yes.

Watch these prop bets.
    Grossman passing rating (could be high)
    MVP of Superbowl (Grossman if they win)

-Bear Down

Mask Blue
    Mask Blue's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love how this conversation is going....You guys really know what are you talking about!

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

The Bears playoffs wins don't impress me. They barely eek out a win in OT at home against a very injured Seattle team that should have lost to Dallas if not for a fluke. They did beat up a decent Saints team which overachieved all season and finally lost their magic in Chicago. But don't give Grossman credit for those victories, give it to the Chicago D and special teams. All Grossman did was make few enough mistakes not to give the game away, which I commend, but he isn't Joe Montana or John Elway or anything. Most importantly, Seattle & New Orleans don't get out of the Wild Card round if they were in the AFC bracket. The AFC is deep and strong as a conference. I'm a Colts fan, and I still think they are #4 as far as overall team strength in the AFC. A few good bounces against the Ravens helped a lot (two Ray Lewis tipped balls changed the game). The Colts don't win if Caldwell catches those two easy TDs against the Pats either. The worst is over IMO for the Colts. The Bears are not as good as the Chargers, Ravens or Patriots. The Colts can't sleep on the Bears and will have to bring the A-game to win. But, these the Colts are way too hungry and know too well how much it hurts to not deliver to lose this one. Colts win.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Hemlock, I'm sorry man, but if you shut down one part of the colts offense then you can damn well bet that the other part is gonna be clickin... If you double cover Marvin Harrison, then you damn sure know that Reggie Wayne or Dallas Clark will be open! The Colts offense wears on teams and this showed as the Patriots defense got extremely tired in the 2nd half... Even if the Bears come out early and shut the Colts down, the Colts will find a way to put points on the board, even if it's only field goals... Hell, they even beat the Ravens by just kickin 5 of those things! DID U CATCH THAT ONE? The Ravens and Bears are very comparable both offensively and defensively... IMO, McNair is a lot better than Grossman... Ray Lewis is better than Urlacher... Ravens secondary sure as hell is better than the Bears! Bet the Bears if you want man... The Colts will be focused and come out firing! If the Bears get behind early they are in huge trouble! If the Colts get behind early, they will take it in stride just like the Patriots game, comeback and win! By the way, Have u checked out the records against common opponents this year? Oh whats that? No, I didn't think ya did! You can say whatever you want either way about this game... Bottom line is, the Colts are a team of destiny this year and the Colts WILL WIN Super Bowl 41! Slacker, right on my guy! I really think this is the year of the Colts!

Let's Go Horse!

Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 02-02-07 at 01:58 PM.

Hemlock21

Hemlock, I'm sorry man, but if you shut down one part of the colts offense then you can damn well bet that the other part is gonna be clickin... If you double cover Marvin Harrison, then you damn sure know that Reggie Wayne or Dallas Clark will be open! The Colts offense wears on teams and this showed as the Patriots defense got extremely tired in the 2nd half... Even if the Bears come out early and shut the Colts down, the Colts will find a way to put points on the board, even if it's only field goals... Hell, they even beat the Ravens by just kickin 5 of those things! DID U CATCH THAT ONE? The Ravens and Bears are very comparable both offensively and defensively... IMO, McNair is a lot better than Grossman... Ray Lewis is better than Urlacher... Ravens secondary sure as hell is better than the Bears! Bet the Bears if you want man... The Colts will be focused and come out firing! If the Bears get behind early they are in huge trouble! If the Colts get behind early, they will take it in stride just like the Patriots game, comeback and win! By the way, Have u checked out the records against common opponents this year? Oh whats that? No, I didn't think ya did! You can say whatever you want either way about this game... Bottom line is, the Colts are a team of destiny this year and the Colts WILL WIN Super Bowl 41! Slacker, right on my guy! I really think this is the year of the Colts!

Let's Go Horse!

lol. I wish we could watch the game together bro. This isn't about me supporting my bet. The Colts will get euthanized come Sunday......

-Bear Down

Hemlock21

Let's Go Horse!

lol. I wish we could watch the game together bro. This isn't about me supporting my bet. The Colts will get euthanized come Sunday......

-Bear Down

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

good call on this teaser IMGV, even if some posters made you change your mind about it...

imgv94

I still made a ton of money on the game nonetheless..

But I should trust my first instincts more.. Miss football already..

Peyton2MarvinN06

I had this teaser for 10 units from the day the line for the game came out! Then, I saw your post on here and added another 5 units to it immediately... Just felt really good about it... Was concerned about the total with all of the rain, but we ended up making it! Glad we saw eye-to-eye on this one IMG and I really wish you wouldn't have been talked out of your first instinct! This was huge for me! I also had the Colts -6.5 for 5 units so needless to say I made a killing off of my Colts and am the happiest person in the world that they are finally World Champs!

Let's Go Horse!

HOLLA!