chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

NFL Schedule Studies, anyone?

please come forward with something of value.

I have already begun my schedule study for CFB and NFL. one note to self is that Alabama will be greatly assisted by an extra week of rest before each of theyre predictably more difficult games, @ TxA&M sept. 14 and vs. LSU nov. 9. on to the NFL its simplistic to look at how teams perform vs expected outcome when pre/post-BYE, but how do they perform when facing an opponent who is off a BYE? its interesting how last season PHI had to face 4 opponents who were post-BYE. this alone did not cause the Eagles collapse, but facing a built in schedule difficulty does not help. its as if Belichick has sold his soul to the devil catching the rotation of divisions/opponents when they are usually at theyre low points and having at least 2 weak teams every year in his own division. including this upcoming season the Patriots will have faced 2 opponents that were post-BYE(1 home, 1 away) in 6 seasons. yet a team like the Texans will have faced 11 opponents off a BYE(4 home, 7 away)in 6 seasons. the Bills with a 1st year NFL HC this year will face 3 teams that are post-BYE with 2 of them being back2back, @ Dolphins oct. 20, @ Saints oct. 27(post-BYE home favs are 45-14-1 SU and 31-27-2 ATS L5Y) and finally vs. NYJ nov. 17 with their own post_BYE game being vs. Falcons dec. 1. the Panthers having to face 3 post-BYE opponents will also be difficult, @ Vikings 10/13 and back2back @ 49ers 11/10 and vs. Patriots 11/18 along with their own post-BYE game being early and on the road the recipe for wins will not be easy. of course we must consider who they are playing and all other situations, these are some of my 1st games to circle!

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Alabama having an open date before Texas A&M and LSU is worthy of consideration as long as.......

Guess I would also note that Texas A&M has a scrimmage game with Sam Houston State the week before Bama. Also, I would probably alert the forum to the fact that LSU plays powerhouse Furman before an open date facing Alabama.

I appreciate your time and work on the NFL....just ain't got there yet.