R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

New Pats T.E.

Not even gonna mention his name cause I'm fukking sick of hearing it! To all the people out there speculating that the former wanna be QB can now suddenly transform into a TE overnight buy yourselves a clue. He is only 6'3, is a downhill runner who moves like a dump truck for starters. And he is going to suddenly learn how to run routes, fight for tough catches and burn defenders? Even IF he has great hands and natural abilities as a receiver I just do not see it. Too short, too slow and lets face it any NFL linebacker could cover him blind folded with no need for safety help. Only spot he probably has the size, athletic ability and heart for would be as a power back or blocking back in a short yardage situation. With Hernandez now out they will adapt or find someone else but the holy roller is not the answer.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Jeremy Shockey! Anyone know his status Panther fans maybe? He is only 32 or 33 knows the craft of playing TE obviously and in this offense with Brady throwing to him he could have a rebirth for a year or two if he is healthy and wants to put in the work. Make more sense to try and whip a guy like him into shape a little and teach him the offense than work with Tebow ... that is if the Pats have any intention on using him at this spot.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Shockey was out of football last year. He's always been injury prone and now he's old too.

Where are you hearing about Tebow as a TE? I googled it and didn't find much. Is this some ESPN tripe?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Jeremy Shockey! Anyone know his status Panther fans maybe? He is only 32 or 33 knows the craft of playing TE obviously and in this offense with Brady throwing to him he could have a rebirth for a year or two if he is healthy and wants to put in the work. Make more sense to try and whip a guy like him into shape a little and teach him the offense than work with Tebow ... that is if the Pats have any intention on using him at this spot.
    He has not declared him self retired and he is currently living in Miami.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

Slacker I am more of a sports radio guy than Espn that is where I first heard the speculation and yahoo did a write up yesterday as well. He is obviously not with the Pats to play QB so everyone is just guessing what they use him for. And with the Gronk situation and now Hernandez some are saying TE. While mentioning all the reasons he is not qualified I forgot one crucial element BLOCKING! And I looked it up Shockey will be 33 in Aug so far from over the hill and unless he completely wasted away this past year it should not be too hard getting him in playing shape. After all he would be just there to stop the bleeding till Gronk returns then he could just compliment him in their double TE set.