View Poll Results: Which factor had the most impact on the Saints success this year?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hiring Sean Payton

3 20.00%
  • Drafting Reggie Bush

0 0%
  • Signing Drew Brees

11 73.33%
  • A Healthy Deuce McAllister

1 6.67%
    onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

What was the biggest factor in the Saints turnaround this year?

Which of these helped the most in turning the Aints into this years Saints?

• Hiring Sean Payton
    • Drafting Reggie Bush
    • Signing Drew Brees
    • A Healthy Deuce McAllister

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I would have to say the Signing of Drew Brees. With his leadership and decission making on the field, and the fact he could get the ball down the field in a hurry, helped this team to fast success.

Yes the others helped on top of this, but I think Brees was the main factor.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

All play a factor plus one marques colston you forgot to mention
    definitely brees makes a difference
    he did pass for 300+ yards in 11 games this season
    sean payton seems to make the right plays but his team is stacked we will see down the stretch for him, I like him especially when he smacked the shit out of the cowboys.
    reggie bush gives them the 2 headed beast running attack everyone desires plus he is a very good after the catch receiver turning upfield for big gains.
    Mcallister is playing great I think becuse the rest of the team is on point is making him play harder, I personally think he was lack luster the past few years because the rest of the team was hit or miss which made him have a less desire to play
    colston is having a steller year, he has brees to thank for that not to take away from his talent as a WR, as he progresses he will be future 1st round picks in fantasy leagues.
    Just my opinion.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hurricane Katrina.

sonnythekid
    sonnythekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 691

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Hurricane Katrina.
    HA...HA...HA...!

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The signing of Brees and imergance of 7th round draft pick Marcus Colston.

zoneblitz
    zoneblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sean Payton was the most significant reason for the Cowboy collapse this year. He showed the NFL how to beat Dallas by exposing the Cowboy secondary, especially Roy Williams.

After the Cowboy loss to New Orleans, other teams burned the Dallas secondary game after game until the Cowboys were finally put out of their misery.

Parcells should retire again.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Watching the Saints play a few times in 2005, I thought they always had decent offensive talent at WR and RB, even before drafting Bush and Coltston, but they couldn't do anything on offense because of the bad QB.

They just needed a decent, not great, quarterback, and they were playing one of the league's worst in Aaron Brooks. Signing Brees was the biggest factor, with added offensive talent and Peyton calling plays added in.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Payton deserves some credit, but there's no way you could overrate the upgrade they made from Brooks to Brees at QB.

Art Vandeleigh
    Art Vandeleigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Saying goodbye to Papa Manning/saying hello to Drew Breeeeeeees

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gummo
    Payton deserves some credit, but there's no way you could overrate the upgrade they made from Brooks to Brees at QB.
    Agreed, even with all the weapons on offense this team is no better then .500 with Brooks still at QB and I think that is being generous.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Brees. No brainer.

You just can't find NFL QBs of this calibre. Not to mention the price. Somewhat of a lucky find. Imagine how much the Dolphins are kicking themselves for taking Culpepper instead!

PaCKeRMaN
    PaCKeRMaN's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it was all of them. I dont think Bush was a big factor this year( will shine a little more next year) Also Payton needs his pat on the back. Healthy Macalester was a big deal. Droping Brooks HUGE abd bring Brees has had a awsome year nearly perfect. Also remeber over 35 of the players for the Saints didnt even play for them Last year. Full team effort I give them all there props. Besides there is no I in Team!!

But I did pick Payton cause it all starts with the coach...

Packer
    Last edited by PaCKeRMaN; 01-19-07 at 02:45 PM.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Brees and staying relatively healthy across the roster.

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

hiring sean payton was a huge factor..very huge..but getting rid of dumbass Aaron Brooks was one of the best moves made in Saints history...signin Drew Brees in my opinion was the main factor on the outcome of this great season..Brees is the best quarterback the saints ever had and dipstick Tom Benson knows it...having duece healthy is a major reason why our offense is doing what its doing...bush is gonna make a much bigger impact next year for the saints as the game keeps slowing down for him....colston is a fuckin beast and im glad he's in that number...sean payton came in and revamped the whole team and for that i love that guy...
    Last edited by GUNZ-05; 01-19-07 at 04:18 PM.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

1. Hiring Payton
    2. Signing Brees
    3. Getting off to a fast start
    4. Healthy McAlister
    5. Improved defense

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14485

Not much more to add here.

The conference call's gone out. Lezz play da game!