irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

What a joke calling blaine gabbert and chad henne qb competition for jags

The Jacksonville Jaguars are actually calling Blaine Gabbert and Chad Henne a QB competition. That would be a competition in arena football but not in the NFL. If any team should have given Tim Tebow a serious shot at a QB position it is the Jags. He is from Florida and would probably sell tickets there and with the right offense around him could be productive. They have a great running back in Jones. They just would have to build and call plays that Tim Tebow could excel at. We'll never know but that was the team to give him what could be his final shot.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

They have to give Gabbert one more solid shot in his year 3, since he was a #10 overall pick in 2011.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

gabbert is better than henne

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Not sure what is worse their situation or my Raiders. Sure we have seen Flynn look amazing and set a record but that was against a Lions defense with a horrific secondary and then he loses a starting job to a rookie. We have very little NFL starting experience wrapped up between several guys so I am hoping for the best but expecting a long season!

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Not sure what is worse their situation or my Raiders. Sure we have seen Flynn look amazing and set a record but that was against a Lions defense with a horrific secondary and then he loses a starting job to a rookie. We have very little NFL starting experience wrapped up between several guys so I am hoping for the best but expecting a long season!
    I didn't understand the fixation with Flynn, the latest Matt Cassel. I hope I'm wrong, the Raiders have suffered enough.

irish1
    Update your status

Hey look what the Bills did with Fitzpatrick. The guy has a couple of good games and the threw 60 million at him. Now they find out he is nothing more than an average backup but because of the money he has to start. That organization screws themselves constantly. It was the same with Flynn but he only had one good game. The GM's that made those moves should not be in the game, fire their buts. Matt Cassel is another good example. The system made him otherwise he is barely an average backup.

irish1
    Update your status

Ryan Fitzpatrick in his time with the Bills has 92TD's and 81INT's to go with a rating of 76. The Teams record under him is 23w-41L. The guy Sucks. The Bills wasted four years with this loser.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

football contracts are not guaranteed

irish1
    Update your status

Oh! I forgot to say and they wasted their #1 pick on a player they could have had in the second round. QB E.J. Manuel of FLorida State. They are hoping for another RG3 and that ain't happening.

irish1
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    football contracts are not guaranteed
    define contracts?

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

It is truly hard to find a great QB in the NFL in my opinion there are never more than 10/12 in the league at one time and maybe 3/5 with enough talent to really carry a team over the top. You can be just real good like Flacco or Eli and win a SB but the supporting cast, coach, has to be great and the team has to be firing on all cylinders in Jan when it matters. And Slacker not too worried about my Raiders we are starting to rebuild the right way now and this should be another rough "growing up" season but come next year we will have about $50 mill to spend and hopefully bring in 4/5 real difference makers.

irish1
    Update your status

It is truly hard to find a great QB in the NFL in my opinion there are never more than 10/12 in the league at one time and maybe 3/5 with enough talent to really carry a team over the top. You can be just real good like Flacco or Eli and win a SB but the supporting cast, coach, has to be great and the team has to be firing on all cylinders in Jan when it matters. And Slacker not too worried about my Raiders we are starting to rebuild the right way now and this should be another rough "growing up" season but come next year we will have about $50 mill to spend and hopefully bring in 4/5 real difference makers.
    Come on, Give Eli his due the man has carried the Giants plenty of times and is an elite qb in this league.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status

I think Eli is borderline elite he just disappears too much at times for my liking ecs. in the reg. season. He is the antithesis of his brother ironically in that regard. I just don't believe there are too many guys out there who are truly elite and can take a real good team to greatness. Much easier in my opinion for a great team or team that is just on fire at the right moment like Eli's 2 have been to get a real good/ great QB over the top and get a ring or in Dilfers case with Balty a bum lol!

slacker00

I'm more of an optimist with regard to NFL QBs. I'd say there are only 10-12 starting QBs at a given time that are marginal starters and of those only 3-5 are absolute dogs. A great example is Flacco, who most people barely had as a top 20 QB before the playoffs started, but he was able to lead his team all the way. At any given time, there are at least 20 QBs in the NFL that can lead a team to a ring. If you look at Gibbs and Parcells back in the day, they were both able to do it with a backup at QB! But in the modern game with rule changes always putting more emphasis on QB production, I think it's more questionable if a backup could step in and win a Super Bowl anymore. (Although, Kaepernick was 5 yards from winning one and he was a technically a backup to start the season even though he won the starting job halfway through.)

As for the Raiders, I feel bad for their fans, the last playoff game being that Super Bowl loss to Gruden over a decade ago.