prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brian Billick is a %^$#^...loser

I have been been wanting to log in here and post this but have been having problems logging in. Anyway after seeing his terrible coaching performance and him not having an answer for the Colts defense I was hoping he would drop a set and man up and say they were outplayed as well as OUTCOACHED!! but his obvious arrogance just took over and he blamed McNair for turning the ball over on the 3 yd line. I have played this sport most of my life and I can tell you one thing. When you don't have a few plays that the Colts have never seen before or something you can call to help out your offense, then the coach is the one to blame. His figured he could win the ballgame just doing what he has been doing. I know he figured he could beat Indy doing the same ole things.Good enough for the regular season but not the playoffs. Worst coaching performance this year and he not accepting full responsibility just shows how big and a arrogant prick he really is...

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

When Billick was OC for the Vikings, they kept calling him an offensive mastermind running Cunningham, Moss & C.Carter. Truth is, nobody really could have messed up that combination of talent at that time. C.Carter did a better coaching job than Billick in befriending Moss & keeping his head straight. Billick was just right place right time. For all of Billicks supposed mastery of offensive, his Ravens have never been anything more than a bumbling inept offensive team whose defense seems like a bigger offensive threat than their offense. Again, Billick lucks into a great collection of talent (on defense) that would have been very difficult to mess up.

Compared to Bill Bellichick, I don't think a single current NFL coach measures up. I don't know if Bellichick is so great, or maybe everyone else is just that inept.

Cower-Could never win AFC Championship at home, but had a magical season last year. I'm not a believer.
    Shannahan-Had something special going in Elway's twilight, but what has he done since? He's still searching for the next Elway. If anything, it's a testimony to Elway maybe being the greatest QB in his era.
    Parcells-He hasn't done much without Bellichick.
    Holmgren-Had a magical year with Favre & a stockpile of talent, but came short with similarly talented teams.
    Gruden-Chuckie is a wannabe that fell into a collection of talent poised at their peak. I still wonder if Dungy would have won that year if chuckie didn't take over.
    Dungy-Well, now Dungy has his chance. Yet another Choke this weekend and him and Marty should form a club. They might as well invite these other stiffs as well, because nobody is holding a candle to Bellichick right now.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

While I'll agree that Billick is a first rate prick, he didn't throw the three interceptions, McNair did. And the one on the goal line was a killer. He stared Heap down the whole way and led the DB right to the ball.
    Last edited by Doc JS; 01-15-07 at 09:07 PM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I think in many cases, they are inept. Amazing how the fans/bettors know clock management and when to call timeouts and experienced NFL coaches don't. Belichick didn't do anything special in that game Sunday. Marty just made bad coaching decisions.

I agree with most of your analysis. I do think Holmgren is a very good coach, and I originally thought he was overrated in Green Bay. His teams always play well in the playoffs, and they almost beat the top-seeded team despite playing defense with guys off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    Compared to Bill Bellichick, I don't think a single current NFL coach measures up. I don't know if Bellichick is so great, or maybe everyone else is just that inept.

Cower-Could never win AFC Championship at home, but had a magical season last year. I'm not a believer.
    Shannahan-Had something special going in Elway's twilight, but what has he done since? He's still searching for the next Elway. If anything, it's a testimony to Elway maybe being the greatest QB in his era.
    Parcells-He hasn't done much without Bellichick.
    Holmgren-Had a magical year with Favre & a stockpile of talent, but came short with similarly talented teams.
    Gruden-Chuckie is a wannabe that fell into a collection of talent poised at their peak. I still wonder if Dungy would have won that year if chuckie didn't take over.
    Dungy-Well, now Dungy has his chance. Yet another Choke this weekend and him and Marty should form a club. They might as well invite these other stiffs as well, because nobody is holding a candle to Bellichick right now.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

I 2nd all the opinions above

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very good points guys...I mean very good!! Doc,I know McNair threw the three picks and that is very much his fault and didn't help things but my point about Billick is this. If you looked at most if not every pass play for the Ravens, Indy had at least 3 people in the area, very close to the receiver. Made it a tough pass. That tells me that Indy's defense had him well scouted. Knew exactly what he was trying to do with the ball. To me, that is lack of coaching and no respect for Indy's defense or their team what so ever. Never tried anything they haven't seen before. Nothing to throw them off guard. If he would have just admitted he was out coached and give credit to the Colts for having a better gameplan than him, then he would have moved a notch up in my opinion......to notch one, but he went the usual arrogant route. Hope he enjoys the playoffs. He is right where he deserves to be.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

He is an arrogant SOB and I loved seeing him lose to Indy

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah..i would like see that idiot change that stupid sweater he's always wearing!!!!!!!!!