Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Parligod's Week 4 NFL Picks + Analysis

Okay guy's here's my picks for the week. I don't expect anyone to tag on, but for those who were leaning towards a pick maybe mine can be helpful:

1. Cincinnati Bengals -6 (-110). The Good: Going against one of the worst overall Offensive/Defensive teams in the league, the Bengals are racking up sacks against their opponents and proving to be a respectable D. Offense is improving with Palmer and Benson is also averaging around 97 YPG, so a 100+ game here should be a walk in the park. The Bad: Rivalry and played in Cleveland. The QB change could be dangerous, as Anderson's been known to torch Cincy in the past.
    Overall: Cincy is a TD better than Cleveland easily. Confidence rating 3.8 of 5.

2. Baltimore Ravens +2 (-110). The Good: Raven's are 3-0 and handily defeating their opponents. Great D and possibly even greater O! Their drafting picks since '06 years have been very fruitful, resulting in several starting players (currently around 10 now). The Bad: They face the Pats. They face the Pats in NE. 2 of the 3 teams they beat are 2 of the worst teams in the NFL. The 3rd team - the Chargers, were without RB stud Tomlinson. Brady might be coming back into form after a rusty start. Overall: The Pats are good, but the Raven's are better. Brady is still not 100% imo and though the Ravens beat some easy teams, the way they beat them (and how badly) is even more impressive. With the Jets providing a blueprint on how to beat the Pats by throwing Brady off his game, I think the Ravens might use a similar strategy. Confidence rating 3.6 of 5.

3. San Diego Chargers +7 (-120). The Good: LT started practicing again after 2 missed games and looks probable. Meanwhile, the Steelers are struggling on their running game with their #1 back Parker out, while their key Defensive playmaker Troy Polamalu (knee) is also sidelined. ALSO - the Chargers are 2-1 sofar with their only loss coming from Baltimore, and there they only lost 31-26 with LT out and Merriman leaving in the final 5 minutes of the game. That's still impressive. The Bad: The Chargers are taking on the Steelers in Pitt, and they still have a solid D. LT also may not be at 100%, and Shawne Merriman is Questionable this week at best. Overall: There's no way the Steelers will win by 7. They aren't known for big scoring games in the 1st place, and the Chargers have been pushing forward through their injuries. I project the Chargers to win outright here, let alone beat the spread. Confidence rating 4.7 of 5.

4. Minnesota Vikings -3 (-135). The Good: The Favre factor will work for the Vikings, and AP will likely hit 100+ yards while playing at home. This team is improving chemistry and it'll show through their win record. Aside from their solid running game, they have a solid D vs. the run. The Bad: The Favre factor is always a concern; he's an emotional guy, and if it gets the better of him he'll start forcing hero passes to the Viking's demise. GB also has a solid offense and a young/talented offensive team with something to prove. Overall: GB is a good team, with their O being better than their D. But they are overrated right now. Cutler throwing 4 interceptions to them in game 1 was more Cutler and less the Packers' D. Hell they allowed 17 points vs. the Rams, and the Rams are terrible. I can even see a 24-14 final. Confidence rating 3.8 of 5

5. 3 Team Teaser (Teased 7 points). *Note I teased to 7 because the return rate was much better than a tease to 10.

A) New York Giants -2½. I'd be surprised to see the Chiefs pick up 13 points in the game, and would be less surprised to see the NYG get shutout #2 for the season. I'll be nice and predict 20-3 for the Giants. Confidence rating 4.9 of 5.

B) Detroit Lions +17. I liked the liions at +10 already. I'm not saying the Lions are a great team, but the numbers right now are skewed. Don't underestimate the Lions based on last season, as much of those players are gone. Also getting their 1st win is a big confidence booster. Chicago will win, but more likely under 6, though i would've liked to have teased past 17. Confidence rating 4.8 of 5.

C)Indianapolis Colts -3½. I won't blow last week's game out of proportion. The Colts played VERY well, but the Cards also played VERY bad at times. Manning pwned them in the passing game simply because the Card's D just sucked. 2 interceptions in the redzone also helped Indy a bit. Here, I see Seattle playing smarter than the Cards, but they're not as talented a team to stand up to the Colts healthy, let alone injured. The injuries to Seattle will only magnify the degree of loss. A four-point win over Seattle will be simple, probably more like 10. Confidence rating 4.8 of 5.

Parligod
    Parligod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1760

Lord can I win one this week? What a swing from week 3 to week 4.