Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9578

Tomlinson's tirade

I'm a Patriots fan, but I'll defend Tomlinson at the end of the game. I love seeing a big-time player royally pissed off at losing a big game, instead of this Tiki Barber nonsense like walking off the field with a smile on your face when you lose a playoff game.

As for the incident, some people are saying the Patriots were getting in LT's face. That's not what happened. Kevin Faulk and a couple of Pats players tried to shake LT's hand when LT saw 1 Patriot doing the dance at midfield and went over to confront him. No idea who that was, but there was no taunting of LT by the players next to him, unless something happened after he confronted the player at midfield.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Im with LT, screw the other team. He wanted to win, and there is nothing wrong for being upset for losing the game. Way to go LT.

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

i understand what you all are saying...but come on fellas..patriots just won the game and it was time for celebration..and thats what they did..nothing wrong at all...yeah they did merrimans dance or whatever..so what..how about when LT ran towards the endzone and walking the rest of the way in for a touchdown..not much class there...or how about when Shawn Merriman was doing his little dance over a sacked quarterback lying on the ground...thats not much class either...LT handled that loss like a crybaby...i respect LT for his performance for the year but not for his actions after the game..SORE-LOSER!!!!!!!!1

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Give LT a break. Maybe the Pats were happy and celebrated a little too much, maybe LT was upset about the loss and took everything a little too personal. Let the water flow under the bridge. It's playoffs in the NFL and emotions will run high. That's why we watch.

Anyone who reads deeply into the character of LT, the Pats, Bellichick or anyone else about this incident is grasping for air. The media maybe is trying to play an angle or whatever. There just isn't anything there. LT was upset about the loss, etc. The Pats were happy about the win. There just isn't anything else to it. LT calling out Bellichick is just silly. He'll come to his senses and dismiss it. I think he has the right to say some things, he's earned it if anyone has. But I think it was just emotion. I don't think he really feels that way, it's just his way of lashing out about the loss. The real shame is that they let the monkey vultures with microphones prey on the guy like that. LT was upset and let some words slip. I don't think any less of him. It was just a moment of frustration, and we've all been there!

Seattle Slew

Great analysis. LT was likely more upset with his teammates and coaching staff but lashed out at the Pats out of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00
    Give LT a break. Maybe the Pats were happy and celebrated a little too much, maybe LT was upset about the loss and took everything a little too personal. Let the water flow under the bridge. It's playoffs in the NFL and emotions will run high. That's why we watch.

Anyone who reads deeply into the character of LT, the Pats, Bellichick or anyone else about this incident is grasping for air. The media maybe is trying to play an angle or whatever. There just isn't anything there. LT was upset about the loss, etc. The Pats were happy about the win. There just isn't anything else to it. LT calling out Bellichick is just silly. He'll come to his senses and dismiss it. I think he has the right to say some things, he's earned it if anyone has. But I think it was just emotion. I don't think he really feels that way, it's just his way of lashing out about the loss. The real shame is that they let the monkey vultures with microphones prey on the guy like that. LT was upset and let some words slip. I don't think any less of him. It was just a moment of frustration, and we've all been there!

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great analysis. LT was likely more upset with his teammates and coaching staff but lashed out at the Pats out of frustration.
    Deon Sanders put it like that on NFL Network post-game.
    "you're upset that as top seed you are knocked out, you are upset that you only had 25 total touches including passes, you are upset you ran out of time, but the dance isn't really why you are upset."

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Lt's teammates should bury there heads in shame. Lt is a champion with the heart of a champion, he had too many morons around him that don't! I'd be pissed as shiit too!! Tough end to a historic season I feel for the cat.

slacker00

I can't make the jump that LT is pissed at his teammates or coaching staff. LT is just pissed about LOSING. It doesn't matter why/how/who. Don't read more into this than there is.

For a guy that is all about winning, losing is the ultimate downer, especially in such a tough game which took a minor miracle or two from the Pats. Emotions, guys. LT isn't thinking straight enough to specifically be pissed at his teammates or something, unless he had reservations before the game, which is not at all obvious. Some bad bounces, some bonehead plays, some minor miracles by the other team, it can add up to a moment of insanity for a guy like LT that gave everything he had and still came short. I'm not suprised that he flipped out a little bit. Give the dude a break, and for Christ sakes, don't suggest that he hates his teammates and/or coaches.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

This is possibly one of the dumbest things that ESPN has ever beat to death.

I have one question, WHO GIVES A FLYING f\*\*k?

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

SD may be a good future bet for super bowl winner next year...

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Whatever triggered it, I think it was simply a case of an intense athlete reacting to disappointment, inappropriately perhaps to some degree, but understandably, I feel.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    SD may be a good future bet for super bowl winner next year...
    I got SD at 30:1 before the season started. (Also had Balt at 40:1). I felt like a genius before this weekend's games!

What odds will SD open, BB? I don't see them getting better than 10:1. Probably more like 8:1. I can't quite pull the trigger at those odds. My buy price for SD next season is probably at 15:1. What do you think?

texaseast
    texaseast's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really Liked L.T. and when so many players don't really seem to care about loosing you could see that he did. He had a great season and if he just thought of himself he shouldn't be mad. But he wants to win its not about the money or the MVP its all about winning. I wish more NFL players felt like that. Thats why I think people like me enjoy watching College football more because they care if they win or loose. But as far a him being mad about the Pats doing the sack dance oh well thats whats Shawn gets. He makes one play an does a dance what about the other 40 he doesn't make at least the Pats had a reason to celebrate.

SYCEONER
    SYCEONER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tomlinson is alittle bitch who deserves to get his knee popped. screw him and screw the "superchargers" who got embarrased

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got SD at 30:1 before the season started. (Also had Balt at 40:1). I felt like a genius before this weekend's games!

What odds will SD open, BB? I don't see them getting better than 10:1. Probably more like 8:1. I can't quite pull the trigger at those odds. My buy price for SD next season is probably at 15:1. What do you think?
    Especially if Marty is gone

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SYCEONER
    Tomlinson is alittle bitch who deserves to get his knee popped. screw him and screw the "superchargers" who got embarrased
    WOW...thats a lil harsh dont u think??

Seattle Slew

The fact he hasn't cooled down yet does not look good for him. Not saying he should apologize, but admit you were upset and losing and lashed out.

kdmfox
    kdmfox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I think the Patriots were a touch over the top with their celebrations ... According to a local column by Karen Guregian (Boston Herald), the Patriots were way out of line and should have acted like they've been there before ... Ellis Hobbs went to midfield and did a little dance on the Chargers logo and several Patriots stuck their heads in the Chargers locker room and hollered "lights out", obviously referring to Merriman's nickname.

Professional athletes spend more time celebrating after every play than they do playing the games ... Football is ridiculous with celebrations and baseball is a joke with going up and down the dugout with their high fives and celebration antics after every play.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I got SD at 30:1 before the season started.
    We both had that... Only $10 but still that would of been decent $$

zoneblitz
    zoneblitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am glad to see an athlete mad about losing a game. It is tiring to see players who just lost a game go hug up on the players on the other team, all smiles and joking around, as if it does not matter whether they won or lost.

A loss should hurt, and it was obvious it hurt LT to lose the game. Wins and losses are important to the fans who support the team with ticket purchases, buying the products advertised on TV, buying team merchandise, etc. Fans want to know the players want to win too.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I like LT and hate all the celebration crap that goes on, but I don't think its much different than Merriman dancing after a sack. He was frustrated, and should have just left the field.