DanOmaha
    DanOmaha's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opinions on Tonight's Indy-Arz game...

I keep hearing people say to take the over, but I don't have a read on this.

Indy +3 looks good to me...

DanOmaha
    DanOmaha's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here is Burns analysis:
    ARIZONA Game: Indianapolis Colts vs. Arizona Cardinals Game Time: 9/27/2009 8:20:00 PM Prediction: Arizona Cardinals Reason: I'm playing on ARIZONA. The Colts come in at 2-0 while the Cardinals are 1-1. However, I've been more impressed with the defending NFC Champs than I have with the Colts. Neither team looked good in its opener. The Colts barely squeaked by Jacksonville at home in Week 1, winning 14-12. The Cards lost a close one vs. San Francisco, losing 20-16. However, the Cards improved a lot more from Week 1 to Week 2 as they bounced back with a convincing double-digit win at Jacksonville. The Colts, on the other hand, barely defeated Miami. While Manning pulled out the victory, taking a look at the stats from that game and we find that the Dolphins had a 403-356 edge in total yards and a significant 27-14 advantage in first downs. They also dominated time of possession. In fact, Miami controlled the ball for more than 45 minutes, holding a whopping 45.07 to 14:53 edge in time of possession. Note that game came on Monday night too, meaning the Colts are playing on a short week. Additionally, note that S Bob Sanders (knee) and WR Anthony Gonzalez (knee) have been ruled out, while several players are questionable. The Cards come in with something to prove. Despite making it all the way to the Super Bowl, they still don't feel that they're getting any respect. Larry Fitzgerald summed up the team's attitude about this game, saying: "This is a great opportunity for us to go out and showcase what we're all about, about the Arizona Cardinals, about THIS year, about THIS team." Fitzgerald was one of Arizona nine players who caught passes last week as the Cards got an awesome performance by Warner. Indeed, the veteran QB was 24 of 26 for 243 yards and two touchdowns which was the highest completion percentage in NFL history, with at least 20 passes thrown. Fitzgerald had this to say of Warner: "Kurt's found the fountain of youth somewhere. I don't know where it is, but we're blessed to have his services. He played error-free football to put our offense in a great position. When he's back there in that kind of rhythm, it's hard to deal with him." Speaking of Warner, you might be surprised to learn that Warner and Manning have only faced each other once before, some eight years ago when Warner was with the Rams. Warner threw for 359 yards (Manning had 195) leading his team to a 42-17 victory. The Cards are 4-0 SU/ATS the last four times that they were home favorites of three points or less and they're 8-2 ATS their last 10 games against teams from the AFC. Meanwhile, the Colts are 0-4 ATS the last four times that they played a road game where the total ranged between 45.5 and 49 points. I expect Warner's team to get the better of Manning's team once again, covering the small number along the way

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Colts are overrated plus their defense just played the equivalent to 2 games (45 minutes) on a short week traveling cross country vs the top receiving core in football..

If Warner doesnt throw up a clunker and fumble the game away, then the Cards should win.

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

The Colts defense couldn't stop the dolphins last weeks. Run all over. With the injurys, and being away, i fully expect Arizona to win this game. The over look good too. A few teams with limited defense and explosive offense.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Going to play the over. Best of luck to all.

nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

It almost feels too easy to play the Cards this week.

Let's look at a few things:
    1. This game is Cards -3 meaning without homefield its a pick'em in the oddsmakers eyes.

2. The common opponent angle (Jaguars) just doesn't work. It works even less when you consider that, if not for the blocked FG return, this is a 7 point game.

3. Arizona had 4 fumbles last week and lost 2 of them which just isn't good football.

With all this said, I think a small action-play is the most I'll put up, it's just not a great game to gamble on and Indy will more than likely get their share of points, and I think it'll come down to how well Warner can move in the pocket with Freeney/Mathis coming after him all night. I doubt Arizona will show any commitment to the run, even though doing so would certainly serve their purpose against this colts team.