Mr Winters
    Mr Winters's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL Week 3 Leans (all games) - Input/Feedback

Leans for NFL Week 3:

TEN@NYJ-2 - Gotta love the Jets right now, but TEN is in a tight spot, must win. Lean def goes to NYJ-2 b/c they're hot as hell and playing at home. I already booked the UNDER 37 here.

JAX@TEX-3.5 - I got nuthin'. Have to cap the matchups here. Division game. TEX has some weapons, gotta see how they matchup with JAX D. ARI crushed JAX D last week puttin' up 31. TEX won a high-scorer @ TEN last week. Give 3 to TEX for homefield - but I like them to cover -3.5 right now. But JAX is 0-2 and needs to win this divisional game.

KAS@PHI-9 - I don't want to touch PHI right now until I see how Reid is acting with his O. REALLY excited in general about this game, but I don't think I'm ready to lay 9pts hangin' here. Sure KAS sucks, and it'd be nice to think PHI D (and special teams) is gonna redeem themselves this week. Lean on the UNDER -39.5, but if PHI is cruisin' against a weak KC and trying out some new toys - they might blow it up and crush KC, or have a hard time capitalizing while their trying out their new toys. I lean toward them not capitalizing as easy. As far as KAS scoring points. . . they put up 24 on BAL and 10 on OAK. ???

CLE@BAL-13.5 - That's a lot of points to lay. BAL has been cruisin' pretty good but easily could let up against a perceived weak opponent. CLE needs a win bad and Quinn did manage to put up 20 on a not-too-bad MIN D. BAL wouldn't have covered this spread in their KC matchup at home week 1. Lean def goes to CLE+13.5 right now.

NYG@TAM+6.5 - NYG has been hot, too hot. Plus they are banged up worse than almost anyone in the league. Coming off a big NationalTV win (understatement) - lean has to go to TB who need the win. I need to look at TB's losses and see if they are better or worse than their record suggests. I'm probably gonna lean TAM+6.5 for the above reasons, and they're at home. (EDIT: I booked TAM+6.5 and a little on TAM M/L +235)

WAS@DET+6.5 - I'm taking DET. Little explanation should be necessary. Portis is out, BTW. If they get blown up, look out Tampa Bay consecutive loss record! DET's gonna take that from you this year! I think DET will actually get it done at home, and WAS is gonna have a LONG rest of the year.

GBP@STL-6.5 - Hmmmmm. . . seems like this spread should be taking at least 1 or 2 more points from GBP. . . probably a good game to look at any RLM. There's something here smells funny.

SF@MIN-7 - I wouldn't touch this game. I think SF is under-rated right now, but I watch AP run last week and that dude is riddigerous. Farve is doing exactly what he should be doing and MIN D kicked it in last week after being down at 1/2 @ DET. Would need to cap the matchups good to get a better feel.

ATL@NE-4.5 - I don't want to touch this game, either. NE has to get on a roll if they want to make something out of this season, but ATL is hot and motivated right now. I wouldn't touch this game with a 10-foot pole.

CHI@SEA+2 - So CHI beats PGH, Cutler is looking pretty decent (even though he's a punk), Hasselbeck goes down, the rest of SEA is in the infirmary or close, and their only taking 2 pts. Maybe this seems to easy but I'm all over CHI-2 here.

NO@BUF+6 - Wow. Another hot potato. Brees is in pretty good form (HAHAHAHAHA!!!!), but I think BUF is under-rated as a team and they're at home. Y'know, this is all about BUF's D. Can they pressure Brees (PHI couldn't) and how good has their secondary been playing? If BUF D doesn't have the skills, NO is gonna keep rollin'. Of course they might be looking ahead to NYJ next week, but I also think they are on fire and confidence is sky-high. W/O capping BUF's D, I lean to NO-6 pretty confidently.

MIA@SDC-5.5 - I think SD is over-rated big-time. MIA is under-rated, even though they're gaining some respect. Gotta go with MIA+5.5 here.

PIT@CIN+3.5 - What is this, a joke? I feel bad for CIN, I really do, but PIT is gonna get it done without much issue. Polumalu or no, though I'm sure they miss him dearly. CIN will keep it within a TD or 10, but not 4. Steelers are gonna be mad just because they have to go to Cincinnati the town. They're not gonna do it for nuthin', not after CHI takin' it to them last week - not after they let Reed lose that for them.

DEN@OAK+2 - hmmmmmmm. . . this is all about the matchups, gotta look into it further.

IND@ARI-3 - Look for ARI to get it done in dramatic fashion at home. They're pumped for this season and IND is the other way around. IND is off a short week after a tight win last Monday. ARI-3

There's my initial thoughts and notes guys. Go to town.
    Last edited by Mr Winters; 09-26-09 at 08:45 PM.

million2one
    million2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 404

I like your picks man and am on some of the same games.
    It's probably a good week to pick some dogs on the ML.
    I like the Bills and even Miami to win outright.
    I'd be careful with Chicago, and lean toward Seattle in that game, they have a ton of injuries but Seneca Wallace usually plays well.

I would also lean toward Philly, the line is now at -7.5, and they usually respond well after a bad game.

Mr Winters

Thanks, million2one.

MIA winning is a distinct possibility, thanks for the idea.

BUF could take it, too. That game is gonna tell us something about NO.

BetJam (my only acct) is still taking 9 from PHI right now, if it drops to 7.5 I'll def consider laying them.

Good point on the SEA - I'm definitely trying to figure out why that line is not giving SEA more points. I like SF a little this year, but SEA still only put up 10 points on them last week. Considering CHI held PIT to 14 last week - how is SEA going to do much better? I guess CHI Off has not exactly proven themselves, either.

What's the word on Hasselbeck? From what I can tell he's ?, not out. Wouldn't make much sense to play him, though.

million2one

That's a good point about Seattle line being so low, you'd think they be getting more points and without a starting QB. The line is begging people to take Chicago I guess, I don't know much about reading into lines, but I capped the game myself and had Seattle as a 3 point favorite, of course that assumes Hasselbeck starting. He had same injury as McNabb who did sit out last week, so I would think Hasselbeck will sit as well.

McNabb will not start either as the eagles have a bye next week, the line on my book went to -7.5, I'm playing them in a teaser. The eagles should definitely win and win by at least a touchdown.

million2one

My favorite plays for the week though are Pit and Arizona, glad to see you like them as well.

Good luck.

Mr Winters

Based on Robust's excellent analysis here: NYGiants @ TB Buccaneers
    I put a little action on TAM M/L +235
    Last edited by Mr Winters; 09-26-09 at 08:34 PM.