Strong Plays (2-0)(+4.00 units)
    Regular Plays (0-3)(-3.30 units)

Overall (3-5)(-2.90 units)

SEASON OVERALL

Best Bets (2-3)(-3.90 units)
    Strong Plays (5-0)(+10.00 units)
    Regular Plays (3-5)(-2.50 units)

Overall (10-8)(+3.60 units)

I was happy with week two until I lost a best bet on Miami Monday night. How can a team have the ball for Ύ of the game and lose? Not only did I lose my best bet, but the Dolphins are my team as well. That game really ticked me off. Oh well, still plus for the season. I know that should have been a winner. Here are my picks for week three.

Steelers -4 vs. Cincinnati (best bet)…………….It’s the Steelers vs. the Bengals. What else do you need to know? Pittsburgh is going to be an angry bunch of come out extremely focused. I don’t think this one will be close. Cincy will make their usual mistakes and take themselves right out of this ball game. Might be a little close for a while, but Pittsburgh will pull away in the second half and win by two touchdowns. There is a reason they call them the bungels.

Tennessee +3 vs. Jets (best bet)……………It takes some guts to go against the Jets right now and at home to boot, but that is what I am going to do. The NFL is crazy and you have to expect the unexpected. Tennessee is one of the best teams in the league, coached by one of the best coaches in the league. Tennessee is the better team right now. Maybe they won’t be next year, but experience and talent wins this one. Jets rookie QB I feel might experience his first mistake filled game against one of the better defenses. Should be a great game. Tennessee lost their first two games by three each and it will not happen again. All the national hype with the Jets and their rookie QB is the reason the Jets are favored. I think Tennessee should be a three point favorite. Outright win here.

New England -4 vs. Atlanta (strong play)……………..You would think this game was in Atlanta with what the line is. The Pats off to a slow start and because of that I think they are actually under valued right now. As much as Atlanta is improved, they are a poor road team. Everybody talked about Atlanta not having any defense going into this season and I think that will hurt them on the road vs a hungry Patriot team. Pats are always used to being on top and the one being chased, now they have something to prove, so I expect a great effort from them this week. I see a 7-10 point win.

Miami +6 vs San Diego (strong play)……………..The chargers are famous for losing games they are supposed to win. There is something up with this game. I feel this line should be at least ten points and there is a reason it is not. Miami is not going to catch anybody by surprise like they did last year, but they are still a very good club and when a good club has their backs to the wall, they usually respond well. I would not be shocked to see Miami win this game, but more than likely they will lose another tough one.

New Orleans -6 vs Buffalo (regular play)……………I like this one as well and the only reason it is not stronger than a one unit play is it scares me. New Orleans a machine right now and I don’t think Buffalo is going to be as good or as improved as many think. New Orleans has a history of not playing as well one the road either, so I might be wrong about this one, but I am willing to risk a unit on a team who’s offense and QB looks unstoppable right now.

Minnesota -6.5 vs San Francisco (regular play)…………..I am a believer in San Francisco this year as I have played them both weeks so far. I am a bigger believer in the Vikings. They have been a QB away for years from reaching the Super Bowl. Favre getting more and more used to playing again and he has a defense and a running game now. I think this one gets ugly. I think it all goes Minnesota’s way. This one not even close.

That is all. Only six plays for me, which is light for me in the NFL. Not decided on the Sunday or Monday night games yet. I will more than likely be back late Sunday afternoon with my night selection.

Good Luck Everybody!!

Keystone Kidd
    Keystone Kidd's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to go with the NY Jets. NY Jets Won 24-7 at Houston. Tennessee Lost 34-31 at home vs Houston. The Jets defense is looking good and I think they can hold off Tennesse and cover the spread if it stays below 3-. If Tennesse wins, I am going back to playing the Horses.

HEAD TO HEAD DETAIL: NY Jets 4-1 ATS all wins by 7 or more points and the loss was 4 points. 4 of the 5 games were played in Tennesse with that loss there also.

Good Luck

Brewdogmike
    Brewdogmike's Avatar Become A Pro!

You're brave to make that call on the TEN-NJY game. Some books have that at TEN +1.5. Think I might stay away from that one and just watch it, or the replay on NFL Network. Good luck!

madmaxx
    madmaxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Agree with your Miami pick. As a Charger fan, this team is in deep trouble (Chargers that is), especially going to Pitt week 4. If they win it will be by a FG or less. Miami covers.

textbook winner
    textbook winner's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm not so sure