Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

wildcard picks column

It's the road Saturday and home Sunday

http://citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.d...D=200770105037

In the midst of the usual barrage of coach firings, the NFL playoffs are taking place for some of the teams who are not firing their coach.
    There is one coach who was not fired, but just decided to call it a day. After an amazing 15 years in Pittsburgh, head coach Bill Cowher called owner Dan Rooney and resigned. The hunt begins for what is likely a coveted job in the NFL, as the Steelers have only had two head coaches since 1969, Cowher and four-time Super Bowl winner Chuck Noll, who served 23 seasons in Pittsburgh. With heads rolling as they have been this past week, going to Pittsburgh for some job security sounds like a good plan.
    SATURDAY’S GAMES:
    Kansas City at Indianapolis: Of recent common opponents, KC and Indy have both taken on Jacksonville – the Chiefs on the last game of the regular season and the Colts on Dec. 10. The Jags beat the Colts, 44-17, but lost to Kansas City, 35-30.
    Indy is 3-4 in its last seven games. While KC certainly isn't sporting the best D in the league, the Chiefs gave up almost 1,000 fewer rushing yards than Indy and that's the difference in this game. Defense and the rush have always been big playoff factors in my mind and this game lays out no differently.
    The Colts started the season well, but their weaknesses have caused them to falter in the home stretch and will take them out of the playoffs in round one. The Colts are making their fifth consecutive appearance in the playoffs and have not been to the final dance yet. They won’t make it this season, either … CHIEFS.
    Dallas at Seattle: Neither of these teams finished out the season well. The Cowboys lost three of their last four and the Seahawks snapped a three-game losing streak with a 23-7 win over Tampa Bay last Sunday. Dallas is 5-3 on the road and Seattle is 5-3 at home. Statistically speaking, Dallas outranks Seattle in all areas except pass defense, a category in which the Seahawks gave up a paltry 250 less yards than the Cowboys. Seattle’s recent losses to San Francisco and Arizona put in the mind to take the road team … COWBOYS.
    SUNDAY’S GAMES
    New York Jets at New England: It’s unfortunate that the Jets have to begin the playoffd in New England. The Patriots have gone under the radar most of the season and start their bid for the Super Bowl riding a three-game winning streak. This time of year is cold in Foxboro, but the Pats are generally hot … PATRIOTS
    New York Giants at Philadelphia: The Giants are lucky to be here and the Eagles are riding a five-game winning streak. Midseason, it seem all hope was lost for the Eagles to make a playoff appearance – meanwhile, the Giants were riding high and looking like Super Bowl contenders. What a difference the second half of the season has made. Philly is one of the hottest teams in the NFL, with QB Jeff Garcia leading the offensive effort in place of an injured Donovan McNabb. Could be Giants RB Tiki Barber’s career is over after this game, as might be the case for head coach Tom Coughlin … EAGLES.
    Last week: 10-6; overall: 153-103.
    This is the opinion of Nancy Allen, who can be reached at 232-5845 or nallen@CITIZEN-TIMES.com.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I respectfully disagree with both of your plays on Saturday... I believe Seattle is the best bet of the weekend... Their homefield advantage has grown to one of the best in the NFL... As IMGV stated in his wildcard plays post, the Carolina Panthers could not even hear their play calls last year and the stadium was shaking... This same thing occurs at the RCA Dome when road teams come calling... Johnson should get his yardage and a few TD's, but IMO the Colts D will step it up with the return of Bob Sanders to the lineup... Everyone is counting the Colts out this year and you never know, this could just be the year that they surprise everyone... No one gave the Steelers a chance last year before the playoffs started...
    I agree with your two sunday plays, but I will more than likely be playing the other side ATS... Jets already won in Foxboro this year. It's not likely that they will do it again, but I believe they will play tough... If the Giants can get Barber going again against the Eagles I believe they keep it close even with their POOR DEFENSE!

Good luck to everyone!

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nancy,
    You are very good looking and dig football too~
    Great combination

ATS I would possibly agree with ya, but I see Indy winning SU in a close one.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm liking your Dallas pick SG.

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    Nancy,
    Great combination

Any given Saturday? We'll know by tomorrow, my friend. Thanks for the compliments - I'm blushing

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I'm liking your Dallas pick SG.

See above post, BBD - I'd rather be good looking

nosuzieno

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl
    Any given Saturday? We'll know by tomorrow, my friend. Thanks for the compliments - I'm blushing
    My pleasure. It was a pleasant surprise to find your pic on here last eve. GL today~

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I've got:

Colts
    Cowboys
    Pats
    Eagles

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by gummo
    I've got:

Colts
    Cowboys
    Pats
    Eagles
    I believe you've got the winners, Eric

nosuzieno

Here's to the road chiefs

Here's to the Indy backers

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    Nancy,
    Great combination

is that nancy in the sportsgirl avatar?

nosuzieno

No,
    her pic is on the main page with touts free pics of the day nosuzie's in love
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by nosuzieno; 01-06-07 at 08:56 PM.