DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Dr.Stale is a raging libtard.

Ditka is 1000% correct. It's a tiny minority that is doing all the crying about this. 99% of America couldn't give a fukk that this team is called the Redskins.
    How many times do I have to own you before you stop talking? Theres plenty of liberal crap im not on board with so get over yourself. The native people I know see it as degrading and offensive. If the majority of native people feel the same way then lose the name. Tons of schools have changed racist mascot names and nobody gives a fukk anymore. Same thing would happen here.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    How many times do I have to own you before you stop talking? Theres plenty of liberal crap im not on board with so get over yourself. The native people I know see it as degrading and offensive. If the majority of native people feel the same way then lose the name. Tons of schools have changed racist mascot names and nobody gives a fukk anymore. Same thing would happen here.
    Dr.....you simply being a raging libtard doesn't mean that I don't like you. I actually do. You're one of my very favorite libtards on the forum.

I realize this is the flavor of the month currently for the libtard agenda. Being a pie face is akin to what being a gay was last year.

It'll pass.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Double Bogey
    Double Bogey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1472

If the name was the Washington Blackskins with a picture of an African tribesman, would you want it changed? The Florida St Seminoles and the fighting Illini are meant to be honorable, redskins is certainly not. That's not being an overly sensitive liberal, it's using your brain.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

It sounds to me like he was saying that in jest. i.e. comparing changing the Redskins name to changing the constitution.
    I think he's being serious and he really is just that stupid when it comes to politics, again he's just a celebrity.

THE HITMAN
    THE HITMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16230

I'm sensitive and I vote for a change !! The D C Redskins
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Mr KLC

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

Quote Originally Posted by r.p. Mcmurphy View Post
    same with the trayvon martin bullshit. Black kids been killing each other each day by the dozens in this country for decades. So what makes trayvon special? Because it's a story worthy of creating controversy and the media spoon feeds it to the morons who subscribe.
    retweet.

All these ass holes getting offended are probably robbing stores in ferguson right now.

"a payless was looted last night in ferguson and not a single pair of work boots was stolen"

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

If the American public TRULY wants the name changed, then make Redskins merchandise sales 32nd out of all the NFL teams. Currently they are in the Top 15 of merchandise sales, and top 5 in most valuable franchises. That's after a 3-13 season. If the American public TRULY wants the name changed, don't buy a ticket to their games, and make the stadium nearly empty. If you do come to the games, sit on your hands in silence when they play "Hail to the Redskins!". Until that happens, the politically correct crowd can drink a gallon of "Shut the hell up!", and find some other worthless cause to get behind. You have not sold the country on the fact that your cause is the right thing to do. Dollars should do the talking, and if the American public is continuing to pay, then "nothing to see here".

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Hey fukk you Mr KFC... Let's change it to Washington Rednecks instead..

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Hey fukk you Mr KFC... Let's change it to Washington Rednecks instead..
    Or we could go with the Washington Roidrage, you overgrown goof.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    I love this idea! I'm a redneck and I approve, BTW!
    Love this..

Looks like Opie with a mullet and actual Anglo hair..

Mr KFC watch your back!!

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    If the American public TRULY wants the name changed, then make Redskins merchandise sales 32nd out of all the NFL teams. Currently they are in the Top 15 of merchandise sales, and top 5 in most valuable franchises. That's after a 3-13 season. If the American public TRULY wants the name changed, don't buy a ticket to their games, and make the stadium nearly empty. If you do come to the games, sit on your hands in silence when they play "Hail to the Redskins!". Until that happens, the politically correct crowd can drink a gallon of "Shut the hell up!", and find some other worthless cause to get behind. You have not sold the country on the fact that your cause is the right thing to do. Dollars should do the talking, and if the American public is continuing to pay, then "nothing to see here".
    Yeah, slavery was very profitable too, let's bring that back.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by strictlypaypal View Post

"a payless was looted last night in ferguson and not a single pair of work boots was stolen"
    NOMINATED LIKE A MOTHERFUKKER

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, slavery was very profitable too, let's bring that back.
    Hardly comparable.

slacker00

Hardly comparable.
    You are reducing morality to profit, what's the difference? If you have a problem with slavery, stop wearing cotton.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

You are reducing morality to profit, what's the difference? If you have a problem with slavery, stop wearing cotton.
    I don't wear cotton. It makes me itch. Every person that "Hails to the Redskins" has bad morals? There are many more important issues out there that actually effect the lives of these people. What does changing the name of this team solve? Does it solve many of the problems Native Americans face like suicide rates, school drop outs, teenage pregnancy, or length of life? All this does is form a "Kumbaya" moment for politicians, and make it look like they care. Nothing of great importance to these people is getting accomplished. Hey, I dropped out of school, and want to just end it all because I have no future, but at least they changed the name of that damn football team. Native Americans are getting just another bum deal parallel to the one they got hundreds of years ago.

slacker00

I don't wear cotton. It makes me itch. Every person that "Hails to the Redskins" has bad morals? There are many more important issues out there that actually effect the lives of these people. What does changing the name of this team solve? Does it solve many of the problems Native Americans face like suicide rates, school drop outs, teenage pregnancy, or length of life? All this does is form a "Kumbaya" moment for politicians, and make it look like they care. Nothing of great importance to these people is getting accomplished. Hey, I dropped out of school, and want to just end it all because I have no future, but at least they changed the name of that damn football team. Native Americans are getting just another bum deal parallel to the one they got hundreds of years ago.
    I don't care about any of that stuff. I'm just pointing out the tragically flawed profit=morality argument.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I don't care about any of that stuff. I'm just pointing out the tragically flawed profit=morality argument.
    You don't care about the things that REALLY affect these human beings? Where are your morals?

slacker00

You don't care about the things that REALLY affect these human beings? Where are your morals?
    You are whipping out the morality measuring stick on a gambling message board? Enjoy!

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

You are whipping out the morality measuring stick on a gambling message board? Enjoy!
    I was just throwing the term that you brought out right back to you. I'm just pointing out that there is no substance to doing this. Just posturing. Just photo ops. All the while, people are feeling so good that this happened while they are drinking their PC Kool Aid. All the while, the Native American population has gained absolutely nothing, but they'll continue to vote these clowns into office because it seems like they care. They are settling for so little, when they deserve so much more.

Pete0
    --------------------
    Pete0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Well written sir !

Quote Originally Posted by BranchDavidian View Post
    When a professional team names itself after anything, they are showing respect for that thing. The Washington Redskins are saying they would like their team to display the heroic bravery that the team associates with the Indian tribe. Why would any Indian, or non-Indian, find this insulting? Amazingly enough, some tribes did go along with the political correctness idiots and claim that they were insulted by this praise from professional sports. I suppose next we will see the animal rights activists want all pro and college teams to get rid of the animal mascots. After all, we must not insult the sensibilities of our four-legged friends either .

slacker00

I was just throwing the term that you brought out right back to you. I'm just pointing out that there is no substance to doing this. Just posturing. Just photo ops. All the while, people are feeling so good that this happened while they are drinking their PC Kool Aid. All the while, the Native American population has gained absolutely nothing, but they'll continue to vote these clowns into office because it seems like they care. They are settling for so little, when they deserve so much more.
    I am challenging the assertion that profit=morality. It's obviously flawed. Feel free to defend that assertion.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I am challenging the assertion that profit=morality. It's obviously flawed. Feel free to defend that assertion.
    I don't see a moral issue here. I see a fabricated issue, disguised as something important. You're throwing the term "morality" out there like everyone that buys Redskins merchandise, attends their games, and continually sings the fight song, is an immoral person. Professional teams don't derive nicknames to blatantly slur someone or something. They formulate them because that's how they want their team to be represented. Its a sense of honor. For decades this proud franchise has had the Native American grace their helmet, and represent their logo as a matter of pride. Fans have purchased, and worn their burgandy, gold, and white not only as fans of the team, but for what that team represents through their city and nickname. My point earlier was that if these same people suddenly deem that the representation of this team is wrong, and stop supporting it through their dollars, then that is when Mr. Snyder needs to start considering whether he is truly on the wrong side of the fence. The people are not saying that. They are continuing to support it nationally, not just locally.

Who is you. me, or anyone else (other than maybe the NFL) to FORCE a privately owned franchise to change the way they represent themselves. If they do it in a bad way, they will lose their customer base, and be forced to change their marketing strategy, sell the business, or just go out of business. That is not the case here. They are the 3rd most valuable NFL franchise out there. They are in the Top 15 in sales. Evidently the general public does not see a moral dilemma either. Don't you find it a little strange the NFL hasn't jumped in on this, like the NBA did with the Clippers? Changing the name could potentially devalue this franchise.

In closing for all of you that are for the name change, I leave you with this:

Good night!

slacker00

I don't see a moral issue here. I see a fabricated issue, disguised as something important. You're throwing the term "morality" out there like everyone that buys Redskins merchandise, attends their games, and continually sings the fight song, is an immoral person.
    False. I'm addressing your argument that behavior can be excused if it is profitable enough.

slacker00

Just a quick recap if anyone is trying to follow my argument, I'm addressing this:

Dollars should do the talking, and if the American public is continuing to pay, then "nothing to see here".
    Just because something is profitable doesn't justify it, that's all I'm saying. It's easy to find examples in history.

DrStale

I don't see a moral issue here. I see a fabricated issue, disguised as something important. You're throwing the term "morality" out there like everyone that buys Redskins merchandise, attends their games, and continually sings the fight song, is an immoral person. Professional teams don't derive nicknames to blatantly slur someone or something. They formulate them because that's how they want their team to be represented. Its a sense of honor. For decades this proud franchise has had the Native American grace their helmet, and represent their logo as a matter of pride. Fans have purchased, and worn their burgandy, gold, and white not only as fans of the team, but for what that team represents through their city and nickname. My point earlier was that if these same people suddenly deem that the representation of this team is wrong, and stop supporting it through their dollars, then that is when Mr. Snyder needs to start considering whether he is truly on the wrong side of the fence. The people are not saying that. They are continuing to support it nationally, not just locally.

Who is you. me, or anyone else (other than maybe the NFL) to FORCE a privately owned franchise to change the way they represent themselves. If they do it in a bad way, they will lose their customer base, and be forced to change their marketing strategy, sell the business, or just go out of business. That is not the case here. They are the 3rd most valuable NFL franchise out there. They are in the Top 15 in sales. Evidently the general public does not see a moral dilemma either. Don't you find it a little strange the NFL hasn't jumped in on this, like the NBA did with the Clippers? Changing the name could potentially devalue this franchise.

In closing for all of you that are for the name change, I leave you with this:

Good night!
    Maybe you should explain to Native people that they are being honored. Cuz what I get from most of them is that their culture is being ridiculed and made to be animalistic through use of derogatory names. But hey if the white guy says youre honored you should be grateful he has bestowed this upon you.

The point youre missing entirely is that the people buying all the Redskins shit are White. Fukk if there were a team called the Arabs this country would probably support it. Doesnt mean its right.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Maybe you should explain to Native people that they are being honored. Cuz what I get from most of them is that their culture is being ridiculed and made to be animalistic through use of derogatory names. But hey if the white guy says youre honored you should be grateful he has bestowed this upon you.

The point youre missing entirely is that the people buying all the Redskins shit are White. Fukk if there were a team called the Arabs this country would probably support it. Doesnt mean its right.
    Let's not also forget the fact that Daniel Snyder donates a lot of money to Indian tribes to build playgrounds for the kids and anything else he can for them. The Native American Indians do not mind him using the name Redskins. It is the democrappy party that keeps dredging this garbage up to keep the media's attention off the guy who is really do the job he is supposed to be doing while trying to run our country. That's it folks pure plain and simple a cover up for the media to take attention off of obozo the boy blunder.

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

They should change the name to the Washington Blackskins to reflect most of the players ethnicity

DrStale

Quote Originally Posted by GIVEMETHEMONEY View Post
    Let's not also forget the fact that Daniel Snyder donates a lot of money to Indian tribes to build playgrounds for the kids and anything else he can for them. The Native American Indians do not mind him using the name Redskins. It is the democrappy party that keeps dredging this garbage up to keep the media's attention off the guy who is really do the job he is supposed to be doing while trying to run our country. That's it folks pure plain and simple a cover up for the media to take attention off of obozo the boy blunder.
    Ha, if you think he does that for anything other than PR purposes youre as brainwashed as anyone else. I personally know of many Native people who do not like the name. Does that mean it's all of them? No, but implying that none of them care and its all a political tactic is just ignorant.

GIVEMETHEMONEY
    GIVEMETHEMONEY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4903

Ha, if you think he does that for anything other than PR purposes youre as brainwashed as anyone else. I personally know of many Native people who do not like the name. Does that mean it's all of them? No, but implying that none of them care and its all a political tactic is just ignorant.
    The Redskins should keep their name. Why is it that all of a sudden because of obozo in office that anyone even cares?

Riddle me that DrStale aka Joker for the sake of this pun.

DrStale

The Redskins should keep their name. Why is it that all of a sudden because of obozo in office that anyone even cares?

What does Obama have to do with anything? I dont like Obama but he has nothing to do with this issue. The most he said was "id think about changing it"

Stop being one of those people who blames Obama for everything and open a book.

slacker00

Face it, it's over for the Redskin name. Snyder will fight to the end, but it's just delaying the inevitable.

slacker00

Poor Ditka has finally gone senile, too many hits to the head as a player. He sounds drunk.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Architect Douglas Cardinal has filed a human rights complaint about the use of the Cleveland baseball club's name.

Cardinal is demanding the team name, Cleveland Indians, and its Chief Wahoo logo be banned from use in Ontario.

In an application with Ontario's Superior Court of Justice and in complaints filed with Ontario's human rights tribunal, Cardinal argues the branding is racist and discriminatory, a news release said Friday.

"Mr. Cardinal, who has long fought for the rights of Indigenous Peoples, has simply had enough," the activist's lawyer Michael Swinwood said in the release. "Canadian law clearly prohibits discrimination of this nature."

Cardinal, who is of Blackfoot descent, wants a ban on the use of the branding of the team by Major League Baseball and Rogers Communications, which owns the Rogers Centre and the Toronto Blue Jays, and broadcasts Blue Jays games.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/t...logo-1.3806662

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Two Ontario First Nation chiefs say the Cleveland Indian’s “cartoonish” and offensive logo and team name needs to go.

“I think it’s about time,” said Anishinabek Nation Grand Council Chief Patrick Madahbee. “It’s 2016. Surely people are more enlightened than that.”

Stacey Laforme, chief of the Mississaugas of the New Credit First Nation, echoed Madahbee’s frustration.

“We’re not Indians,” he said.

“That name isn’t accurate to describe us. It was bestowed by some traveller in history who happened to get lost,” he said, referring to early European explorer Christopher Columbus, who, upon landing on North American shores in the 1400s, mistakenly thought he’d landed in India.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/bluej...got-to-go.html

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

"Cowboys" while it did not originate in America it was used as a derogatory term for grown black men (slaves) who tended to cattle

First 1234 Last