imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Likely Playoff Matchups

Likely Playoff Matchups

JETS @ COLTS

BRONCOS @ PATRIOTS

GIANTS @ EAGLES

COWBOYS @ SEAHAWKS

Curious if these matchups hold up or a surprise happens tomorrow to change this around..
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-27-15 at 01:29 PM. Reason: image does not exist

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

With Giants clinching its playoff birth last night, what are your thoughts on the Giants/Eagles matchup. Philadelphia has played the G-Men tough this year. They played in week 2 and the Giants were able to capitalize on a combination of bad coaching and bad playcalling. They scored 17 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to bring it to OT. And then scored a Touchdown in the overtime for the win. They will not let this happen again. Barber was held to 86 yards rushing.

These two teams met in week 15 as well. The eagles won 36-22. Manning basically gave this game away. Philadelphia rush defense held Barber to 88 yards rushing again.

They have been on a roll. McNabb's absence has not hurt them as much as everyone thought it would. Garcia has led this team to the playoffs and can very well keep the ball rolling with a win over the Giants.

Just my two cents. Anyone have any thoughts?

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Playoff Prediction!

If the playoffs hold true how IMGV has them, I have a prediction... Assuming the Colts beat the Jets and the Patriots beat the Broncos, I predict that the Patriots will go to San Diego and beat the Chargers in the divisional round! I have been thinking about this for the last few weeks and I think the Patriots are gaining momentum and Bellichek will have a scheme to be able to slow down LT... Rivers has never played a playoff game and you know he will be nervous. He hasn't been playing worth a shvt the last few games and if the Patriots can slow down LT, I think they will beat the Chargers! You can call me crazy, but I don't really think it is that farfetched! If this matchup occurs I will definitely be on the Pats!

Happy New Year everyone!

Let's Go LSU!
    Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 12-31-06 at 01:32 PM.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    With Giants clinching its playoff birth last night, what are your thoughts on the Giants/Eagles matchup. Philadelphia has played the G-Men tough this year. They played in week 2 and the Giants were able to capitalize on a combination of bad coaching and bad playcalling. They scored 17 unanswered points in the 4th quarter to bring it to OT. And then scored a Touchdown in the overtime for the win. They will not let this happen again. Barber was held to 86 yards rushing.

These two teams met in week 15 as well. The eagles won 36-22. Manning basically gave this game away. Philadelphia rush defense held Barber to 88 yards rushing again.

They have been on a roll. McNabb's absence has not hurt them as much as everyone thought it would. Garcia has led this team to the playoffs and can very well keep the ball rolling with a win over the Giants.

Just my two cents. Anyone have any thoughts?
    Giants didn't technically clinch last night although likely they're in...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giants are now officially in along with the Jets.

imgv94

The playoffs are set..

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Man, I'm gonna be sick if the Niners pull this out against the Broncos. That means the Bengals just needed to make that easy field goal today and they would have been in.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

At least we won't have to suffer through a Denver game.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm salivating over the likely Ravens/Colts matchup. I'll say 37-7.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

I say that the Colts lose to KC, personally. I think KC is pumped about improbably making the playoffs, riding momentum and seriously, how can Indy stop Larry Johnson? I've already put 2 units on KC+7 and plan on playing the KC ML as well. Horrible matchup for the Colts. A team with no run Defense to speak of, draws a team with an all world RB in LJ. If Ron Dayne can torch the Colts for 153 yards and 2 TD's, I shudder at the thought of what LJ will do.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley
    I say that the Colts lose to KC, personally. I think KC is pumped about improbably making the playoffs, riding momentum and seriously, how can Indy stop Larry Johnson? I've already put 2 units on KC+7 and plan on playing the KC ML as well. Horrible matchup for the Colts. A team with no run Defense to speak of, draws a team with an all world RB in LJ. If Ron Dayne can torch the Colts for 153 yards and 2 TD's, I shudder at the thought of what LJ will do.
    No argument here.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley
    The Colts would need a serious rush defense improvement to stop Larry Johnson. I just dont see it happening. I just havent capped this game, but off the surface, KC looks like the play.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    If the playoffs hold true how IMGV has them, I have a prediction... Assuming the Colts beat the Jets and the Patriots beat the Broncos, I predict that the Patriots will go to San Diego and beat the Chargers in the divisional round! I have been thinking about this for the last few weeks and I think the Patriots are gaining momentum and Bellichek will have a scheme to be able to slow down LT... Rivers has never played a playoff game and you know he will be nervous. He hasn't been playing worth a shvt the last few games and if the Patriots can slow down LT, I think they will beat the Chargers! You can call me crazy, but I don't really think it is that farfetched! If this matchup occurs I will definitely be on the Pats!
    Even though the Wild Card round matchups were not what we envisioned, we still got the Divisional round matchups that were expected! I've been saying this for more than a few weeks now... I really believe that the Patriots go to San Diego and win next week... Tomlinson will get his yards and a few scores, but New England will shut down Rivers and he will be rattled... Never been in a playoff game and look how good New England's pass rush was today! The Chargers did not look that good in the last few weeks of the season... Brady and Belichick are WINNERS and will find a way to win next week! I'm not guaranteeing anything, but don't be surprised if it happens!
    Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 01-07-07 at 03:26 PM.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Patriots are on a mission, I can't believe their -4.5 dogs here, I'm taking them on the ML here.

imgv94

LOVE the Chargers in this game.. People just don't realize how good the Chargers really are...

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by Redchevy
    Patriots are on a mission, I can't believe their -4.5 dogs here, I'm taking them on the ML here.
    I'm on the Pats ML myself, Red... I will go with the experience of Brady and Belichick anyday of the week! Don't get me wrong, the Chargers are a great football team, but I think Rivers loses this game for them... I just really have a feeling... This is the time when the Patriots shine... I don't know that they will get to the Super Bowl, but I think they win this Sunday... We shall see!

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

SD could possibly win but covering is a different story
    I will go with both dogs in INDY and NE

Peyton2MarvinN06

I realize that the Chargers are a great team and they proved that by having a 14-2 record this season... However, I believe they have been on the decline as of late... They barely won @ seattle in week 16, which is understandable, but they only beat the Cardinals 27-20 in Week 17... The Cardinals were playing w/out Leinart and the Chargers still had the #1 seed to play for... The Chargers let Kurt Warner throw for 356 yards on them... Brady and Belichick are gonna spread them out with 4 and 5 WR's and have a hay day... I don't really care how inexperienced the Pats WR's are... Gaffney looked solid last week, Caldwell has been solid all year, and of course you've got the wily vet in Troy Brown... The Patriots were very effective last week getting up to the line quick and using the draw... In fact, I believe at one point in the 3rd quarter they ran 4 straight draw plays with Kevin Faulk and he gained 30+ yards... The Patriots may not have the impact players that they have had in the past, but they get the job done... I believe this game is close either way you look at it... The Chargers are a great team, but I'm willing to ride with the experience of Brady and Belichick in this one... If Rivers has a great game or couple of games and takes them to the super bowl then great, good for him, but until he proves that he's a bigtime quarterback that makes the chargers one dimensional and Belichick can sure find a way to exploit that! I just see way too much value in the Pats ML to shy away from it...

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like this weekends' dogs as I think there will be 2 upsets. I find it hard to bet against Brady/Belichick. Going to take them with the points and a stab at the ML. BOL!

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    I like this weekends' dogs as I think there will be 2 upsets. I find it hard to bet against Brady/Belichick. Going to take them with the points and a stab at the ML. BOL!
    Hey bud, I really couldn't agree with you more... I realize how good of a team that the Chargers are... However, the Patriots have looked good in their last few games... Spreading the field and letting Brady sling it like he does best... I also agree that 2 road teams win this weekend and I really feel that those two road winners come from the AFC... I have just had a feeling for the last few weeks that the Pats and Colts will meet in the title game... Once again, any of you can call me crazy as I know this is a bold call, but I just have a hunch on this!

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!
    Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 01-11-07 at 07:26 PM.

imgv94

Just hope your reason for betting the Pats aren't just Brady and Belichick

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10515

Layed it out on diego monday@4.5.Truely thought this line was heading north which it did on wednesday,now its back.Interested in seeing the late money swing on this game.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    Just hope your reason for betting the Pats aren't just Brady and Belichick
    Hey bud, na they are not my reasoning for betting the pats... Its that seymour, wilfork, vrabel, and BREWschi should have a significant impact on shutting down the running game of Diego... If the Pats can force Rivers to try to beat them then that is where the advantage comes in, IMO... I believe Brady will be gun-slinging all game long on Sunday with 4 and 5 wides... Should be a great game!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brady's going to be hit by a freight train. The San Diego Sumo Thugs, led by 'Lights Out' Merriman, will be all over him.

And the SD offense is so outrageously versatile, let the Pats focus on LT. It won't matter. They may stop him for a while, but late in the game the field belongs to him. He's been running straight through tired defenses all season long. Pats don't bring anything special here. We already know that from last season's blowout Chargers win at Foxboro.

One slight concern for Chargers is River's foot. As long as he's mobile he'll be sharp. He's got a true winner's mentality. Much more intense than Brees. This kid doesn't just want to win bad. He insists on it. Great passer as well. Who cares he's never been here before? Neither had Brady when he first arrived on the scene.

Brady can talk all he wants about how this time of the season is what it is all about, but when it comes to HUNGER the Chargers got the Pats beat by a mile. Hunger has defined their entire season. To the point where it almost looked scary at times, like crazed wild animals tearing up their prey.

It's almost feeding time. It's almost... Time to feast!

(Tom, had your rabies shot?)
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 01-13-07 at 03:15 AM.

Redchevy
    Redchevy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5697

Last seasons BLOWOUT doesn't mean sh*t here. The defense the Pats had to field that game was NOTHING like what SD is going to run into Sunday. It's all about here and now, not what happened 15 months ago! Whatever your going to lay on SD, be prepared to lose it, because the Pats win this game outright. Brady will NOT lose this game but Rivers will.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

I realize that the Chargers are a great team and they proved that by having a 14-2 record this season... However, I believe they have been on the decline as of late... They barely won @ seattle in week 16, which is understandable, but they only beat the Cardinals 27-20 in Week 17... The Cardinals were playing w/out Leinart and the Chargers still had the #1 seed to play for... The Chargers let Kurt Warner throw for 356 yards on them... Brady and Belichick are gonna spread them out with 4 and 5 WR's and have a hay day... I don't really care how inexperienced the Pats WR's are... Gaffney looked solid last week, Caldwell has been solid all year, and of course you've got the wily vet in Troy Brown... The Patriots were very effective last week getting up to the line quick and using the draw... In fact, I believe at one point in the 3rd quarter they ran 4 straight draw plays with Kevin Faulk and he gained 30+ yards... The Patriots may not have the impact players that they have had in the past, but they get the job done... I believe this game is close either way you look at it... The Chargers are a great team, but I'm willing to ride with the experience of Brady and Belichick in this one... If Rivers has a great game or couple of games and takes them to the super bowl then great, good for him, but until he proves that he's a bigtime quarterback that makes the chargers one dimensional and Belichick can sure find a way to exploit that! I just see way too much value in the Pats ML to shy away from it...
    watch out Chargers are finally healthy and Rivers finally will have McCardell, Parker, and Gates all to throw to. Not to mention Castillo back on the line. Their is no way the Patriots line will contain Castillo, Merriman, and the underated LB in football Shaun Phillips. Anotherwards LIGHTS OUT for Brady.

Peyton2MarvinN06

I also agree that 2 road teams win this weekend and I really feel that those two road winners come from the AFC... I have just had a feeling for the last few weeks that the Pats and Colts will meet in the title game... Once again, any of you can call me crazy as I know this is a bold call, but I just have a hunch on this!
    Da Nuh Nuh Da Nuh Nuh- Patriots vs. Colts- AFC Championship- January 21st 6:30 p.m. Indianapolis, Indiana- RCA Dome! Anyone have the balls to make a 5 unit wager-Colts ML parlayed with Patriots ML? This guy did! Let's Go Pats!!!

To all of you that kept on doubting the Colts defense this week and said that last week was a fluke-

Another hunch I have for everyone to ponder- Colts vs. Saints SuperBowl 41!

Peyton2MarvinN06

Da Nuh Nuh Da Nuh Nuh- Patriots vs. Colts- AFC Championship- January 21st 6:30 p.m. Indianapolis, Indiana- RCA Dome! Anyone have the balls to make a 5 unit wager-Colts ML parlayed with Patriots ML? This guy did! Let's Go Pats!!!

To all of you that kept on doubting the Colts defense this week and said that last week was a fluke-

Another hunch I have for everyone to ponder- Colts vs. Saints SuperBowl 41!
    Guys I'm sorry, but I have to give myself some kudos on this one... I've been calling this AFC matchup since the likely playoff matchups came out! I don't consider myself to be a sharp by any means, but for some reason I had a feeling on this! My $500 ML parlay(Colts ML/Pats ML) paid $3,342.50 today! UNFVCKING REAL! One of the largest bets that I have ever won! I want to just say that I appreciate everyone on this forum and all of your help! It feels pretty good though to actually be able to take credit for a huge one on my own! It's a rarity to say the least! I really hope the Indianapolis Colts make it to the Super Bowl this year... I will be loud and proud next Sunday and cheering my heart out for them! I hope that we have a lot of people on the Colts for next Sunday! Thanks again everyone and Let's Go Horse!
    Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 01-14-07 at 09:40 PM.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

BRAVO P2M

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside
    BRAVO P2M
    Thanks man, I appreciate all of your thoughts and insight! You really know your stuff brotha! Keep up the good work!