t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Why do people care about the NFL draft?

This thing is the most overrated, overblown event in all of sports. So sick and tired of hearing about all the stupid mock drafts, teams' needs, who is moving up and down some little twerp's big board, etc.

Seriously I don't get the obsession with this thing. People need to get a hobby.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: samgurt, and BuddyBear

stevex
    stevex's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11338

100% agree with you. NEVER have watched a draft in my life and don't see the appeal to it at all.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Agreed, I will avoid watching espn for the next few days. Draft converge is basically a bunch of blow hards going back and forth for longer than normal.

actiondan
    actiondan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16732

Its Mel Kiper Jrs outstanding insight

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

I've said for years its the most over rated sporting event outside of the Super Bowl. Months and months worth of hype, all for players who may or may not make an impact, and those who do, probably won't make an impact right away. 95% of the draft is just sitting around waiting for the next pick.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I enjoy it, most don't like it cuz they don't follow college sports have no clue who these kids are. Or have any clue about football to begin w/...

If you know you're shit, you'll most likely enjoy it.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    I enjoy it, most don't like it cuz they don't follow college sports have no clue who these kids are. Or have any clue about football to begin w/...

If you know you're shit, you'll most likely enjoy it.
    My old team mates have gotten drafted over the past few years and will this draft, and even then I didn't and don't give a damn. I remember how Cowboys fans shit all over themselves in 2010 when they drafted Dez Bryant thinking he was their messiah and would deliver them from the dark ages and into Super Bowl glory. He has been a bust IMO. Same with how Jets fans ejaculated over themselves when they drafted Sanchez.

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

I enjoy it gives you an early insight into the following years team needs

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

I also like how front offices actually listen to the hacks Kiper and McShay. Like in 2011 when Kiper/McShay consistently shit all over Andy Dalton and said he was no good, while praising the likes of Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker and Chris Ponder. Dalton has had far better numbers than all 3 of those despite getting drafted behind them. Or the Dolphins wasting their pick last year on Ryan Tannehill who was garbage.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Hear some great stories, learn some things, nothing better to watch right now.

Who is going to be the last guy waiting who was invited to the draft, EJ Manuel has to have a shot.

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

I like the first round of the NBA draft. Never watch the NFL draft usually.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    I also like how front offices actually listen to the hacks Kiper and McShay. Like in 2011 when Kiper/McShay consistently shit all over Andy Dalton and said he was no good, while praising the likes of Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker and Chris Ponder. Dalton has had far better numbers than all 3 of those despite getting drafted behind them. Or the Dolphins wasting their pick last year on Ryan Tannehill who was garbage.
    Dalton sucks Dick, he has by far the best team around him. When its all said and done 1 or 2 of those guys will be better than Dalton, who reached his ceiling already.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Dalton sucks Dick, he has by far the best team around him. When its all said and done 1 or 2 of those guys will be better than Dalton, who reached his ceiling already.
    Chris Ponder has the best running back in the league to keep defenses honest against the run and he is still miserable. What running game does Dalton have?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Ponder and Gabbert are bums, Locker still has a shot to be decent... I like Dalton, not a star or anything but he has quite a few wins...

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

My old team mates have gotten drafted over the past few years and will this draft, and even then I didn't and don't give a damn. I remember how Cowboys fans shit all over themselves in 2010 when they drafted Dez Bryant thinking he was their messiah and would deliver them from the dark ages and into Super Bowl glory. He has been a bust IMO. Same with how Jets fans ejaculated over themselves when they drafted Sanchez.
    Yeah, Dez is a total bust...........

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Chris Ponder has the best running back in the league to keep defenses honest against the run and he is still miserable. What running game does Dalton have?
    Dalton has AJ Green.

Helps Dalton look better then he is?

People have draft parties, and I just don't understand it. I don't fall all over myself to watch the draft live. I will probably stop on it while channel surfing, but won't stay on it. Catch up online sometime from now to the start of the season.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

All drafts are a waste of time watching. Nfl likes to hype up everything especially when there is such a large amount of time in the offseason. They can only hype up the 1986 afc title game on nfl network so much.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Better than the Super Bowl game

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

has the most talent out of all the drafts and theirs always guys that make an impact first year. Also alot of people watch college football so their familiar with the players.

NBA draft barely any talent after first 10 picks

MLB players play for years in minor leagues before playing in big leagues

NHL not many people follow college hockey or european leagues

t-wizzle

Everyone is an expert when it comes to this thing. I think it's funny when teams reach for players to fill a "need." Yea let's pass up on a better player to take someone at a position we "need."

t-wizzle

How big of a loser do you have to be to actually go to this thing? Lmao look at all these drunk bums in their football jerseys.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Better than the Super Bowl game

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

i like watching the first round. i flip through the channels, but I want to see who my team drafts. I much rather watch the draft than watch the Heat vs. Bucks or Bulls vs. Nets.

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30318

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    How big of a loser do you have to be to actually go to this thing? Lmao look at all these drunk bums in their football jerseys.
    Probably on par as liking a team as terrible as the 76ers to the point where you make it your avatar.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Yeah, Bryant's been a complete bust.

Bryant's 2012 season: 92 catches, 1382 yards (15 ypc), and 12 tds.

Some bust. Fukin screwball.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Some people may think 12K posts on an internet bulletin board qualifies for loser consideration as well, ya know?

Me thinks it best to let others alone. They go to the draft, we post our ridiculous thoughts to people who don't give a shit.

Is there really that much of a difference?

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

I think if you have a team you really root for then the draft makes for good TV because you are always hoping to get certain players and hate it when you get others. I agree ESPN overdoes it with Mel Kiper and their stupid analysis but it is pretty intriguing to watch and as a fan can really get you pumped up (or even more depressed) for the coming season

irish1
    Update your status
    irish1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5081

Watching it is a hugh waste of time when you can go on espn's website the next day and see the entire 1ST round with the click of a mouse.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

Quote Originally Posted by RubberKettle View Post
    Agreed, I will avoid watching espn for the next few days. Draft converge is basically a bunch of blow hards going back and forth for longer than normal.
    nfl network is where its at...draft is entertaining because it gets people talking about football during the most boring stretch of the betting year...i could care less about nba and bases is a grind which is nice if your into that, but you cant beat a weekend of ncaaf and nfl...seems so far away

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

i know right.

i mean some years i watch it.

but this year i dont even give a fukk.

this is worst draft class i can ever remember.

bunch of fukkin scrubs, nobody to get excited about.

Tampa, Washington, and Seattle were the biggest winners giving up their 1st round picks for proven superstars

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

I watch rounds 1 - 3 usually. I find it interesting to see what trades are made, who my team ends up taking, etc. Also good to brush up on some of the new names who are soon to grace NFL fields - I enjoy it.
    Also get to hear angry New Yorkers jeer others for not standing up when the vets took the stage... "Stand up you asshole!"