taxman
    taxman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

NFL week 2 picks

You need a little Pepto or ice running thru your veins to take my picks!

Det +10 - Most sportbooks have Minn getting 90% of all parlay and teaser bets.Granted they looked good last week but I sell high and buy low here.Det is getting double digits in there home opener here in a divisional matchup and Minn is playing there second straight road game.Grab the points here.

Phil +1-With all the talk of Brees and the NO offensive machine I believe you have NO overachiever and Phil. in there home opener as under achievers.Phil has a proven top rate D where NO D hasn't been tested yet.Whether McNabb plays or not a fired up home crowd in Philly and blitz schemes coming every which way at Brees can make for a long day and turnovers.Like Philly not getting enuff respect as a home dog here.

Rams +10 -Rams offense looked bad in week 1 and Wash O didn't fare much better vs NYG.Washington is a low scoring team who doesn't put up many points.I will grab the double digits and take the Rams here.Rams D played Seattle hard in the first half getting two turnovers and blocking a FG and returning it for a TD that was called back.Can't lay double digits with a low scoring team, take Rams here + the points

Miami +3-I love home dogs on Monday night football.Miami hasn't been on since 2006 because they were a bad team.Sparano got on his team for there effort at Atlanta and now get prime time to show that last year's turnaround was real.Indy is hurting at WR with Gonzalez out will have to lean more on Wayne and Dallas Clark the TE.Like the Fish at home and will buy the hook and take +3 1/2 here.

Good luck to everyone this Sunday!

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

Dolphins are mammals, not fish...

I do love Miami here. Defensively they were very good against Atlanta. Would have been a much closer game without the 3 fumbles last week. I don't think Indy is nearly as good as Atlanta either. I'm hammering Miami this week.

I like the Rams pick as well. Didn't STL visit WAS last season, and play well? Plus Spagnulo knows the Redksins inside-out.

I don't like Phi though. The QB situation stinks. Even if McNabb is in, he won't be his usual self. If he isn't in, I don't Philly can put up enough points to keep up with NO. The Philadelphia defense is good, but not as good as last year IMO.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

i like rams and lions plays

gobluevegas
    gobluevegas's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the points in both the St. Louis and Detroit games +10.
    Go Blue!!!

jerseykingpin
    jerseykingpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

LT going to cover by himself you think the kittens are going to stop him that opens up the field for the old man take the over just with LT
    Last edited by jerseykingpin; 09-18-09 at 02:52 PM.

taxman

Philly knows they got there backs to the wall facing an explosive O the Saints have but on the road here I see Philly stepping up on D and keeping the game close so that Kolb won't have to throw the ball to win.A heavy dose of Westbrook here and a hell of a game.

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Quote Originally Posted by big0mar View Post
    Dolphins are mammals, not fish...

I do love Miami here. Defensively they were very good against Atlanta. Would have been a much closer game without the 3 fumbles last week. I don't think Indy is nearly as good as Atlanta either. I'm hammering Miami this week.

I like the Rams pick as well. Didn't STL visit WAS last season, and play well? Plus Spagnulo knows the Redksins inside-out.

I don't like Phi though. The QB situation stinks. Even if McNabb is in, he won't be his usual self. If he isn't in, I don't Philly can put up enough points to keep up with NO. The Philadelphia defense is good, but not as good as last year IMO.
    STL did indeed win at Washington last year. However, it is worth bearing in mind that that was off their bye week - this time they are travelling to Washington having just got back from Seattle. Not the same deal. I still have buyer's remorse on my small bet on the 'Skins for this Sunday though!

Sharkl11
    Sharkl11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rams are unpredictable at the moment. They may keep it close, or let the game get away easily. Saints game is gonna be a back and forth fest that may come down to last minute to decide a winner. Also I won't be betting big Monday night. It's always dangerous to bet against The Colts. These are 3 hard games you picked that doesn't really give u an edge to pick a side.

taxman

You don't think WASH is unpredictable? They have sent there backers to the poor house as favs.

DET will play there heart out at home here and keep this closer than everyone thinks.

INDY looked a bit sluggish last week and MIAMI off 3 turnovers played ATLA close and now come home for MNF as a home dog...the dogs on Monday nite have alot of bie...

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

I'm taking Det. but I don't like the pick.

woody78
    woody78's Avatar Become A Pro!

With ya on Miami and probably Detroit. Got a felling the 'Skins open it up on STL and win by a few TD's. Plus I can't see STL scoring much on a better than average 'Skins D. Good luck on all your picks though.

taxman

Thanks Woody...just like tasking the teams nobody wants.Everyone bases there picks off the prior weeks performances.Teams get up to play one week and throw in a lackluster performance another.

That's why I like the dogs Det and Miami here...Det getting creamed and Miami lucky not to post a goose egg last week.

Watch the Bengals who eveyone was touting as a much improved team, go into Lambau and give GB a hell of a game while getting 9 points...ohh the NFL so unpredictable indeed huh?