nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

NYG v. WASH

Very leery of the Giants here even though outside playoff shot a possibility. thoughts?

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    Very leery of the Giants here even though outside playoff shot a possibility. thoughts?
    nosuzieno, the books want you to take NYG because the public is on WAS; at least that's how they want you to think. The books are really setting it up so you'll take WAS beacause you think they want you to take NYG. So, WAS is the pick except that we know better than to take the team opposite than what the books are begging us to take. So NYG becomes the play because the books want you to take WAS because they know you'll want NYG but you'll be thinking then the play is WAS. So take WAS all the way because NYG is the sucker play and that's exactly what they want you thinking so I'm taking the NYG; No, wait, WAS sorry . . . or was it NYG? LOL.

In all seriousness, my lean is WAS, but I'll be staying away from this one tonight, GL if you play it . . .
    Last edited by Checkerboard; 12-30-06 at 10:34 AM.

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Checker...that was funny as hell. Thats weird. That is exactly what goes through my head before I may make a pick, especially in these damn bowlgames. I needed a laugh, so thanks alot. Good stuff

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Quote Originally Posted by prickbeater101
    Checker...that was funny as hell. Thats weird. That is exactly what goes through my head before I may make a pick, especially in these damn bowlgames. I needed a laugh, so thanks alot. Good stuff
    Glad you got a laugh out of it PB, but a few minutes after I posted my WAS lean, imgv posted Jarhead's Hilton picks of which WAS is one, so, what the heck, I'm going to put a unit on WAS, just waiting to see if it climbs through to +3 . . .
    My girlfriend's a huge 'skins fan and it'd be just like them to pull off a win meaninglessly in the last week, just to tease their fans with hope for next year!

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard
    Glad you got a laugh out of it PB, but a few minutes after I posted my WAS lean, imgv posted Jarhead's Hilton picks of which WAS is one, so, what the heck, I'm going to put a unit on WAS, just waiting to see if it climbs through to +3 . . .
    My girlfriend's a huge 'skins fan and it'd be just like them to pull off a win meaninglessly in the last week, just to tease their fans with hope for next year!
    As a bears fan married to a packer's backer (had to be true love!) I can relate. Will make tomorrow eve interesting.

Watching espn this morning, I'm not even sure NYG wants to make playoffs as strange as that may seem. I know Shockey's out but that could be a blessing to Giants backers. Wonder if Tikki shows up big or just tries to retire w/o injury...I was going to revive the "why isn't anyone saying Giants best team in nfc?" thread from months past but you beat me to the humor punch. GL~

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would have to take the high in this game myself.