Geno Smith. Projected round 1.
I am not sold on him at all. He had inflated stats early in the year running a fast paced scheme with a talented WR against crappy defenses. He had a horrible 2nd half of the year. He has a strong arm. He can move around but he's not a runner. People keep talking about how "smart" he is. I just don't see it. He sat down with Gruden in film study. Yeah he wouldn't just walk up to the line and run the coaches play but he only executed a notch above that... he had a run play and a pass play and he could audible from one to the other... so what??? On his passing plays he could audible to a quick screen to his WR's... so what? That is NOT very complicated stuff. The media is trying to turn this guy into an other RGIII. Look at this (black) quarterback with skills who is smart! The guy did well in Algebra 1 but he will be taking Multi variable Calculus in the NFL. Plus I can't ignore that 2nd half of the year. I think people like Geno Smith because they WANT to like him. Every year the draft pundits just have to peg somebody as a 1st round QB. Well maybe some years there just aren't any 1st round grade QBs! Barkley was the All American going into the year and now what?

I don't know who to compare Geno Smith to. Maybe a little big quicker Jason Campbell? Aaron Brooks? Is that worth a franchise grade? I don't think so. Will he be as good as Matt Ryan? I'd bet against it. Is he going to be as good as Cam Newton, Luck, RGIII? I'd bet against it.

Matt Barkley. Projected round 1-2

He did well in college with the talent around him but he fell off last year when the team around him fell off. People dog his "size". He's the same size as Geno Smith and nobody is dogging his size. I do think Barkley is the smartest QB in this class but I don't like his attitude. I want a serious QB with a serious attitude. A guy with a chip on his shoulder. I hate to say it but the guy Barkley reminds me of is Tony Romo. Always a smile, always laughing, always joking. They are both smart guys but take it way too easy. If he did become a Romo would he be worthy of a 1st round pick? YES, a 21 year old Romo is worthy of a 1st round pick. Is he worthy of pick #1-5? I'd say no. Also how come people look at Barkley having a "down" Senior year but ignore that Geno Smith had a horrible 2nd half to his senior year? He couldn't do anything right. This QB class is weak overall.

EJ Manuel - I've seen him mocked in round 2
He sucks. He really really sucks. Any team that wastes a 2nd round pick on him deserves to have their GM fired. He is raw as hell and will be a project that will most likely never materialize. I can't believe a team would use a 2nd round pick on him. I don't know who I'd compare him to. A cross between Tavaris Jackson and Joe Webb? A smaller/slower Vince Young? Whoever you want to compare him to he's not worth a 2nd round pick.

Mike Glennon - I've seen him mocked in round 2.
Copy and paste my Manuel comment again. Of course teams like his arm and size and want to compare him to Flacco but Mike Glennon is a waste of a pick. I can't believe a team would use a 2nd round pick on him.

Ryan Nassib - I've seen him mocked in round 1
I didn't see him play much in college. I know little about him.

Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Laundry Jones.
You are most likely looking at backup QBs. With the weakness of this class it wouldn't shock me if a guy like Laundry Jones became the best QB of this class. People liked Tyler Wilsons arm going into the year but he had a bad year. I read that Tyler Wilson had the highest football IQ of any of the QB's in this class with Matt Barkley coming in #2. I like smarts in a QB. Maybe Tyler Wilson can be a guy like Matt Schaub (with a stronger arm), a guy with a higher rating who fell his senior year only to improve in the pros?

Overall a weak QB class with no elite level prospects. I think Geno Smith is way over hyped here. If there was an Andrew Luck in this year's class I think Smith would fall big time but all these teams need QBs and somebody is going to gamble on him. I can't ever see Geno Smith being an elite QB and I really don't see him being a really really good QB. I see the good Matt Barkley being Tony Romo and the bad Matt Barkley being Mark Sanchez.