goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

seattle +3.5?????????????????????!!!!!!!!

hmmmmmmmm

it's the wacky last week of the year and the seabags are in no matter what but does holgrem really wanna rest his players and risk losing 4 straight at the end of the year?

i say play all the starters and try to get some confidence and momentum

it's not like they are a favorite to rep the NFC so I would defintely risk injury to try to get things going

tampa is playing better with rattay but still they are weak

i have not put much faith in seattle all year but this looks unusual to me

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Goldengoat,

In your favor here is the fact that Holmgren plans to play his regulars as if he needed this game to clinch a playoff spot.

Here is an excerpt from CBS Sportsline:

TAMPA, Fla. -- Matt Hasselbeck rejects the notion the Seattle Seahawks need to win their season finale against Tampa Bay to give themselves a much-needed lift going into the playoffs.

"For me, that whole momentum talk -- I don't know if I quite understand it exactly because if we win or if we lose, we've got to get ready to go the next week. It doesn't really matter what happened the week before," the quarterback said.

That's true.

But when a team has lost three straight, there is a sense of urgency to clean up mistakes and bolster confidence heading into the postseason. And, that's what coach Mike Holmgren is hoping the Seahawks (8-7) can do Sunday against the Buccaneers (4-11).

"I'm looking to play a good football game," Holmgren said, adding he intends to use his regulars the same the way he would if Seattle needed a victory to clinch a playoff berth or improve its seeding.

"I've never been smart enough to figure out how to play that last game and what the ramifications it would have for playoffs and things like that," Holmgren said. "Last year, we rested a bunch of people because we had home-field advantage throughout the playoffs, we had all those things locked up, and we had won 11 games in a row. This year is not that situation."

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm playing the Seahawks on the MoneyLine in this game! +165 I believe there is a lot of value in this play... If Holmgren holds true to his word and wants momentum for the playoffs I think the Seahawks roll with Alexander in this one! Anyone else liking the OceanBirds on the MoneyLine in this game???

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    I'm playing the Seahawks on the MoneyLine in this game! +165 I believe there is a lot of value in this play... If Holmgren holds true to his word and wants momentum for the playoffs I think the Seahawks roll with Alexander in this one! Anyone else liking the OceanBirds on the MoneyLine in this game???

Only one I think is worth dabbling in for sure.....& on the ML or +3.....it's all good.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I have Seattle +2 (1st half) and loving it.. Would like some feedback on this one??

Tampa Bay is hooorible..

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I've guessed right on Seattle all season (except the Chicago game) and lean towards them here. They have to get some momentum back heading into next week.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

OceanBirds finally showed up to play today! It's lookin good! IMGV, that first half bet on the Seahawks was TOO EASY! I'm glad I went with you on that one! Glad I picked up the Seattle ML as well in this one! Should start the day off nicely!

Best of Luck to everyone!

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

TB is a horrific team and easily could of been 2-14 themselves..

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

Nice, easy win on this one, although Alstott's fumble at the 7-yard-line with Tampa about to go up 14-10 in the second quarter was huge. Seattle could do anything they wanted on offense, and has to be drooling thinking about that awful Dallas defense they'll play next week.