kroyrunner89
    kroyrunner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2663

Kroyrunner's Week 2 NFL Thread (6-0 ATS YTD)

Just starting to look over this week's lines and it's looking like a tough week. Not nearly as many soft lines as we saw in Week 1, but I still think there's some value to be found out there. I'm going to likely take until Saturday to nail down my plays again, but until then thoughts and comments are welcome as always! Let's put a solid Week 2 in the books as well!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

WASH-10 rams are not good, havnt been good, and even if they start to show any improvement this year DO NOT SEE THEM SCORING more than 10 in this gm. i think wash will move ball and put up 3tds or at least 2 and bunch of fgs. Also like und 43 gb/cin gm, und jax/arz as well. I seem to do way better with numbers than sides early in the year. What do you think?

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Redskins are a Jekyll and Hyde team though. Just when you think they're a ****, they f*ck you over.

threeg5
    All In A Days Work
    threeg5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 321

tennessee -7.5 +120
    minnesota -11 +110

2daBank

Early in year im much better at ov/und than sides bro. until week 4 my sides get going with the numbers. but 1 side team i always trust is da rams to give up da cover. i think was shows up in this 1

2daBank

Roag you on ten also? sounds like fade hou is what you thinking.

threeg5
    All In A Days Work
    threeg5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 321

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    WASH-10 rams are not good, havnt been good, and even if they start to show any improvement this year DO NOT SEE THEM SCORING more than 10 in this gm. i think wash will move ball and put up 3tds or at least 2 and bunch of fgs. Also like und 43 gb/cin gm, und jax/arz as well. I seem to do way better with numbers than sides early in the year. What do you think?
    bank i agree washington easily covers this i like the under in the jax/arz game I think jax will get better as they "find themselves" thats whats scary they arent even to potential and i think they look pretty good but thats a biased point (thems my boyz) i however think you might be right about gb/cin und cause they both fgo in swining for the fences and just have a game of 3 and outs all day punts and returns or they come out and the defenses don's show up and it turns out big.

2daBank

gb/cin und 43! cincy off will get better but they couldnt do shit against den going 2 lambo against a whats looked to me like a very good d. D CAPERS KNOWS HIS SHIT! cin d is good enough and gonna have to run on offence to protect palmer benson grind some yards and clock. really dont see 6tds in this game

2daBank

jax/arz i you couldnt make me bet a team in this gm! but it be hard 2 convince me arz gimp looking offence comes to jax and lights it up. arz d is good enough to make mjd work for his yards which is just what i want run clock run. UND JAX/ARZ 43.5 and dropping

kroyrunner89

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    My problem with Washington is that they're so inconsistent on offense, Roag is right they really are a Jekyll and Hyde team. 10 is an awful lot of points IMO, but it probably will just be a game I stay away from. If you feel the need to bet it though, based off of what we've seen so far Washington would be the play. With exception to the Saints game last week, I normally stay away from large spreads though.

No opinion on those totals really, I feel like the Jacksonville/Arizona game could go either way. I'm definitely going nowhere near that one. The GB/CIN under seems like a decent play, but we don't know how much of Cinci's good defensive performance last week was due to a poor Bronco's offense. I also think they can put up a decent number of points against GB, Palmer handled the blitz well and his receivers just dropped a lot of balls. GB/CIN under is my favorite out of the two, but I can't say I'm thrilled about it.

Dana4U
    Dana4U's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you think about the Minnesota 1H bet? It takes the Lions usually 3Qs to figure out they have an issue.

kroyrunner89

Quote Originally Posted by Dana4U View Post
    What do you think about the Minnesota 1H bet? It takes the Lions usually 3Qs to figure out they have an issue.
    I typically don't bet first halves so I don't think I can be much help here. There were definitely games last year I remember where the Lions were home and came out strong, I believe one was against the Vikings. Minnesota also started very slow against Cleveland last week. I probably wouldn't bet this at all if I were you, but once again this isn't my area of expertise.

kroyrunner89

So at the moment I'm sitting on two plays, looking to add one or two more but I'm not going to force anything. I'll give myself a little more time to come to some decisions on them, and then I'll be sending out/posting plays! They'll be up Saturday night at the latest.

kroyrunner89

Week 1 sure treated us well, with my posted plays going a stunning 6-0 ATS. It's safe to say I had the right read on all of those games, with the sole exception maybe being the lucky cover by the Packers. I thought they could win a little more comfortably than that, but in the end a win is a win. The lucky breaks will even out along the way, I'm sure my followers from last year can remember a couple brutal beats we took (Losing an over because of a botched extra point is still the most painful).

As much as I'd like to dwell on my Week 1 performance though, it's time to move on to Week 2 and get the job done again. This week is a much tougher set of lines, yet I've managed to come up with a few plays that I feel pretty good about. I actually think Vegas doesn't mind the weak lines in Week 1, because they know that the public will go heavier the next week when things get crazier. Less than 10% of sports bettors can manage to turn a profit in the long run, and there's a reason for that. The public did great in Week 1, and a lot of people will find that they aren't that lucky this week. So, as usual, I recommend good money management with your bets, my 6-0 Week 1 does not indicate that I'll have a winning Week 2 as well. Remember that right now these games are just my humble opinion and I do not yet have my system running to help me out, so there is no guarantee I can perform well again this week. Every week I can only guarantee that I'll do everything in my power to pick some winners, with that being said here's what I've got this week:

• Philadelphia Eagles PK

The first play I'm liking this week is Eagles PK. The general public perception right now is that no Mcnabb = No win for the Eagles, plus that Drew Brees has entered beast mode and will throw big points on the board as usual. With no Mcnabb, how could the Eagles possibly keep up? Well, there are a few skeletons in the Saints' closet that I'm not willing to ignore, making Philly the clear pick for me. For one, the Saints were just a 2-6 road team last year. Their two wins? Against the 2-14 Chiefs and the 0-16 Lions. A big reason for this was a fall in Brees' numbers when he played on the road. Although his yardage was fairly similar to when he played at home, he threw 11 tds to 10 ints (8 tds to 9 ints ignoring the KC and DET games). Compared to his 23 tds to 5 ints at home, not so great.

One game I remember getting burned on last year was betting on the Saints in Week 2. They had just stomped a solid Tampa Bay defense at home, and went on the road to play the Redskins who had struggled mightily on offense in Week 1. The Saints were only 3 point favorites, and everyone and their mother seemed to love them to cover and win handily. After 4 quarters of football, the Saints found themselves losers 29-25. After an average to below average defensive performance against Detroit (I'm not holding the returned fumble for a td against them), I've seen nothing to indicate that this defensive unit is greatly improved. Kolb has been in this league for a while and should be ready to play, not to mention the outside chance Mcnabb plays still.

Maybe the Saints have really turned over a new leaf this year, but until I see something to prove it I have to go against them in this spot. The Eagles are one of the favorites in the NFC with or without Mcnabb, and you can bet that their defense will do it's job and apply the pressure to Brees, forcing some mistakes. It'll probably be a close one, but in the end I see the Eagles coming out on top.

• Baltimore +3

I know it's early in the season and I haven't seen a ton out of the Ravens yet, but I'm pretty certain that this team is the real deal. They were quite impressive in the preseason, and although he only played the Chiefs, Flacco seems to have taken a step forward from where he was last year. The Ravens were a quality team on the road last year, making a nice playoff run beating the Dolphins and Titans on the road, so you know they do not get phased by opposing crowds. I'm also not a believer in this Chargers team, it seems like they get hyped up every year only to finish with a mediocre season. I found myself constantly amazed Monday night at how dominant Oakland seemed over them, they really stole a win in that one.

Although any team can have a bad week at any time, I don't have any reason to believe that last week was just a bad week for San Diego. They are a team with a history of underachieving, and they find themselves without several key starters this coming Sunday. I expect an improvement in the Raven's defense as they come out looking to prove that they're a force to be reckoned with in the AFC, and I really can't see the Chargers having that special of a game. Although the public's money is on the Ravens, I don't mind that and I think this is a great spot to bet them. All in all, I don't see how the Chargers offense will be able to keep the chains moving, or how their defense will be able to slow down the Ravens' attack. So, Ravens +3 should come through, with a good chance that they take this one outright.

• Atlanta Falcons -6

This line almost seems suspicious, yet I cannot ignore the value. We all remember the 12-4 Panthers of last year, a powerful team among the NFC favorites that wound up flopping. Maybe that's why this line is so low, because people expect that these are the Panthers that show up on Sunday. Well, even if the Panthers come ready to play at the level they did last year, I expect it still won't be enough for them to cover this spread.

The 2008 Panthers struggled to win on the road, posting a 4-4 mark. Of those 4 wins, not a single team was over .500! When they were on the road they scored a td less per game, while allowing an additional 5 ppg to be scored on them. But this only tells part of the story. If you remove those cupcake teams they played against, their story becomes much more dismal. You're now looking at an 0-4 mark on the road, with an average loss of about 14 ppg. One of these losses came to this very Falcons team, when the Falcons beat up on them 45-28.

So, even if the Panthers can get their 2008 swagger back, it seems like they still don't have a ton to look forward to. I also reviewed Atlanta's stellar home numbers in last week's write up, further enforcing the strength of this pick. Last week Atlanta proved their run last year was no fluke, taking it to a quality Miami defense and forcing their offense into several uncharacteristic turnovers. This is especially impressive given how well Miami took care of the ball all of last year. With a turnover prone Delhomme coming to Atlanta, I'd expect the Falcons to capitalize on a few more opportunities for a takeaway. Against a Panthers' defense that isn't as good as the defense the Falcons faced last week, I expect Atlanta to score without much difficulty as well. When all is said and done, look for a comfortable Falcons win.

Best of luck to everyone this week, hopefully we can make it another winning week!
    Points Awarded:

bombCanada gave kroyrunner89 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

MrMonkey
    MrMonkey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck Kroy! Week 2 only and the lines seem so hard already?

kroyrunner89

2-1 Week 2, another winning week! I probably am done for the week, nothing really stands out in these two primetime games. I have one play I'm considering for tomorrow night, I'll post it up if I go with it!

bombCanada
    Rule #1: always be glad for what you get
    bombCanada's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hit you 2 pts for the winners. Good work!

kroyrunner89

Thanks Bomb. I'm done for the week guys, no play tonight. Got a lean towards the under and Miami +3, but neither play has enough value for me to lock in. I'll cya all Week 3!

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Nice job Kroy

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

Nicely done. Look forward to next week's picks.