Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

***Week 17 Early Look***

I just looked at the slate for games on New Years Eve and the one that really jumped out at me is the Patriots/Titans game... I know that the Titans have won 6 games in a row, but I really think the wrong team is favored by 3 here... The Patriots can still get the 3 seed if they win and the Colts lose so they have something to play for... Also, you know Bellichek will want to go into the playoffs with some momentum! Anyone else liking the Patriots and 3 here? I sure as hell do! Would love to hear thoughts on this game and any other games that jump out at you guys!
    Hope that everyone is having a Merry Christmas! Anyone else got the Eagles in this game? It's lookin good so far!

Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 12-26-06 at 10:27 PM.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Anyone liking the Patriots +3 in this game or am I out of my mind? They still have playoff positioning somewhat to play for and you know they will want "Mighty MOmentum" on their side for the playoffs... Would like some feedback on this game... I see the Pats winning this game outright...

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ATL +8
    NYG -2

are my leans...

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9410

I would avoid this game at all costs. Belichick doesn't care about seeding. He's confident he can beat any team in any stadium in the playoffs.

The biggest problem with NE is who will play, and you won't know that until kickoff. Last year, same spot, Pats playing for seeding only in final game and Brady only played a little of the first half, with Cassel playing the second half, and Flutie drop-kicking an extra point against Miami in a loss in Foxboro.

As a side note, I've had enough of betting against Vince Young already. He beat me in overtime against the Texans and rallied his team down 29-20 to beat me on a critical ML play last week in Buffalo.

TLD
    TLD's Avatar Become A Pro!

The difference between the 3 and 4 seed is of only very small importance, similar to the difference between the 5 and 6 seed. So NE has something to play for, but it’s quite little.

Not saying they’ll rest all their starters and make no effort at all to win the game, but I doubt they’ll have the same level of motivation as they would if it were something like #2 versus #3 seed at stake.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

I already have CIN -6 and BALT -9 and I'm leaning TENN -3.
    GL to everybody this weekend . . .

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    I would avoid this game at all costs. Belichick doesn't care about seeding. He's confident he can beat any team in any stadium in the playoffs.

The biggest problem with NE is who will play, and you won't know that until kickoff. Last year, same spot, Pats playing for seeding only in final game and Brady only played a little of the first half, with Cassel playing the second half, and Flutie drop-kicking an extra point against Miami in a loss in Foxboro.

As a side note, I've had enough of betting against Vince Young already. He beat me in overtime against the Texans and rallied his team down 29-20 to beat me on a critical ML play last week in Buffalo.
    Hey thanks for the insight on this game... I have gotten burned by Vince the last few weeks as well... I keep thinking well, this will be the week where they falter... Well, it sure hasn't happened yet and I guess whats to think they don't win again this weekend? Think I'll go on the safe side and stick the Patriots in a teaser or two... IMGV, I'm liking the Giants -2 as well bro... They are certainly due to win a game and they don't want this to be Barber's last game! I look for the Giants to play well on Sunday!

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Yeah like they said NE has nothing to play for, or at best very little. If Indy loses I think they can move up to 3rd seed instead of 4th but they still won't get a bye. They will get a home game and if they win have to hit the road to play one of the bye teams regardless with what happens Sunday. Very very little to play for. Last year in this same spot BB rested his guys, Brady played a series or two and came out as did most the other starters in a loss to the Dolphins. Be careful. Either way good luck with it.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love Tennessee and Green Bay, strong opinions on Washington and Pittsburgh. Best of luck this weekend everyone.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Can't understand the reasoning behind Balt -9?

Baltimore has nothing to play for?

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 800

like the Giants -2 ( I wouldn't bet a fvcking dime on those bastards from Atlanta and Michael Dick)
    Last edited by HAPPY BOY; 12-27-06 at 06:36 PM.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY
    like the Giants -2 ( I wouldn't bet a fvcking dime on those bastards from Atlanta and Michael Dick)
    HB, agreed bro... I don't know if I have won a bet this year if the game had the Falcons in it... They either show up big or not at all... Eagles have to win to win the NFC East... Philly and Tenn= hottest teams in football... I wouldn't bet against Philly to absolutely route the FALLcons and Dick...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Only leans I have for week 17 are the Titans and Vikings. They will probably be my only 2 plays in the last week of the NFL.