anjac
    Update your status
    anjac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

SUN NIGHT FB CHICAGO at GREEN BAY

SUN NIGHT FB CHICAGO at GREEN BAY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron Rodgers is becoming quite a field general, and the Packers overall seem to be a team on its way up. He threw for 4038 yds, 28 TDs, along with 13 INTs. The high side to this is that his comp % was 63.6( in the top 10 in the NFL). The low side to these numbers is that the GB offensive line allowed him to be sacked 34 times. The schedule is softer than one might think, while they only play 2 games with 2008 play-off teams in the first 11 games(that being Minn in week 4 on Monday night, and then Minn again in week 6). Rodgers has a couple of strong receivers in Gregg Jennings and Donald Driver, Ryan Grant runs the ball well, although his average was a bit low last season at 3.9 ypc, Mason Cosby has a good leg(3 for 6 over 50 yards). I like everything I see in this team except the defense, which was 26th in the NFL against the rush(allowing 4.6 ypc to the other guys) and 23.7 ppg.

These two teams mirror each other in many respects. Jay Cutler passed for 4526 yds for Denver last year, had 23 TDs and 18 INTs. He was only sacked 11 times, but Denver has a hell of a lot better offensive line than does Gr, Bay, but those particular stats has no meaning here. But Cutler needs someone to throw it to. Matt Forte mirrored Ryan Grant with his 3.9 ypc and had just 35 more total yard at 1238.

I think the difference in this game lies in the special teams and the receivers, where Gr Bay holds the better hand. Especially with Will Blackmon returning punts for an average of 11.1 yds and two TDs last year and Mason Cosby's strong leg. Gr. Bay only allowed 55.4 % pass completions to the oppinent, and Chicago allowed 61.6 %. Doesn't sound like much of a difference, but I assure uou it is.

I liked Gr Bay at the beginning line of -4, but I think that line has risen. So I will still wager on Gr Bay but maybe not as much. Some people say that when the line goes up it is a good sign that the favorite is going to win. I don't quite believe in that Chinese philosophy.

"Everybody plays the fool, sometimes....there's no exception to the rule."

MrMike
    MrMike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 510

I am still pounding GB -4 with what feels like just about everyone else. BOL to everyone who is on board with this play!

actionaddict86
    actionaddict86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

this looks like a trap play

D33pPockets
    D33pPockets's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am on GB with you though I bought it to -3 a few days ago when it was at -3.5. BOL

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

why bet on type games like this

VenomLugz
    VenomLugz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3063

I'm on BEARS!!!!!!!

OjoZ RojoZ
    OjoZ RojoZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by actionaddict86 View Post
    this looks like a trap play
    Yeah, just like the Vikings were a trap play... low line on a game with a offense clicking on all cylinders vs. an offense that is still looking to form a passing game. Lambeau is a tough place to do that.

actionaddict86
    actionaddict86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

viking game was just the bookie ****ing up and giving us a gift...

gb vs bear game not so much... the value on bear ml
    gl

OjoZ RojoZ
    OjoZ RojoZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by actionaddict86 View Post
    viking game was just the bookie ****ing up and giving us a gift...

gb vs bear game not so much... the value on bear ml
    gl

Vikings sure were a gift. A gift everyone who didn't overthink it made some nice change from.