Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

4 gay NFL players could come out on the same day says Brendon Ayanbadejo

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/5...don-ayanbadejo

Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo was released by Baltimore this offseason, and on the heels of comments earlier this week where he suggested that he was cut in part because of his outspoken stance on gay rights and equality issues, Ayanbadejo clarified himself to the Baltimore Sun on Friday. During an hour-long interview he made it clear that he harbors no resentment for the Ravens, and respects them for the support they offered him throughout his career both on and off the field. But that's not all.

When the conversation turned to his work with gay rights and the question of when we might see an openly gay player in the NFL, Ayanbadejo had this to say:

"I think it will happen sooner than you think," Ayanbadejo said. "We're in talks with a handful of players who are considering it. There are up to four players being talked to right now and they're trying to be organized so they can come out on the same day together. It would make a major splash and take the pressure off one guy. It would be a monumental day if a handful or a few guys come out."

In other words, everyone prepare themselves for the most insane day of the NFL offseason in human history. A day to make the sports world explode, basically.

And it would be awesome.

The one reason to worry about an NFL player coming out as gay would be the inevitable avalanche of horrible jokes, hateful responses, and insane scrutiny, all directed at one human being. Nobody deserves that, and it would be ugly. But as Ayanbadejo says, "If they could share the backlash, it would be more positive."

In addition to muting the backlash toward any one player, four players coming out in four different cities -- AT THE SAME DAMN TIME -- would get all kinds of love and support, too, spreading the acceptance around the country, making this a more universal sign of progress in the NFL and the sports world, in general.

"It's cool. It's exciting," says Ayanbadejo of the possibility. "We're in talks with a few guys who are considering it. The NFL and organizations are already being proactive and open if a player does it and if something negative happens. We'll see what happens." Yes we will.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Interesting. I guess this would be the best time of the year for something like this to happen. Get it over with.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

implement a don't ask don't tell policy just like in the military. What you do on your personal time is none of the team's bussiness and they don't need to know. As soon as a player comes out their is bound to be players that will react against them and its a whole new can of worms.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

why don't they just do their job which is playing football. too much free time? not enough work to do?

why is this an issue everyday?

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    implement a don't ask don't tell policy just like in the military. What you do on your personal time is none of the team's bussiness and they don't need to know. As soon as a player comes out their is bound to be players that will react against them and its a whole new can of worms.
    Exactly no one cares what these sodomites think or do. This is purely for selfish reasons. That way when they fail on the field they will just blame it on everyone persecuting them for being gay rather than taking responsibility for themselves and just accepting the fact they suck.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Anyone gotta clue who the 4 are????

I assume at least 1 kicker

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

They will all get DROPPED before the end of their coming out speeches. just like the ravens' ST.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

all 4 players will be from teams that had sub 500 records last year. Their in it for the publicity rather than anything else.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

rumors going around that its 4 guys on the cowboys.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: moses millsap

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Ray Lewis

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

YESSS!!!!!

all virulently anti-gay posters PLEASE weigh in and dont hold back! We want to hear exactly what your opinions are on this and why!

opie yes THAT MEANS YOU, for one

.....................and GO!

tony_come

Tom Brady

tony_come

Colin kaepernick

tony_come

Tony Gonzalez

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    why don't they just do their job which is playing football. too much free time? not enough work to do?

why is this an issue everyday?
    So we should all just do our jobs?

People shouldn't post on SBR and just do our jobs?

Also it's the offseason...

tony_come

Tim tebow

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Exactly no one cares what these sodomites think or do. This is purely for selfish reasons. That way when they fail on the field they will just blame it on everyone persecuting them for being gay rather than taking responsibility for themselves and just accepting the fact they suck.
    hm not a bad tactic at all actually

if i were a straight player, i would consider actually just coming out as gay myself, and then yes, if i fail on the field i can extend my career by blaming it on being persecuted for being gay

i could see EASILY getting an extra 2 or 3 years and a few extra mil out of that EASY, especially since the teams will WANT to seem "sympathetic" to gay sh*t for PR purposes

not a bad strategy at all

but to make it believable a player would probably have to lay some groundwork for a bit beforehand.....make a few casual appearances at gay bars, act swishy off the field, purposely get caught sneaking peeks at guys coks and butts in the locker room while acting like he was trying not to get caught, etc etc stuff like that

not a bad idea, dont hate the player hate the game

im sure you are ok with wall st guys and corporate guys and lobbyists bending the rules and playing the game to get that paper, so dont hate on a f%^&*?#t doing whatever he gotta do to get his paper pal
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MoneyLineDawg, and bb_skoots

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't get why there has to be an announcement for an announcement of coming out

Just do it already, what's the fukkin hold up??

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post
    act swishy

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

hm not a bad tactic at all actually

if i were a straight player, i would consider actually just coming out as gay myself, and then yes, if i fail on the field i can extend my career by blaming it on being persecuted for being gay

i could see EASILY getting an extra 2 or 3 years and a few extra mil out of that EASY, especially since the teams will WANT to seem "sympathetic" to gay sh*t for PR purposes

not a bad strategy at all

but to make it believable a player would probably have to lay some groundwork for a bit beforehand.....make a few casual appearances at gay bars, act swishy off the field, purposely get caught sneaking peeks at guys coks and butts in the locker room while acting like he was trying not to get caught, etc etc stuff like that

not a bad idea, dont hate the player hate the game

im sure you are ok with wall st guys and corporate guys and lobbyists bending the rules and playing the game to get that paper, so dont hate on a f%^&*?#t doing whatever he gotta do to get his paper pal
    Loshak speaks TRUTH!

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

This is crazy!

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

I hope none of them play center or quarterback.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    I don't get why there has to be an announcement for an announcement of coming out

Just do it already, what's the fukkin hold up??
    They are probably are going to do a choreographed song and dance number. Takes a some time to put together.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

YESSS!!!!!

all virulently anti-gay posters PLEASE weigh in and dont hold back! We want to hear exactly what your opinions are on this and why!

opie yes THAT MEANS YOU, for one

.....................and GO!
    just take some advice from the only thing that matters- GOD

Romans 1:28 thru 32

28 furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil;they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless, 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve DEATH, they not only continue to do those very things but also approve of those who practice them.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffie View Post
    rumors going around that its 4 guys on the cowboys.
    I wouldn't be surprised nothing but steers and queers hail from Texas. www.cowboys.com

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

It's gonna be 4 dudettes we've never fukkin heard of.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratpack

Jakenv21
    Update your status
    Jakenv21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6714

let the sexual immorality continue in America

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    just take some advice from the only thing that matters- GOD

Romans 1:28 thru 32

28 furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, he gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil;they disobey their parents; 31 they are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless, 32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve DEATH, they not only continue to do those very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Pro post - Not sure what those passages have to do with anything... What was 1:27 about, 'the gays'? Or was it about stupid ass bigots that are going to be looked upon the same as de-evolutionary human slave owners back in the day? I don't know. I'm asking. I secretly hope it's the latter.

Always good to see the church ladies come out to show their bigotry when it comes to 'the gays' - but not complain on breaking the hundreds of ridiculously mental OTHER laws the bible spews.... Such things you can't do include: tatoos, shaving, eating shellfish and lending money with interest to anyone but foreigners (ahaha, I'd give my right nut to see zealots protesting banks like they do abortion clinics). And one of my favorites -- you are supposed to kill your neighbor if you catch them working on a Sunday (so I guess all NFL players are on the awesome zealot 'kill lists'). Actually, technically, is a preacher working on Sundays? Hmf - thats a grey area and a question that might make existence implode.

I agree with the point that it doesn't matter and football players should play football... It's a civil rights issue. Sure, it could be a distraction MAYBE for a year (thanks ESPN), but it would also prove that having a gay player on your team doesn't turn you into some dick loving lustful cockmonster (to steal a Kluwe bit). Tolerance is a real problem for so many people. I think a LOT of people would become more tolerant if it was Peyton Manning who came out and said he was gay... And a lot of people would say "I told you so" if it was Tom Brady (*cough*). It'd also make it easier for scared/bullied kids to just be themselves and not give into a bullshit culture - and maybe be accepted.

We aren't even there on the race issue - not even close. Some day, like race, being gay isn't going to be an issue that gets headlines anymore - it'l just get backpage headlines from the hate groups that are spawned by cowardly and vaginally equipped folks (ala the KKK). The sooner people start waking up to tolerance the sooner humankind can advance. 15 years ago, imagine the odds of there being a black President in our lifetime... Just saying. People can correct their mistakes and learn from the shit teaching they received from a more ignorant time.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jnickell100, and DrStale

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    So we should all just do our jobs?

People shouldn't post on SBR and just do our jobs?

Also it's the offseason...
    i like apples, you like oranges...

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Ayanbadejo is probably right.... shoot I would of cut him too

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Some of the touchdown celebrations are very gay. I'd say Terrell Owens or Micheal Irwin will be the first players to come out.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

These two for sure...

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

it's probably tebow

gays gonna gay, who cares

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

This won't happen till after the draft.......

Te'o will want to chime in

12 Last