Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Raiders +7 Anyone?

To borrow from Payton2Manning's headline format . . . just to get some discussion going . . . opens +1 and now +7 . . .
    am I nuts for liking the Raiders +7 in the black hole, playing for jobs, loosey goosey, somehow don't trust KC here . . . maybe I'll just lay off . . . there's other games that I like better on Sunday . . . be interested to hear others' thoughts on this one though . . .

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was actually thinking the under was the best way to play this game bud. However, I doubt I play this game at all in any type of fashion.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have KC in a teaser bet, all they have to do is win. My bet is LJ does well after a frustrating performance last week vs SD and KC covers.

I'd take KC at 6.5, but probably end up taking them at 7 anyways. Just don't see Oakland keeping up whatsoever.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Nope. Im staying away from this game entirely.

Checkerboard

I like OAK here. They play KC close traditionally. KC beat OAK
    just 17-13 a little over a month ago and that game was in Arrowhead . . . OAK needs to take out frustrations and make amends to home crowd . . . nothing to lose, watch for special teams goofiness etc . . . totals hovering around 36 and getting a TD . . . also due to pop losing ATS streak in this point range at home, I going to make them a small play . . .

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Play On Oakland Raiders - Underdogs of 3.5 to 10 points, a team that is averaging 14 or less ppg, after scoring six points or less last game, in the second half of the season.
    Teams in this situation have posted a superb 17-2 ATS (89.47 percent) since 1993.

Play On Oakland Raiders - Home underdogs of 3.5 to 10 points after 1 or more consecutive losses against the spread, terrible team, winning 25% or less of their games, in the second half of the season.
    Teams in this situation have posted a solid 28-5-2 ATS (84.85 percent) since 1993.

Play On Oakland Raiders - NFL teams coming off a shutout loss at home in the 2nd half of the season.
    Teams in this situation have posted a perfect 19-0-1 ATS (100 percent) since December 1992.

Play Against Oakland Raiders - Oakland has covered only a shocking 5-11 SU and 4-12 ATS (25 percent) in their last 16 home games against the Chiefs.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

In another thread on her I stated that I kinda like the Raiders +7. Whenever KC plays a top defense they get shut down offensively. Raiders have I believe the #4 defense.

The only problem is that Oakland can't score themselves. Three shutouts this year. Doesn't do much good to play great defense when your own team can't score. If I bet this game, I believe that if Oakland can manage 7-10 points they can cover.

Another problem is have the Raiders given up. Do pro athletes play for pride anymore? That's whats hard about these last weeks. There are teams that will not give the effort because they are out of it. I can hear Moss saying "why play hard, we're out of it." How about the ticket holders and all of the millions of dollars you overpriced athletes make?

Most of all, how about those of us who put our hard earned money betting that each team will play their hardest to win.

Checkerboard

When a total is low and a td is offered, taking the dog is tantamount to hoping for some unexpected type of dog scoring like a defensive td or int run-backs . . . that type of thing . . . some of which I think OAK is due for . . . I mean, I may be wrong about this, but I just like OAK here in this situation getting 7 . . .

zippo
    zippo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I kind of like Oakland +7 and Unnder 36 and heres why. I don't Kansas City will have any success passing the ball on Oakland since the Raisers lead the league in pass defense. So that means Larry Johnson will be a work horse and when all teams are going to do is run that means time comes off the clock. So Oakland should be stacking the box and making it a priority to stop him. Then when Oakland has the ball I don't expect them to do too much, but lets not forget Kansas City has a oor defense, so they may be able to mix it up and create some opportunties by playing loose and taking advantage of a poor defense.

Overall, I don't see too much scoring so the Under looks good and to be giving a team 7 points, at home, in a divisonal rivalry game vs a team that just lost 4 in a row in what is expected to be a tough, grind it out type of game, 7 points is alot.

I'm going to pass, but that is my analysis. Oakland +7 and Under 36, both seperate straight plays.

Good luck!

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by zippo
    I kind of like Oakland +7 and Unnder 36 and heres why. I don't Kansas City will have any success passing the ball on Oakland since the Raisers lead the league in pass defense. So that means Larry Johnson will be a work horse and when all teams are going to do is run that means time comes off the clock. So Oakland should be stacking the box and making it a priority to stop him. Then when Oakland has the ball I don't expect them to do too much, but lets not forget Kansas City has a oor defense, so they may be able to mix it up and create some opportunties by playing loose and taking advantage of a poor defense.

Overall, I don't see too much scoring so the Under looks good and to be giving a team 7 points, at home, in a divisonal rivalry game vs a team that just lost 4 in a row in what is expected to be a tough, grind it out type of game, 7 points is alot.

I'm going to pass, but that is my analysis. Oakland +7 and Under 36, both seperate straight plays.

Good luck!
    zippo, good stuff! It's pretty much exactly how I see it going.
    I think there might be a special teams score or a def. score
    too, but sice one can't count on such, my play remains side
    only (small) . . . I definitely lean under but not playing it . . .
    GL this weekend and thanks for your post . . . happy holidays

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

1. Raiders +7
    2. Under 36.5

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tchocky
    1. Raiders +7
    2. Under 36.5
    Side yep, total matches my lean, but I nvever seem to get total and side right in the same game LOL so I'll lay off total though I do lean to under . . .

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've seen a lot worse --- I'll take the Raiders.

Quite a coaching duel we have here.

Masters of strategery.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oak lost last week at home to rams big and home game before that to Hous I believe by 9. Down to third string running back and no passing game... Line opened at Chiefs
    -3.5 and I hopped on them late at -5. KC by 6 would be fine with all. GL~

rta21
    rta21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 155

i guess im 1 of few taking kc -7 here, i think it will be 17- 7, but we will see

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by nosuzieno
    Oak lost last week at home to rams big and home game before that to Hous I believe by 9. Down to third string running back and no passing game... Line opened at Chiefs
    -3.5 and I hopped on them late at -5. KC by 6 would be fine with all. GL~
    ans a very very middle Christmas to you to nosuzieno LOL . . .

nosuzieno

Yes, may all our Holiday middles come true!

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

2*KC-6.5

Another Saturday night

GL to us all.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

2*Kansas City/Oakland under 37

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

---KANSAS CITY -7
    ---UNDER 36.5

good luck everyone!!!!

Checkerboard

way to go KC + u players . . . just didn't happen for OAK backers . . . the club tried IMO . . . the two t.o's took away any chance of cover, KC protected the ball well . . . on to the big weekend . . .

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Easy $ those Raiders are. I wonder what the line will be next week.....they are desperately trying to get another win though, just can't hold onto the ball.
    Stoked going 3-0 today with my WAC & MWC winners as well.

Congrats nosuz......I think you said this was your GOM.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another game without a touchdown. NFL Network brought up that Oakland is only scoring a touchdown on average 1 in every 70 plays. The league average is 1 in 30. Now that is plain sick.

nosuzieno

Quote Originally Posted by nevadaside
    Easy $ those Raiders are. I wonder what the line will be next week.....they are desperately trying to get another win though, just can't hold onto the ball.
    Stoked going 3-0 today with my WAC & MWC winners as well.

Congrats nosuz......I think you said this was your GOM.
    Thanks, nevada, it was indeed. Closer than I expected but pays the same. Bad team lost in typical bad fashion. Congrats to you as well~