Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Jets to Win Division . . . 12 to 1 . . .

Let's say Jets win in Miami on Christmas and beat Oakland in New York week 17 while NE loses on road Jacksonville and week 17 visiting Tennessee . . . Clubs tie . . . I believe, in this event,
    the two clubs reamin tied for division lead through the first three tie breaking criteria and it's on the 4th criteria where the Jets would hold an edge with 1 extra conference win.

Is this too much of a stretch to think about at 12:1? I'm not saying it's going to happen . . . but it doesn't seem too much
    of a stretch given that NE will be on road against two teams in wildcrad hunt (at least its possible when they get to Teenessee that the Titans will still be playing for a wc spot).

Poker Pirate
    Poker Pirate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the play, and see many hedging possible hedging oportunities that could develop. May I ask what site did you find this bet at? I should be in for a couple units.

Thanks

thinkin about it check this possibility: (in multiples of 100 for ease of thinking)

100 to win 1200: jets to win div.

then: 100 to win 100 pats (+2.5), if pats win, it ends there, but if pats loose, then:

250 to win 200: miami ml

That would leave 950 of the 1200 you would win if the jets to win division left for hedging the final week of the season, could easily ensure a profit if all went well this week.

bad math or am I on track, Thoughts?

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

Quote Originally Posted by Poker Pirate
    I like the play, and see many hedging possible hedging oportunities that could develop. May I ask what site did you find this bet at? I should be in for a couple units.

Thanks

thinkin about it check this possibility: (in multiples of 100 for ease of thinking)

100 to win 1200: jets to win div.

then: 100 to win 100 pats (+2.5), if pats win, it ends there, but if pats loose, then:

250 to win 200: miami ml

That would leave 950 of the 1200 you would win if the jets to win division left for hedging the final week of the season, could easily ensure a profit if all went well this week.

bad math or am I on track, Thoughts?
    I got the 12 to 1 at 365. And you are indeed on track with the hedging though you'd only have 850 remaining in the above scenario . . . but first we need to double-check all the tiebreaker stuff to make sure I have it right . . .

Poker Pirate
    Poker Pirate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tiebreakers indeed, the jets are alive to win the div if they win out and the pats loose out. And thanks for fixing the 850. Unfortunatly, I wont be able to join this endevor, as I cant wager at 365 cause I'm US and dont see the bet offered at any book I have an account at. GL if you decide to take.