Footballtime
    Footballtime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Brandon Lloyd Cut by patriots

Damn guess they are going to have 2 new Wr's this year...........................

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

yea dont understand the move, unless they have something in the works I dont know about yet.

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Draft Tavon Austin or something?

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    yea dont understand the move, unless they have something in the works I dont know about yet.
    likely will be back with them at a cheaper rate

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Lloyd looked horrible with the Pats. He is not a deep threat or a number 1 receiver. I could see the Pats trading for the kid from the Raiders on the cheap. Heyward Bey.

the_situation
    the_situation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6309

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    Lloyd looked horrible with the Pats. He is not a deep threat or a number 1 receiver. I could see the Pats trading for the kid from the Raiders on the cheap. Heyward Bey.
    He wasn't as great as expected but my no means was he horrible. Was a great option in the middle of the field. They will probably bring him back at a reduced rate. And Heyward Bey is a FA so they could get that bum for free if they wanted to.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    He wasn't as great as expected but my no means was he horrible. Was a great option in the middle of the field. They will probably bring him back at a reduced rate. And Heyward Bey is a FA so they could get that bum for free if they wanted to.
    If Heyward Bey is a free agent, he definitely will be a Pat. That saves the Raiders from getting raped by the Patriots again.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by the_situation View Post
    likely will be back with them at a cheaper rate
    The Pats are an incredibly cheap disloyal organization. Terrell Suggs said all the players know it and a lot of people don't want to play for them. You think everybody cares about winning division titles? Players want to get paid.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I heard Tom Brady is going to throw to himself and catch it at the same time. He is that good.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Broncos should get him back.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by C-Gold View Post
    The Pats are an incredibly cheap disloyal organization. Terrell Suggs said all the players know it and a lot of people don't want to play for them. You think everybody cares about winning division titles? Players want to get paid.
    Are those bad things? Cheap probably means thrifty and with a hard salary cap that's a necessity. Loyalty? All you gotta be loyal too is putting the best team on the field next season and beyond.

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Are those bad things? Cheap probably means thrifty and with a hard salary cap that's a necessity. Loyalty? All you gotta be loyal too is putting the best team on the field next season and beyond.
    But the Patriots management is so anal and full of themselves.

Let's say you are a rookie that finishes up a 5 year deal. You were a 1st or 2nd round pick, you are a team guy, never caused any problems, you produced, a lot of fans have your jersey. For some of those years you were underpaid for your relative performance. Now you are 27 and you want a long term deal. You want to be a Patriot for life. Most teams would sign you to a nice deal and maybe even over pay a little bit. The Patriots play by a different set of rules. Suggs sees it, all the players see it and they don't like it. The other players would say that you earned your contract. The Patriots are cheap and everybody knows it.

From a financial standpoint this pisses players off. Just like how a team will pay big bucks for another teams free agent and pay him more than the guys currently on the team. You don't think this screws up chemistry?

The difference is the Patriots have a HOF QB and have been good for years. Being good has allowed them to sign some vets for below market deals and continue their cheap ways.

There are other teams that are good every year that aren't nearly as cheap as the Patriots. The Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Peyton Mannings teams come to mind.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    no way. Llloyd was good with the pats. made some spectacular catches in the post season as well. He didn't get enough balls thrown to him. I'd say Lloyd was the most sure handed receiver on the Patriots. The guy has always been clutch his whole career. I would take Lloyd over Welker any day of the week.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

u know what do what you want to do pats. SBR fuks you, your team fuks you everyone out for themselves in this world, end of story.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    no way. Llloyd was good with the pats. made some spectacular catches in the post season as well. He didn't get enough balls thrown to him. I'd say Lloyd was the most sure handed receiver on the Patriots. The guy has always been clutch his whole career. I would take Lloyd over Welker any day of the week.
    And why didn't lloyd get enough balls thrown his way in the pats offense? He wasn't open and he didn't command a double team. A very bad situation for a pats receiver to be in. you either are the deep threat or take on the double teams, lloyd did neither. Hence the reason is is audi 5000

C-Gold

Maybe they can dig up the corpse of Kevin Faulk and bring back Deion Branch. I am sure the cheap Patriots management can sign them to sub human deals.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

When did brady start discriminating against open receivers? Lloyd was not talented enough to get open. You can't make the back shoulder throw your main threats bread and butter.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

ya c gold...you are right...nobody wants to play for the patriots...lol...theyll be lucky to field a team next year....i mean look at how aqib talib just bounced and took that fat deal from other team

the patriots arent cheap...theyve treated tom well....vince wilfork well...logan mankins made out ok....they locked up gronk and hernandez to nice deals....they simply evaluate which players are unique and hard to replace

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by bobby heenan View Post
    ya c gold...you are right...nobody wants to play for the patriots...lol...theyll be lucky to field a team next year....i mean look at how aqib talib just bounced and took that fat deal from other team

the patriots arent cheap...theyve treated tom well....vince wilfork well...logan mankins made out ok....they locked up gronk and hernandez to nice deals....they simply evaluate which players are unique and hard to replace
    Brandon Lloyd is neither unique or hard to replace. Pats wouldn't take Lloyd back at reduced rated either. Camp body at best for Pats.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    I heard Tom Brady is going to throw to himself and catch it at the same
    time. He is that good.
    Tell us more how matt ryan is an mvp.

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

There was no chemistry between lloyd and brady for 1st half. Brady always went to his te or welker. If b.lloyd stayed, he would have benefitted this season the most. He can make sick catches and drops the easiest ones too much.