Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

1217 picks column

I'm down 0-1 already - stinkin' Seattle

CITIZEN-TIMES.com: Chiefs will be playing for Hunt, but the Chargers will be tough to beat

FL Picks: Chiefs will be playing for Hunt, but the Chargers will be tough to beat
    by Nancy Allen
    published December 15, 2006 3:26 pm

The Kansas City Chiefs will carry heavy hearts to San Diego in the wake of the death of their owner, Lamar Hunt.

Playing the charging Chargers isn’t likely to cheer them up much. San Diego owns the AFC West crown and can chip away at some of Kansas City’s remaining playoff hopes with a win today. Coming into this match-up, the Chiefs trail Cincinnati and Jacksonville by one game in the AFC wild card race.
    Web Extras: Multimedia & Related Content
    Advertisement

The Chiefs suffered a 20-10 loss to the Ravens last weekend, meaning they need to win out to have a chance at staying in the AFC playoff picture. On the other side to the ball, a win today, along with a loss by the Colts on Monday night, will give San Diego a first-round bye in the playoffs.

The Chargers are on a seven-game winning streak, with their last loss coming Oct. 22 against, who else? - The Chiefs. October was a long time ago for both of these squads and things have only gotten better for the … CHARGERS.

Cincinnati at Indianapolis: It seems Indianapolis can’t stop their slide downhill or the run. The Colts defense gave up a whopping 375 rushing yards in a 44-17 home loss to Jacksonville last Sunday. No longer in control of the AFC, the Colts have lost two in a row and will need to shore up a weak D in order to give their offense a chance at a win today. … COLTS.

Washington at New Orleans: Displaced by Hurricane Katrina, the Saints finished their 2005 season with a 3-13 record. Back home in the Superdome for 2006, things have turned around quite a bit. New Orleans looks to clinch its first division title since 2000 with a win Sunday, as coach of the year talk swirls around head coach Sean Peyton. Coaching honors and the NFC South belong to the … SAINTS.

Philadelphia at N.Y. Giants: These teams both have 7-6 records. The Giants stopped a four-game losing streak last weekend with a 27-13 win over Carolina, while Philly was able to hold off Washington 22-19. New York QB Eli Manning has had two strong showings in a row, and running back Tiki Barber, who had 112 yards last week against the Panthers, is playing his last season, which adds incentive at this time of year. … GIANTS.

Miami at Buffalo: These AFC rivals are tied at 6-7 and hang on to slim playoff hopes. Both teams are coming off of wins last weekend. Miami, however, earned its win by blanking the Patriots, which has me thinking … DOLPHINS.
    Sunday's Games, picks in bold

N.Y. Jets at Minnesota

Detroit at Green Bay

Tampa Bay at Chicago

Jacksonville at Tennessee

Cleveland at Baltimore

Houston at New England

Pittsburgh at Carolina

Denver at Arizona

St. Louis at Oakland
    Monday’s Game

Cincinnati at Indianapolis

Last week: 7-9; overall: 127-81
    Last edited by Sportsgirl; 12-15-06 at 04:24 PM. Reason: just puttin the text into your post SG :)

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do disagree with your Pitt and St.Louis picks.

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan

You gotta be from Oakland, BBD

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl
    You gotta be from Oakland, BBD
    Nope SG... I'm from St.Louis

Sportsgirl

Nope SG... I'm from St.Louis
    My brother played football at Central Missouri State - do you know this school?

bigboydan

I believe this is the school in Warrensburg if i remember correctly SG.

Sportsgirl

yep. That sounds familiar.

Sportsgirl

These are among the few I got right .... I stunk again this week - what's up with the NFC?

bigboydan

I couldn't believe both of the final scores in those two games you mentioned above. I didn't think the Raiders would lose that game at all with the current events that was happening in the Rams locker room.

As far as whats up with the NFC goes. Well, besides the Bears locking up home field advantage thru the playoffs, it's still pretty much up in the air.