Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pitt/Carolina

Anyone know what the line has been this week on this game? I'm really liking the Steelers in this one regardless of what the line is... They have played well the last 2 weeks and still have an outside shot of making the playoffs... I think they come out runnin with Parker and throw in a lil cheese with the Burger! Anyone else likin Pitt in this one?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry bro I disagree with you on this game. I do like the Panthers +2.5 here in this one.

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Wrong on this one, BBD. With DelHomme out and Weinke startingat QB, the Pittsburgh defense will have him for lunch. Couple that with theSteelers consistant play as of late and their "mathematical" chance at making the playoffs, and the Steelers come out of Carolina even at 7-7. And, as is the case with Carolina, every other season they end with a 7-9.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i continue to not like carolina

i don't like worthlessburger but carolina has trouble running the ball and the QB situation in carolina is about as bad (mediocre)

Peyton2MarvinN06

I just read that Weinke is starting at QB again this Sunday... Consider this game a done deal for the Steelers... Weinke has no business in the NFL and he will prove that again on Sunday! I think the line is way too low on this game... I'm on the Steelers big time!

Peyton2MarvinN06

Hope that I had some followers from this thread on the Steelers! As said before, the Panthers can not move the ball with Weinke at the helm! The Panthers D line looks tired and Willie Parker has had several huge gains already! I know this game is only at the half, but I'll take 17-3 any day of the week especially with Chris Weinke as the opposing QB...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I have the over 39. Thinking about poping the 2nd half total of 17.5.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    I have the over 39. Thinking about poping the 2nd half total of 17.5.
    Looks like Pitt might have your over by themselves! 34-3 currently! I can't believe Holmes muffed the punt, CAR recovers, but a penalty on Carolina... Then, they re-kick and Holmes takes it to the house! UNREAL!
    Pitt absolutely dominating this game!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    Looks like Pitt might have your over by themselves! 34-3 currently! I can't believe Holmes muffed the punt, CAR recovers, but a penalty on Carolina... Then, they re-kick and Holmes takes it to the house! UNREAL!
    Pitt absolutely dominating this game!

Well I need Carolina to mustard up some more points, I need at least 3 more. Because I think Pittsburgh will run the clock out if they get the ball. So I need the Panthers to put up some respectable points.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Congrats on your OVER win Onlooker!
    Glad that we both cashed on this puppy!
    Carolina Panthers were everyone's early fave to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl? Do the experts wanna re-think that? This team is terrible!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    Congrats on your OVER win Onlooker!
    Glad that we both cashed on this puppy!
    Carolina Panthers were everyone's early fave to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl? Do the experts wanna re-think that? This team is terrible!

Thanks. Congrats to you as well.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Did Carolina play this game or their cheerleaders? I thought Car would at least show up. I guess there are teams that just give up. Fans deserve better who pay the outrageous ticket prices.

rta21
    rta21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 155

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan
    Did Carolina play this game or their cheerleaders? I thought Car would at least show up. I guess there are teams that just give up. Fans deserve better who pay the outrageous ticket prices.
    lol is weinke older then brett farve or what

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by rta21
    lol is weinke older then brett farve or what
    If I remember correctly, Weinke was 30 when he won the title with Florida State. Or something in that range.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsgirl
    Wrong on this one, BBD. With DelHomme out and Weinke startingat QB, the Pittsburgh defense will have him for lunch. Couple that with theSteelers consistant play as of late and their "mathematical" chance at making the playoffs, and the Steelers come out of Carolina even at 7-7. And, as is the case with Carolina, every other season they end with a 7-9.
    Well I'll be damned. Looks like Pitt is actually back in the playoff hunt. Of course, all the stars would have to align perfectly, but still....

ESPN.com - NFL - 2006 Playoff Picture

Peyton2MarvinN06

Wow, talk about one hell of a game coming up this Sunday! Ravens @ Steelers! Ravens battling for a bye in the first round and the Steelers are battling for their playoff lives(albeit a long shot). Pitt -3.5 on the early line... I'll have to look more into this game, but it should be a whale of a game!!!

Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Quote Originally Posted by gummo
    Well I'll be damned. Looks like Pitt is actually back in the playoff hunt. Of course, all the stars would have to align perfectly, but still....

ESPN.com - NFL - 2006 Playoff Picture
    Of the "contenders" for AFC playoff spots, this is the line-up for the weekend.

Tennessee at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
    Baltimore at Pittsburgh, 1 p.m.
    New England at Jacksonville, 1 p.m.

Cincinnati at Denver, 4:15 p.m.
    Monday, Dec. 25

N.Y. Jets at Miami, 8:30 p.m.

I can see Tennessee taking down buffalo, as they seem to be playing surprise spoilers down the stretch. Pittsburgh not only has a "must-win" situation at home against Baltimore, but the can of whoop-ass that the Ravens unleashed on them a couple of weeks ago will fuel the fire of revenge. And, well, quite frankly, the Steelers are finlly playing as they were expected to play this season. New England should take down Jax - especially with INT-prone Gerrard starting at QB. Monday's game, I'm not sure - depends on if the Miami team that blanked the Pats shows up or the one that GOT blanked Sunday against Buffalo. I'll, off course, be hoping for the former

Thanks, Gummo, for the link.