bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tank Johnson

Did you guys catch this story?

20 Chicago cops raided his house and found a ton of guns and a bag of pot. What even made this even worse is that he had guns hidden thru out the house with kids around. However, what I found very odd was that there were 20 cops that raided his house like that. I don't think that was needed at all.

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats what they do if its a raid..either force in numbers works well or they like the overtime

bigboydan

I know thats what they do bro. However, there really was no reason to raid this guys house. All they needed to go was to go in with a search warrant.

anthon9283

Yeah, they must have been watching the house for a while is the only reason I can think of. Maybe they thought he was a dealer or something? Maybe in a few days we will see the real story behind it. But your right 20 guys sounds a bit odd.

bigboydan

Something don't add up here at all anthon9283.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i don't like it either

what happen to the right to bear arms?

kinda gay to get in trouble for having guns in your house as long as they are not assualt rifle type stuff

this must only be in certain states cause hunters have guns in their houses (and others do to for home protection) and they don't need a permit in my state

guns in the car is one thing but in the house is something else especially if they were purchased legally

and 20 cops is too many if their was only pot and some guns in the house

unless tank was a pot or gun dealer which makes no sense at all then this was B.S.

and the cops will put a spin on it to justify it like there was a loaded 12 gauge shotgun lying next to the playstation 3 while kids were in the house
    Last edited by goldengoat; 12-15-06 at 01:18 PM.

anthon9283

Either way Tank Johnson is not too bright. He already is on probation for illegal weapon charges and now doing it again. The guy is in the NFL.. just buy them legally you have the money. Whats up with these players?? Seems like a lot more stupid decisions by players this year.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

1. There were assault rifles taken from the house.
    2. They had a search warrant. Always better to have more men than not enough.
    3. Police found loaded weapons in the house, in plain view, with children in the house with access to them.
    4. The neighbors had been complaining numerous times to the police about the activities going on at his house.
    5. Tank is a turd who has previous arrests, including a weapons charge.
    6. Where he lives you must have a permit or license for each weapon.
    7. Sounds like he would fit in real well with the Bengals.

goldengoat

i did not hear that there was assault weapons

if he was firing assault weapons in his backyard then i completely understand what the police did

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14361

hopefully the team can put it to the side . . .

m000
    m000's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saturday morning.
    Tank and his bodyguard (the one who got arrested on Thurs.) were out at a club, got in a fight, and his bodyguard got shot to death. No word if Tank was involved.
    Now that might be a distraction.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's very unfortunate.

Story from ChicagoBears.com homepage:

Bears defensive tackle involved in another incident
    By Larry Mayer

LAKE FOREST, Ill. – The man arrested at Tank Johnson’s home Thursday was shot and killed at a Chicago nightclub, the Ice Bar, early Saturday morning. Johnson was reportedly at the club at the time of the shooting.

Defensive tackle Tank Johnson was selected by the Bears in the second round of the 2004 NFL Draft.
    However, the Chicago Police Department has informed the Bears that at this time there is no information linking Johnson to their investigation about the incident.

In a statement released Saturday morning, the Bears said: “We are aware of the shooting that occurred in a downtown club last night. We are currently gathering information to learn more about the situation.”

On Thursday, William Posey was arrested and charged with felony marijuana possession after police executed a search warrant at Johnson's home in Gurnee.

Johnson, who was at Halas Hall at the time of the search, was later charged with six misdemeanor counts of possession of a firearm without a Firearm Owner’s Identification card.

On Friday, coach Lovie Smith said that Johnson would be deactivated for Sunday’s home game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

“This was my decision, not a Bears (decision),” Smith said at the time. “This isn’t discipline or anything like that. Each week I decide which 46 guys give us the best opportunity to win based on a lot of factors. (It’s) only that.

“I think it’s hard to be as focused as you should be going through things like that and to be able to give your best effort on the weekend.”

Johnson has had brushes with the law before. Last March, prosecutors dropped battery and resisting arrest charges filed against the defensive tackle in February stemming from a scuffle outside a Chicago nightclub. That arrest violated his probation that resulted from a guilty plea to a misdemeanor unlawful gun possession charge.

On Friday, general manager Jerry Angelo indicated that the team was upset with Johnson's conduct.

“We’re very disappointed," Angelo said. "We’re embarrassed by this. It’s unfortunate that it did happen and in particular it happened to Tank. He’s had a history now of doing things and that history has got to stop. I tell players that it’s not their talent that determines their career, it’s their character that determines their career, and we’re very much adamant about that.

“Although each situation is a little bit different—we look at each situation that way as well—but at some point a player has to be held accountable for his actions, not only on the field but off the field as well.”

Angelo stressed that the Bears will not tolerate a string of indiscretions by any player.

“If players are smart, they’re not going to flirt with the line," Angelo said. "They know where the lines are and they better make sure that they don’t cross any lines. No player is that good. I made sure that Tank understood that, and I would speak to any player on that count.

“We will not condone a history of poor decisions or actions that are going to affect us, not only from a credibility standpoint, but distract or impair our goal, and our goal is to win football games, to win a championship. Anything that distracts us from that goal, that’s going to be treated very severely. I could assure you that and I speak for everybody in the organization.”
    Last edited by primo_skillz; 12-16-06 at 01:52 PM.

goldengoat

tank and his thuggery is given the bears a black eye

geez man you're a millionare playing in the nfl

stop be a stupid ass thug

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

who knows why and what else he or was into ya know? nfl player can easily be into some other bad shit as well who knows but sounds like hes not bright off the field

Odrod
    Odrod's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never a better time to pound on Tampa

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

1/5 says Tank end up playing for the Bengals next yesr.