SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jimmy Boyd: Niners & Hawks Over 40˝

Niners & Hawks Over 40˝

Game Time: 12/14/2006 8:00:00 PM

By: Jimmy Boyd
    The Professional Handicappers League™. Serving the Sports Handicapping Industry Since 1996!

The Seattle Seahawks can wrap up the NFC West tonight when they host the San Francisco 49ers. Kickoff at Qwest Field is 8:00 p.m. (ET), and the over is the play.

Seattle is 15-3 over when playing against a team with a losing record over the last three seasons. The Seahawks are also 6-0 over in all games where the line is between 35˝ and 42 points this season. The 49ers are 9-2 over in the same situation over the past two seasons.

Entering this game with an 8-5 overall record and a 3-game lead atop the NFC West standings, Seattle has seen just under 50 points scored per game in their last three contests. Coincidentally, those three games marked the return of quarterback Matt Hasselbeck after he missed four games with a knee injury.

San Francisco comes into this one with a 5-8 record and are one of two teams sitting three games back of the Seahawks in the NFC West. The 49ers have lost their last three games after struggling back to a 5-5 record through the first 10 games. Their defense has allowed 30+ points the last two times out, and has given up 30 or more points seven times this season.

Play the over tonight.

Play: 49ers-Seahawks Over 40˝

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is not a game I plan on playing at all tonight. However, I feel the SF team total will go under in this game.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under unless weather causes TO's which cause shortened fields. If anything, the under of total FG's prop bet seem to be a good choice (whoops, the greek took it off). I also like the first score TD prop -165 rather than FG/Safety. The Under of Hasslebeck completions (18.5) is interesting, though dumpoffs worry me, P.S. the under has gone down to 38.5.