onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Favre - 5 INT's.

So far he has thrown 5 interceptions. When is a good time to pull him? 8 INTs?
    Last edited by onlooker; 10-30-05 at 02:25 PM.

Max Levine
    Max Levine's Avatar Become A Pro!

If the Bengals would have scored on that last drive, I say he would have been pulled. But 2 TDs down, 8 mins remaining, he's the one who could pull it out.

Max

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

He is certainly not on his game right now. But I see where your coming from. Hes their best option right now.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

He drove them down for a TD. 21-14 now.

Max Levine

I say they get the ball back... and he throws another Int.

Max

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Max Levine
    I say they get the ball back... and he throws another Int.

Max
    Fine with me, As long as he keeps them within 9.

Shawn01
    Shawn01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    He drove them down for a TD. 21-14 now.
    Sigh, and I have Cincy at -8.

Max Levine

Well then, let's hope he goes deep.

Max Levine

There ya go! You're safe now

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i don't care if he throws a 100 int's, just as long as the packers cover this game

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers are a great team to bet on this season. Because of Favre, they will always play hard regardless of record or score. They're not going to win many games, but they'll cover in most of them.

Senator 7

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Not Favre's fault so much...it's like if you make so many bets some are going to be bad. When you have to throw the ball over 40 times you run the risk of errant throws, tiped balls, pressured throws, etc...GB offense very predicatble these days. Linebackers just dropping back into pass coverage. No need to play the run anymore...at least if I am the d-coordinator facing GB.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Bengals must love the NFC North. They have something like 16 INT's between the Bears, Packers and Vikings.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    So far he has thrown 5 interceptions. When is a good time to pull him? 8 INTs?
    The Pack has lived and died by the arm of Favre for well over a decade now. Although Favre used to have a running game, an offensive line, capable receivers, a defense, ... What exactly is holding this team together?! FAVRE!!!

Even if the Pack goes 1-15, as long as Favre is playing, they'll go down with guns blazing.

What kind of moneyline can I get that the Packers will still win the division? lol. I might just take a slice of that action at 100:1.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Bears in control of the division now that they hold the tie breaker over Det because of head to head.

Favre retires after this year.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001
    I thought about this after the game. I've watched every single game that Favre has played for the green and gold. I wasn't sure that he would come back this year and when he did, I thought he would play this season and be done. After how this year has gone, it wouldn't surprise me to see him come back next season. Favre could easily compete at a high level for 2 or 3 more seasons and possibly break Marino's records. With all the bad breaks The Pack has got this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see Brett come back next season and make that his final year no matter what happens.

Senator 7

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001
    Bears in control of the division now that they hold the tie breaker over Det because of head to head.

Dont you have a future bet on the Bears?

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

+1076

codeworks
    codeworks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7
    Packers are a great team to bet on this season. Because of Favre, they will always play hard regardless of record or score. They're not going to win many games, but they'll cover in most of them.

Senator 7

LOL was thinking the same thing as I was watching the game, not to mention they have not been blown out all year, always hanging around the number

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by codeworks
    they have not been blown out all year, always hanging around the number
    Lions blew them out in Week 1. 17-3.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Senator7
    I thought about this after the game. I've watched every single game that Favre has played for the green and gold. I wasn't sure that he would come back this year and when he did, I thought he would play this season and be done. After how this year has gone, it wouldn't surprise me to see him come back next season. Favre could easily compete at a high level for 2 or 3 more seasons and possibly break Marino's records. With all the bad breaks The Pack has got this season, it wouldn't surprise me to see Brett come back next season and make that his final year no matter what happens.

Senator 7
    They'll have to scrape Favre off the turf with a spatula before he retires. I don't see Favre giving it up until his body completely breaks down, which could be one hit away or 5 years away. Look at Vinny Testeverde. Will Green Bay ever have the balls to ship Favre out to pasture ala the 49ers and Joe Montana. Only time will tell. One thing for sure, I can't believe Favre can be enjoying this type of season. Then again, being a true champion, maybe he sees every game as 0-0 and is always playing for all the marbles. Still such a shame that GB had to draft Rogers rather than picking up an offensive lineman or other quality player that can help NOW.

jentude
    jentude's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    Not Favre's fault so much...it's like if you make so many bets some are going to be bad. When you have to throw the ball over 40 times you run the risk of errant throws, tiped balls, pressured throws, etc...GB offense very predicatble these days. Linebackers just dropping back into pass coverage. No need to play the run anymore...at least if I am the d-coordinator facing GB.
    the fact of the matter is, that farve is not even close to the qb he was before. It amazes me that afterthe 5th pick, as he was leading them down the field, they were talking about how gutsy he was! Please! If that was kyle boller out there with 5 picks they would be screaming what is he still doing out there, if cincy had taken advantage of those turnovers, this would have covered by end of the 3rd

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, at some point you have to think about hanging them up...he keeps the Packers competitve, but it will be a while before they turn this thing around...

sunshine11
    sunshine11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3097

They needed him today.