PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    There's only 1 guy on that list arguably better than Manning and Brady and that's Montana. Anyway Tomlinson played way less years than your boy allen and i'im pretty sure he has him beat in tds, yards, you name it. Rex Ryan fukkin ruined Tomlinson's legacy. Everyone just skips over LT. Guy was a workhorse in both running and passing game. Him and Faulk are the best two rb wide outs of all time. Only difference was Faulk played with a bunch of hall of famers and some of the best offensive weapons in history.
    Umm, no. Elway and Marino.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Umm, no. Elway and Marino.
    Marino-- maybe better than Manning. Brady? No chance. Elway. C'mn. Don't make me laugh. Elway doesn't even hold a candle to Manning. Elway is just as good as Brett Favre. Brady and Montana are in a class by themselves.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

This isnt even a debate and EVERY number proves it. No back could run, block, and catch the ball out of the backfield like Emmitt Smith. Stop getting your NFL history from video games guys

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Marino-- maybe better than Manning. Brady? No chance. Elway. C'mn. Don't make me laugh. Elway doesn't even hold a candle to Manning. Elway is just as good as Brett Favre. Brady and Montana are in a class by themselves.
    Way off base.

You are severely underrating the greatness of Dan Marino.

He threw for over 61,000 yards and 250 TDs with no team around him. I can't imagine what his numbers would have looked like if Marino had Randy Moss, Deion Branch, and Wes Welker to throw to.

Brady also had a superior team around him than Marino did, who was basically asked to carry the team by himself. Plus Brady was coached by Belichick.

Marino had 1 1,000 yard rusher in his whole career and he was past his prime. It's much more difficult to win a game when the other side knows you are basically forced to throw the ball every single game. You don't have a choice.

Once the 90s rolled around Marino didn't have any real legitimate wr's either. People forget that fact. Teams that win Super Bowls can always beat you in more ways than one.

The Miami Dolphins couldn't.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Way off base.

You are severely underrating the greatness of Dan Marino.

He threw for over 61,000 yards and 250 TDs with no team around him. I can't imagine what his numbers would have looked like if Marino had Randy Moss, Deion Branch, and Wes Welker to throw to.

Brady also had a superior team around him than Marino did, who was basically asked to carry the team by himself. Plus Brady was coached by Belichick.

Marino had 1 1,000 yard rusher in his whole career and he was past his prime. It's much more difficult to win a game when the other side knows you are basically forced to throw the ball every single game. You don't have a choice.

Once the 90s rolled around Marino didn't have any real legitimate wr's either. People forget that fact. Teams that win Super Bowls can always beat you in more ways than one.

The Miami Dolphins couldn't.
    I didn't say Marino wasn't great. He's top 5 to me. Elway is not in that league. Brady had the best season in NFL history when he had Randy Moss and Welker... Brady has worked with scrub wide outs the majority of his career.

Bellicheck? Bellicheck would be nothing without Brady. Nothing. You will see once Brady retires. Bill will not win another ring unless he finds a top 5 qb. Book it. Put me on the record.

Brady never had a good rb. he had an over the hill cory dillain and that's all.

bro Brady has been to 5 sbs and counting. he will guaranteed make 1-2 more appearances before he retires. guaranteed. quote me on that too.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by will2survive View Post
    He's a murderer, but O.J. Simpson was GREAT
    There ya go.
    I was waiting for somebody to mention his name.
    Yes, he's a lying, cheating murderer, etc. etc. etc. but Simpson was an all time great.

Regarding Bo, Bo might very well be second on the list (to Jim Thorpe) as the greatest athlete of all time.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Yeah he was pretty versatile but he couldn't block for shit and never played fullback which Marcus did.
    So often versatility is just another way of saying he wasn't great at any one thing. If Allen was on the Lions, they would still be the worst franchise in all of sports. With Sanders, the worst managed franchise was actually a playoff team for most of his career

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

nasher just curious but why do you say bo is the 2nd greatest athlete and ahead of a guy like Herschel walker?

What did bo accomplish to deserve that?

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

In terms of pure talent AP is in a league of his own

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

What did bo accomplish to deserve that?
    Qualifier for the track and field nationals as a freshman and sophomore, didn't follow through because not enough time to properly train.
    Fastest 40 yard dash time in the history of the Combines.
    Won some dopey award called the Heisman or something like that at Auburn.
    Ran for 1786 yards for the Raiders in 1985.
    Ran for 221 yards on MNF football, against the Seahawks, ran right through and over Brian Bosworth after the Boz told Bo "you ain't shit"
    Played flawless outfield before becoming a DH, was 1989 MLB All Star MVP, that year he hit 32 homers and drove in 105.

"Bo Knows Sports"

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

^

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Ran for 1786 yards for the Raiders in 1985.

i think you might be overestimating what he accomplished

the only thing on that list that's better than all that herschel accomplished was the 40 time

herschel was a better running back than bo ever dreamed of being.....herschel was the best rb of all time in college football

herschel's biggest sin was the minnesota vikings making a stupid fukkin trade and people forget how incredible a football player he was

people remember bo as some amazing baseball player when in reality he wasnt very good....a 784 career ops and struck out all the time...the flawless outfield he played? he committed the second most errors by an OF in 1990

never rushed for 1000 yards as a pro

bo sure had potential but most of all he was a great marketing campaign

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I didn't say Marino wasn't great. He's top 5 to me. Elway is not in that league. Brady had the best season in NFL history when he had Randy Moss and Welker... Brady has worked with scrub wide outs the majority of his career.

Bellicheck? Bellicheck would be nothing without Brady. Nothing. You will see once Brady retires. Bill will not win another ring unless he finds a top 5 qb. Book it. Put me on the record.

bro Brady has been to 5 sbs and counting. he will guaranteed make 1-2 more appearances before he retires. guaranteed. quote me on that too.
    First of all, Brady didn't work with scrubs his whole career. Hardly anything you said was true. He was a backup to Drew Bledsoe and took over the starting role in 2001. He had Antowain Smith who was a 1,000 yard back who was backed up by Kevin Faulk who was pretty good in his own right.

He had a 1,000 yard receiver, Troy Brown, and a guy who was almost another 1,000 yard receiver in David Patten. The next season, they acquired Deion Branch. So he had Branch from his 2nd season on. In no way can you even hint that Brady's situation was anything remotely close to Marino's in Miami.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Faulk couldn't and never did play TE, FB, or QB. LT never led his team to a Super Bowl victory and has less Pro Bowl appearances.
    Pro Bowls: Faulk 7, Allen 6, LT 5
    1st team All-Pro: Faulk 3, LT 3, Allen 2

Faulk was the better receiver and LT was a better QB than Allen. Only thing Allen did best of these 3 is fumbling.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Pro Bowls: Faulk 7, Allen 6, LT 5
    1st team All-Pro: Faulk 3, LT 3, Allen 2

Faulk was the better receiver and LT was a better QB than Allen. Only thing Allen did best of these 3 is fumbling.
    Faulk couldn't block to save his life. Allen way more versatile. Allen still has more TDs and a better yards per catch average.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Elway went to 5 Super Bowls with FAR less talent than Brady had on the Pats, yet according to you, he's not even in pretty boys league? Laughable. Get off Brady's jock. Your guarantees are worthless. Brady won't win another Super Bowl, and if his Patsies played in the NFC, he probably wouldn't have a single ring. Eli owns Brady......

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Qualifier for the track and field nationals as a freshman and sophomore, didn't follow through because not enough time to properly train. No one cares about college track and field, sad reality.
    Fastest 40 yard dash time in the history of the Combines. Fastest time in a non-game situation?
    Won some dopey award called the Heisman or something like that at Auburn. So did Tebow and Charlie Ward
    Ran for 1786 yards for the Raiders in 1985. Great season
    Ran for 221 yards on MNF football, against the Seahawks, ran right through and over Brian Bosworth after the Boz told Bo "you ain't shit" A great single game
    Played flawless outfield before becoming a DH, was 1989 MLB All Star MVP, that year he hit 32 homers and drove in 105. We all know all-star mvps don't mean shit. Had a decent season, hardly special.

"Bo Knows Sports"

meader99

None of these cats was as versatile as Marcus and LOL@Tomlinson and Faulk ahead of Marcus.
    I can't speak about Jim Brown, because I never saw him play, but I would certainly take Walter Payton, LT, Barry Sanders and AP all ahead of Marcus Allen. The problem with the thread is you didn't say "just most versatile," you brought in greatest, and Marcus Allen simply doesn't fit that bill.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    FYI Great season that never happened. Bo was in college in 1985. Never ran for 1000 yards in the nfl. Partly because he was busy being a mediocre baseball player.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    I can't speak about Jim Brown, because I never saw him play, but I would certainly take Walter Payton, LT, Barry Sanders and AP all ahead of Marcus Allen. The problem with the thread is you didn't say "just most versatile," you brought in greatest, and Marcus Allen simply doesn't fit that bill.
    Doesn't fit the bill? According to who? You?

How many more positions can one guy play? Would he qualify in your eyes if he also played MLB?

meader99

Doesn't fit the bill? According to who? You?

How many more positions can one guy play? Would he qualify in your eyes if he also played MLB?
    Re-read your thread title. How does playing multiple positions make him the greatest RB? It doesn't. You wanna call him versatile? Fantastic...You wanna call him the greatest? No way.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    FYI Great season that never happened. Bo was in college in 1985. Never ran for 1000 yards in the nfl. Partly because he was busy being a mediocre baseball player.
    I never followed the player so I took his word for all of those accomplishments, which alltogether hardly makes a worldclass athlete.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Faulk couldn't block to save his life. Allen way more versatile. Allen still has more TDs and a better yards per catch average.
    Faulk was a great blocker, what are you talking about?

Yards per catch? That's the best you can find? It was 9.2 to 9.0. Falk had more receptions, rec yards, rec TDs, etc, etc.

I'll give Allen credit for longevity. But the turnovers, Allen's turnover rate was double anyone on the rest on my list.

If you want to talk about most versatile, Bo Jackson was. He could play two different pro sports at the highest level.

First 12