cakasmaloy
    cakasmaloy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 503

Fantasy Roster suggestion

Im not sure if SBR is the right place to post this, but i trust this board more than any other in terms of guidance and opinion...

I just had my first fantasy draft and was wondering if you guys had any input on who i should start (bench players in parentheses)... i was thinking:

QB: Ryan (Romo, Palmer)
    RB: S. Jackson, Portis (Ray Rice, Kevin Smith)
    WR: Fitzgerald, Boldin, Eddie Royal (Santana Moss, Berrian, Chris Henry, Nicks)
    TE: Gates

I picked up Romo first, but started thinking, due to the loss of TO that Ryan may be a better choice. Also, not too confident on Portis' performance... would it be stupid to throw Ray Rice in there to start week 1?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

My opinion, you're going to be rotating those QB's throughout the season based on who they are playing. Try and find the best best match-ups. I'm a little hesitant with Portis also this season, but he is the lone starter there. Rice is going to have a career year this season. Not only is he going to get the majority of the touches, but he is going to be a pass catching machine! By week 3, Rice will be your starter and Portis will remain on the bench. You got yourself some nice WR's there too. Good luck to ya.

cakasmaloy

thanks a lot! i appreciate it

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I got my team solidified

QB: Rivers/Schuab
    RB: Deanglo williams, Willie Parker, Ryan Grant, Marshawn Lynch
    WR: Steve Smith, Vincent Jackson, Lance Moore, Derrick Mason, Hakeem Nicks, Michael Jenkins
    TE: John Carlson
    K:John Carney
    Def: SD

I like Nicks also, I think he will get a starting spot before long. Im about to drop michael jenkins tho and pick up leon washington.

Italia_NYC
    Italia_NYC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nicks is going to be a stud this season. He'll be starting by week 4 at the latest.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Quote Originally Posted by cakasmaloy View Post
    I
    QB: Ryan (Romo, Palmer)
    RB: S. Jackson, Portis (Ray Rice, Kevin Smith)
    WR: Fitzgerald, Boldin, Eddie Royal (Santana Moss, Berrian, Chris Henry, Nicks)
    TE: Gates
    Fantasy Football is my neighborhood.

QB - I never see a reason to carry 3 QB, honestly I would try to trade one of them, and honestly in this group I would try to trade Palmer and use Romo and Ryan based on Matchups. Palmer doesn't have the offense that either of the other two have, and honestly I don't see Palmers stock rising anytime soon. Try to deal him before the beginning of the year. Week 1 Atlanta is at home against Miami and Dallas is away against TB. Ryan has a much better matchup week 1. Fantasy football starting lineups are all about matchups, you need to change your starters based on match ups.

RB - Honestly I would be a little worried about your RB situation. I love Kevin Smith this year, and he starts with a good matchup against a not so good New Orleans defense. Washington plays NYG and their stellar defense, SJax is in Seattle against probably one of the fastest LB crews in the league. Baltimore plays against KC. THe problem with Baltimore is their super crowded backfield. We really don't know if McGahee or Rice are going to get the majority of the carries. Although they have a sweet matchup week 1 its a question mark. I would probably start SJax and Smith week 1.

WR - You are solid here, almost too solid. Royal is going to be huge with Marshall on the outs. Royal could easily lead the league in receptions this year. Boldin and Fitz are certifiable studs, but I don't know if I would want them both on my team. Santana Moss is going to put up some big numbers with the right matchups and Henry and Nicks are both guys with monster upside. I honestly think you have too much talent here, and are thin at RB. I would really try to move one of these guys with Palmer to get another serviceable RB. Look for teams that need depth @ WR or QB. Sell Palmer and Boldin for a RB stud. If you team is this stacked at WR someone has to have a hole.

TE - Gates is a pimp. I am not sure how many seasons he has left, but there are probably 8-10 serviceable TEs now. So he isn't as dominate as he used to be.

I am curious was this a smaller league 8-10 teams?

cakasmaloy

BG thanks for the advice...

Yes, this was an 8 team league. The only reason i have 3QB's is because we have room for a shitton of bench players and Palmer was sitting out there as a FA after the draft... so i dropped Ted Ginn JR and picked him up in case he turns out to be productive. I definitely plan on starting Ryan week one. I am kind of timid about benching Portis Week 1 considering i picked him up in the early rounds (waste?). Do you think Kevin Smith will put up better numbers than Portis in week 1?

Soxsfan9
    Update your status
    Soxsfan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 91

I dont see why you would bench Portis, good RB will get their yards and points. I personally think that you have to play him. As well I dont see a problem carrying those three QB, wait it out a couple of weeks and you might get more value back in a trade. I personally could see Palmer having a solid year. As well play Romo early as we all know he is great in the first two months of the season and then shits the bed in the last two months of the year, maybe play him early and if Palmer/Ryan plays well move Romo for a RB.

cakasmaloy

I feel like im pretty safe when it comes with WR so I dropped chris henry and picked up Leon Washington in case he blows up...

brooks85

your welcome

leon should do big things but so will chris henry.

cakasmaloy

it wasnt an easy decision, but i can only start 3 WR and ive got Fitz, Boldin, Royal, Berrian, Santana Moss, and Nicks... dont see myself putting henry in there - agree?

brooks85

Ya id say it was a good call. Im a bungals fan lol so i gotta hope henry does big things. He averages a td in every 4.5 catches or something. Which I hope that average goes up because he will be catching more balls. Bengals Oline is iffy but I would keep an eye on henry.

I tried to get leon but I was 3 on the waiver list and another team was ahead of me and snagged him. But, he dropped ray rice(he already had mcclain), so i think ill pick him up off of waivers tomorrow.

cakasmaloy

i like that call... i think rice will have a solid season