Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Refs

Zebras in Arizona game are bought and paid for. Unreal. Never seen so many phantom calls, and all against Cards. And all crucial. They're just giving it to Seahawks (who were behind 0-14).

It started with a reviewed (!) interception that clearly was a catch (receiver was down long before defender took the ball), at the SEA 7. Then it just started raining penalties, none of which were supported by tv images. A 15 yard face mask penalty, while the hand wasn't even close to the face mask, defensive pass interference on a pure defensive play, unnecessary roughness penalties out of nowhere. This is just total bs.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-10-06 at 05:07 PM.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

This was an important pool play for me too, because I was one of few who had them.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even with/without the calls, they prevailed.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Good thing I wasnt watching this game. The Cardinals ( +3 +110 ) was my only play for today. Im glad they battled through all those calls.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very nice play Onlooker. They have been playing much better as of late.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Speaking of the refs, WTF was that roughing the passer call in the Miami game? I saw it on sportscenter highlights. Harrington has the ball, the NE lineman grabs his shirt, misses the tackle and falls down. Harrington then proceeds to throw the ball, step backward, and then falls over the lineman who is just lying there. How in the hell is that roughing the passer?

The other thing is how these refs call pass interference. They wait to see if the receiver gets up to protest and then throws the flag. Sometimes the ball is not even catchable. I really believe that all pass interference calls should be reviewable.