goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

nfl network sux

what is this crap showing games on this channel?

i don't even get it

do people pay $ for just that 1 channel or does it come in package deals?

advertisers aren't getting many viewers cause most people i know don't have it except the diehards

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

We get a thread like this everyweek after the Thursday night game.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not only does the coverage suck, but the announcers suck even worse. However, what sucked even more than those two things tonight was the game they aired

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Collinsworth is the best color man in the business. It's a shame they paired him with such a disgrace just because he has a big name, which I will not mention here.

anthon9283
    anthon9283's Avatar Become A Pro!

As a fan I think its pretty shitty they have these thursday games on the NFL network, but I guess for the business side its for the money...while pissing off fans! lol
    Last edited by anthon9283; 12-08-06 at 01:30 AM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

NFL Network is a basic channel on Directv and Dish Network. You get it like ESPN.

They have had problems negotiating with cable companies, so it's not available yet on most cable systems.

[QUOTE=goldengoat]what is this crap showing games on this channel?

i don't even get it

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Collinsworth is the best color man in the business. It's a shame they paired him with such a disgrace just because he has a big name, which I will not mention here.
    Whats really funny is Collinsworth asked for the clown....Im sorry, he didn't ask, he begged..lol

Former receiver would've passed without Gumbel
    Wednesday, December 06, 2006
    Mary Schmitt Boyer
    Plain Dealer Reporter

As far as analyst Cris Collinsworth was concerned, there was only one play-by-play man he wanted doing games with him on the NFL Network -- Bryant Gumbel.

"Basically, I begged him to do it," Collinsworth said in a television interview before the NFL Net work makes its over-the- air debut in Cleveland with the Browns game at Pittsburgh on Thursday night on WJW Channel 8. "I told him, Listen, if you're not interested in doing this, I'm not doing it either.' I just look at it as a great opportunity to work with a guy who has a bigger view of the world and a grander view of the world than what happened on third- and-10 last week in Kansas City. That's what makes it exciting.

"I know that the chemistry, the play-by-play skills, all that stuff's going to happen. But I'm not interested in doing this unless I can engage in a conversation with a guy who's smarter than I am.

"And he is."

This will be the third live game for Collinsworth and Gumbel, following Denver-Kansas City on Thanksgiving night and Baltimore-Cincinnati last Thursday. The first game, on a holiday, was seen by 5 million viewers, the most-watched show on any cable network on Thanksgiving Day. The second game was seen by 3.8 million viewers and was the highest-rated game of the week in any local market with a 42.0 rating. That means 42 percent of homes with TVs in Cincinnati watched it.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Collinsworth is like the decent looking gal who goes out with all of the chubby unattractive gals. Just makes him look that much better being paired with a worthless partner.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I think you're theory is excellent. What does Collingsworth want to be? A color man or studio host? Hard to improve on color man when he does 4 games a season.

Quote Originally Posted by clonecat
    Collinsworth is like the decent looking gal who goes out with all of the chubby unattractive gals. Just makes him look that much better being paired with a worthless partner.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Gumbel said the Seahawks would make the tournament this season. Idiot needs to realize its the playoffs

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by clonecat
    Gumbel said the Seahawks would make the tournament this season. Idiot needs to realize its the playoffs
    I just hope the people that run that network can his ass after this year, because he sucks!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

I figured this thread would get bumped or a new one started. That guy Gumbel is harsh to the ears.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

[QUOTE=Seattle Slew]NFL Network is a basic channel on Directv and Dish Network. You get it like ESPN.

They have had problems negotiating with cable companies, so it's not available yet on most cable systems.

Quote Originally Posted by goldengoat
    what is this crap showing games on this channel?

i don't even get it

"Free" on Comcast digital cable although anyone who has had the torture of dealing with that corporation knows that is somewhat of an oxymoron...

MickChunky
    Dillishaw +715!
    MickChunky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

[QUOTE=nosuzieno]
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew
    "Free" on Comcast digital cable although anyone who has had the torture of dealing with that corporation knows that is somewhat of an oxymoron...
    You're tellin' me

Jay Edgar
    Jay Edgar's Avatar Become A Pro!

Another Gumbel game in 2 days.

Someone ought to give this thread a lil' bump on Saturday afternoon, so it's ready and waiting where we can get at it.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Yea, you almost have to watch this game in mute.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Somebody should teach Gumbel the term near side/far side. Whichever side he sits on he says "this side". What a fvcking moron.

anthon9283

I was glad I got to see the game without nfl network(local team playing) but I could do without the commentating. lol
    I believe comcast offers the nfl network but you still have to pay for it. My friends has comcast digital cable and I looked last week to see if they had it but no luck.

Odrod
    Odrod's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't mind Gumbel when there are $1.50 beers at the bar where I'm watching.

Zikaris
    Zikaris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I got the game on normal cable because it was my home team playing. I must say that I'll never even think about paying money for the NFL network while they have those clowns announcing. When eric heitman got hurt they had no freakin clue who he was. All they could do is say "Larry Allen" about 400 times during that broadcast. It was obvious that they knew almost nothing about the two teams. If I had a job announcing NFL games I'd at the very least familiarize myself with the rosters of the two teams I had to announce for. To shame NFL network. To shame Collinsworth and Gumble.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

You can watch the game for free on Sopcast. There is a download there that allows you to watch it for free on any pc.

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

They all are without a doubt the most boring, unimaginative, put me to sleep commentators, I have ever seen as well as heard and I pray that none of them ever make it to the "big" market channels. They are terrible!!

rkmt
    rkmt's Avatar Become A Pro!

gumbel terminology

In regards to some of Gumbel's terminology - "make the tournament", "this side". Tonight I'm pretty sure he said Romo got the play off just ahead of the "shot clock". Tonight is brutal to listen to these guys.

bigboydan

First off, Welcome to the SBR forum rkmt

Yes, This guy is brutal to the ears. Why in the hell the NFL hired this guy is beyond all of us.

anthon9283

Quote Originally Posted by TexansFan
    You can watch the game for free on Sopcast. There is a download there that allows you to watch it for free on any pc.
    Thanks for the post, got to watch the ATL/DAL game, just had it open in windows media player though..some reason it looked better in fullscreen from that. Only thing that was irritating is that it would buffer at the crappiest times (usually right when a play starts) then you don't see anything lol. There was a few different channels and one was better than the other so just need some playing around with.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rkmt
    In regards to some of Gumbel's terminology - "make the tournament", "this side". Tonight I'm pretty sure he said Romo got the play off just ahead of the "shot clock". Tonight is brutal to listen to these guys.
    Where Dick Vitale when you need him.

kalmikrazy
    kalmikrazy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

What was up with Dick's voice. Was very irritating to hear for me but didnt have a choice. Talk about having to work when you are sick. They had no possible replacement at ALL on the NFL's own network. Did anyone else notice this???

begolf25
    begolf25's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kalmikrazy
    What was up with Dick's voice. Was very irritating to hear for me but didnt have a choice. Talk about having to work when you are sick. They had no possible replacement at ALL on the NFL's own network. Did anyone else notice this???
    It was brutal. But they did decide to relieve him in the second half and reward the viewers with an all star cast of Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk and of course Bryant Gumbell. It just gets worse every week.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Does his name rhyme with Gryant Bumble?

GUNZ-05
    GUNZ-05's Avatar Become A Pro!

NFL NETWORK IS BULLSHIT!!!! why all of a sudden we have to have some stupid network shit showing all these games..put'em back on regular cable and let everyone watch'em...this is fuckup...

ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dick's voice was getting close to sounding like one of those people who had cancer from smoking too much and have a voicebox put in their throat.

RageWizard
    RageWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!

i can understand how everybody dislikes Gumball, because he has elevated sucking to a new level. How can you guys bitch about not being able to see the game on tv. On sunday the same people who are bitching about not seeing the games on NFL network can't get at least 9 of the 13 to 14 games that are on that day. What is the deal??

anthon9283

I really think Thursday games are horrible, not only the announcers but players are never rested from the last game on Sunday. Having to play 4 days after a game is brutal and you can see it on most of those Thursday games.