imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

imgv NFL Week 14 *Plays and Writeups* (YTD: 71-53 +23.34 Units) *Last 4 Weeks 13-1*

imgv94 NFL Records:

Last 3 weeks: 13-1 +21.51 Units!!!!

Week 13: 5-0 +6.73 Units

Regular Season YTD: 71-53 +23.34 Units 57%

NFL Preseason: 13-3 +14.44 Units
    Overall NFL Record: 84-56 +37.78 Units 60%

Before I start I'd like to give some props out to a few people. Peyton2 Marvin,Checkerboard,PrimoSkillz,Bigboyda n,onlooker,nevadaside,and Happy Boy... Thanks guys for all you do!!

Now If it weren't for that stupid P.O.S that let Vince Young go in the Giants game 2 weeks back I would be undefeated for 3 weeks straight..

That loss still hurts.. Well on to week 14 where I hope to continue this streak, I already have my eyes on week 15 so consider this a week where I am somewhat looking ahead cause nothing this week really jumped out to me.. Don't get me wrong I like my plays but obviously when your top play is 1 1/2 units you aren't loving anything..

I will be the first one to say my plays scream square this week as we are taking alot of road favs and general public kind of plays. Like I have said the last 3 weeks these plays start to win at this point of the season and I believe this should be successful again.

Another thing you will notice is there is no *BIG PLAY* I pretty much like every play the same my biggest play is going to ATL but I'm afraid it's too good to be true..

O.K here are my selections this week...

1.5* ATLANTA -3 -115
    Tampa Bay is not very good versus the run last time these two teams played ATL rushed for over 300yds. Atlanta won that game 14-3 by the way.

Now motivation wise you would think ATL dominates in that factor considering they are fighting for their playoff lives and TBs season has been done for a month.

Does TB have anything life left? They've been blown out 2 straight weeks losing by a combined score of 58-13. It's been six weeks since TB has scored more than 20pts. This team is on the decline.

I would make this a bigger play but Vick scares me and the it's never easy winning two road games in a row. But just know if things go like they are suppose to ATL wins by 7 or more.. There is no reason to believe ATL won't control the line of scrimmage and time of possession considering TB weakness against the run and ATLs desire to enter the playoffs..

1* TENNESSEE TITANS +1.5 -105
    Probably a good idea to bet the Texans as I have been burned by Vince Young and co for years. I have to go with the Titans here even though it looks too easy.

Titans have won 3 straight versus above average teams
    Eagles,Giants,Colts and now they are facing a horrible Texans team who they already defeated earlier in the season 28-22..

IMO Jeff Fisher has been the coach of the year, he has this team believing in themselves and Vince Young is actually silencing alot of critics and I will admit I was one of them. He is 5-4 as a starter and has been solid in 4th QTRs all season.

The Texans are really a nothing team with a horrible offensive line. Their running backs don't even avg 4 yards a carry. The Texans won a fluke last week vs the Raiders.. They had -5 passing yards and still somehow won..

The Texans will not win two in a row IMO.. Young Fisher and Henry will find a way to win this one just like they have been doing..

1* INDIANAPOLIS COLTS -1 -105
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm afraid of this one as well but you gotta take the Colts in this one. The Jags have been jekyl and hyde all season and who knows what Jags team will be out there. The Jags can't afford any mistakes because the Colts will be focused and ready for this one after losing two out of their last three games.. Keep in mind the Colts have defeated the Jags 4 out of the last 5 times they played each other.

This game will have a playoff atmosphere and Peyton Manning thrives in this type of situation (in the regular season of course), Garrard? Um I don't know. I know alot of people I respect are taking the Jags but I just have a feeling Peyton Manning comes thru again like he usually does against the Jags and comes away with the victory.. Come on you know Manning wants Home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Are they really going to lose two in a row?

1* NE PATRIOTS -3.5 +103
    Tom Brady has a 39-5 record in the month of November. Joey Harrington is the QB for the Dolphins. Pats want Home field advantage throughout playoffs and won't overlook this game. Also Joey Harrington is the QB for the Dolphins. Belichick and Brady should figure out a way too win this game and hopefully by 3 or more. Pats will really need to limit the turnovers.

1* SEATTLE -3 -110
    This must be a square bet. The Hawks just finished beating up on the Broncos and their only 3pt fav against the Cardinals? This line makes no sense to me at all? Arizona has a horrible defense and Seattle has a extremely effective offense. No reason to believe Alexander and WRs won't have success vs this 30th ranked defense. Seattle is finally getting healthy and starting to peak at the right time. I don't think they won't to lose their momentum and blow a game to one of the bottom 3 teams in the country.. How does the Cards win?

I sure can't figure it out..

Well there you have it. Again I realize these plays are fairly square and I am going against the grain on alot of them but I see a decent 3-2 coming out this week. Well hopefully, LOL if there ever was a week to take it easy I believe this is one of them..

Like always would love feedback from you and if you would like to discuss any of the games I have going or a game you might have going yourself please feel free to chime in and let's have a conversation.

I would really like someone to talk me into a play this week I am very open to it so if you really like something let me know..

Thanks alot and may you win all your close games..

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the shout out img and best of luck to you this weekend. As you can see, I have said up a thread of my own for the titans-texans matchup. I am behind you on that game.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

IMG, thanks for the props bro... You know you are the one with the magical selections!

I am really liking the Falcons play a lot... It seemed like they finally found their way last Sunday against the DEADskins! Maybe it took them finally getting out of the Georgia Dome to take care of business... The Bucs have been absolutely terrible as of late... Gradkowski can't get anything going at all and their line is not blocking for "Cadillac."

I really don't know what to think about my Colts this weekend... I sure as hell hope they get the "W" or else they are gonna be in a world of trouble for Homefield Adv... I think Manning gets his sht together and leads Indy to a solid victory...

The only reason I can see the Seattle Arizona line as low as it is because of the Cardinals good play last week?! I mean they beat the Rams, who aren't good at all this year, but I will give them credit it was on the road and they pretty much dominated them... Seattle looks to be back on track with HASSLEDBACK and Alexander back in the lineup...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
    GREAT WRITE UPS IMGV!
    YOU ARE THE MAN!

primo_skillz

IMG, this isn't to hi-jack your thread or anything, but I know people come to this thread for a wealth of information, and I just wanted to know if anybody had any thoughts on this 10 pt. teaser: (thanks Doc Js)
    Colts +9.0
    Cincy -1.0
    Sd/Den over 32

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Thanks for the shout imgv. I like your closing wishes. It seems
    like a lot of lost units are close this year. Keep up the hot streak . . .

The ATL pick looks good, the only thing that scares me there
    is TB playing some loosey-goosey NFC South divisional spoiler
    type game. I know this is why you're trimming back on the unit size but I'm gonna think about this one a bit more . . .

The TENN pick I like. Ironically, I chart them as a non-play
    because they're a small dog. They become a play if they switch over to fav! That will probably happen. Then I'll play them. (I know that's ironic. Why not take the 1.5 instead of laying it, but I don't want to lay it till I actually see the swing). Teams that start small dog and then become small fav
    have been good to me when on ATS streaks of 3 or more
    especially (Tenn 4W ATS going in here) . . .

IND and SEA are both in an identical beware scenario for me.
    I'm not saying you shouldn't play them, but I'm glad you're
    scaling back on them. I'm going to lay off altogether on these
    two. The shared scenario is that they're both in an over-extended situation. They both played stressful 3 point games
    and now; the road. For me, it's just enough to let the play go.

I don't like NE play for one simple reason. I think they're going to win by 3 or 7 and I can't figure which. I know too that MIA sucked at home last week and have a chance to make home amends this week before going on the road next week. Whether or not they use that chance remains to be seen.

I like DAL -6.5 this week. I like them because they've been
    winning and they're at home favoured by less than a TD.
    NO won handily at home and is now on road, towards the
    end of the season I think road games get harder especially
    ones that will have a playoff atmosphere. I think Cowboys Center will be pumped. I think there's a possibility NO will be
    playing shorthanded, though not sure, anyone interested may
    want to follow the injury reports to see if an edge evolves there. I mean I could be wrong about this, but I see an edge
    with DAL as long as the PS is below 7. I've already got them for 2 units -6.5; could end up being my only play of the week though I am looking at (plug your nose here) potentially the
    Rams on Monday night, still got some 'capping to do on that one though . . .

GL this weekend . . . (Nice W last night in the IOWA interstate
    matchup, glad we cashed)
    Last edited by Checkerboard; 12-06-06 at 08:09 PM.

imgv94

Good stuff Checkboard!!! Actually great stuff..

I like Dallas but I have enough games to worry about.

Checkerboard

just learning from the masters imgv!

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by primo_skillz
    IMG, this isn't to hi-jack your thread or anything, but I know people come to this thread for a wealth of information, and I just wanted to know if anybody had any thoughts on this 10 pt. teaser: (thanks Doc Js)
    Colts +9.0
    Cincy -1.0
    Sd/Den over 32

I wish you had +10.5 in that Indy part.. Cause there isn't much difference between +7.5 and +10 considering ties lose.

I recommend Indy/JAX Over 34..

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hate your card bud The only one I will definitely be against is Tennessee, but I am looking at the other side of all four of the other games as well.

imgv94

I am going to be chilling with the public for sure this week.

I don't blame anyone for hating my card, Week 15 is the week to make $$ and probably the last week of the reg season to do such..

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

That Seattle line looks real fishy to me as well. The Seahawks were -4 with Wallace at QB on the road against SF, and now, against a worse team with Hasselback and Alexander back, they are -3.5 against Arizona?

Only reason might be Seattle has not blown anyone out all season. Lots of close games, with their FG kicker winning 4 for them this season.

Likely will stay clear, or maybe small ML play on Seattle.

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

hey IMGV thanks for the mention. like cherboard I love the titans too. will proably do a 4 unit bet on em. Gl bro.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you bet 4 units on the Titans you will not be hAPPY bOY

ChrisV
    ChrisV's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the card img...I am also feelin' rather square this week and have a similiar card going, with smaller bets on a big chunk of games because I also don't see a real solid for sure pick but I have these strong leans. I got the NE at -3, the line must have fallen on that. And my Tenn is at +1.

I played one game in addition being New Orleans +7.5. I may also play moneyline in that game because it is at +300 right now! I think Dallas is now getting a tad over-rated, and should only be a 3 or 4 favorite at home vs a solid and also hot Saints team.

Checkerboard

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94
    I am going to be chilling with the public for sure this week.

I don't blame anyone for hating my card, Week 15 is the week to make $$ and probably the last week of the reg season to do such..
    imgv, what is it in particular that you like about week 15 as
    a stand-out week to make money. Is it because the playoff
    scenarios make for more predictable motivational assessments?

imgv94

I've just always loved and have had success during Week 15.

Also have looked at schedule and the matchups look tempting!! Should be a great week..

Lots of motivation going on in week 15 and this year more than ever it seems.. WHEW!!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

With your hot streak going in the NFL, Im sorry to say Im on the Cardinals this week. I think that will be my only play on Sunday. Good luck on the rest of the games IMG.

imgv94

Wow you have faith in the Cards? Only thing that scares me about the Hawks is they might be looking ahead..

mandy
    mandy's Avatar Become A Pro!

imgv nice run, but razz i'm with you. i don"t like any of these games. but you are hot so good luck

primo_skillz

Keep up the good work img!

imgv94

I don't blame anyone for not liking my games. But don't be surprised if this week is very public..

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

I wish you the best of luck. Sadly if you have a bad Sunday that means I most likely had a good one because I have different sides.

Anyways I like your write-ups because they gave some good info, but one thing I disagree with is "teams packing it in for the season." In my opinion, this rarely happens. These are professional players with professional coaches and most of the time they continue to play until the season's end. Not always though.

Looks like a big week, you could finish off a great season with a bang.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

I do like New England.

imgv94

I am either going 3-2 or 2-3.. No big deal.

GL everyone..

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

imgv
    nice ! im right there with ya on the titans and falcons!
    the best of luck to all of us

imgv94

Here is my leans in case your interested:

Jets -3.5
    Balt +3

Have a little on those as well..

josebla89
    josebla89's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey IMG what you think of my kc -2.5 pick

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Hey Bro...best of luck this week. I may play one game (houston) got a lot to do today but really I am with Razz on this one. Well your record shows you know what you are doing though....good luck.

imgv94

ADDING:

1* Teaser
    DALLAS -1
    CHIC -1/2

Trying to win for the week.. GL Everyone!!

primo_skillz

BOL bro!

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY
    hey IMGV thanks for the mention. like cherboard I love the titans too. will proably do a 4 unit bet on em. Gl bro.
    Happy 4 Units to you Happy Boy! Way to go! Glad I wasn't the only one to see that TENN was the play today.....along with a few others.

imgv94

Teaser= DUMB PLAY was just chasing my -0.65 in losses.. LOL.

TODAY 2-4 -1.75 Units
    YTD: 73-57 +21.59 Units

Well looks like week 15 will offer some great oppourtunities. Thanks to everyone for all the support shown throughout the week

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

The only one I was happy you lost, was the Seahawks.

Lets move on to Week 15. Hey, remember to put your plays in before Saturday morning, for BTP.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

That chasing thing sounds all too familiar with me in the damn NFL.....hell, I can't even keep track of my "dumb" plays. You'll kill'em next week though!
    Sounds like you've got some winners lined up for week15 imgv....lets get'em go'in.
    Early discussions or listings by you tomorrow or what?