SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Phil Steele: Jump on Jags +1 at Dolphins

Jump on Jags +1 at Dolphins

Game Time: 12/3/2006 4:15:00 PM

By: Phil Steele
    Football picks NFL Picks sports gambling Baseball picks college football picks basketball picks odds

Look for Jacksonville to pull off the outright win Sunday when the Jaguars travel across Florida to Miami to meet the Dolphins.

This is a poor spot for the Jaguars who are off a MNF game vs the Giants and a road trip to Buffalo, and now have to face a rested Dolphins team without three of the five core players on the Jacksonville defense (MLB Mike Peterson, DE Reggie Hayward & S Donovin Darius).

The Dolphins are expected to be without RB Ronnie Brown here as he broke his hand vs Detroit. The Jags have the #9 & #4 units over the last four weeks vs the Dolphins with the #18 & #7 units here. Miami has been riding their defense and the improved play of Joey Harrington who has been a very effective game manager in the 4-game winning streak, passing for 201 ypg (58%) with a 7-4 ratio (79.5 QBR).

Miami beat Detroit 27-10 on national TV last Thursday and a 395-220 yard edge vs a team that is simply one of the worst in the NFL over the last three years. The Jags are off a misleading final vs Buffalo in which they had 10-4 FD and 140-93 yard edges in the second half. But Buffalo converted a turnover into a TD and added an 82-yd punt return for a TD for the win.

Last week’s results provide solid line value as it shifted 5 points in the Jags' favor and we’ll make them our 'ugly dog' play here (6-1 ATS last seven).

Forecast: Jacksonville-17 Miami-14

Play: Jaguars +1

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think i'm the only one here liking the fish this weekend.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe on the forums, but everyone I have talked with localy loves Miami.

Hoja Verdes
    Broncos Under 7.5 Wins -105
    Hoja Verdes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

I guess I like the 'ugly dog' angle in this game. Fred Taylor and Bowling Ball Jones-Drew will perform as usual, I just wonder if Garrard can complete a couple 40 yard passes. I thought he looked mediocre at best last week, and I watched the replay of the Bills game again Tuesday night to be sure.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14473

Not so phast Phil, my fin's on the 'phins and I'm not even a phan . . .