Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

NFL Madden 13 simulation predicts 27-24 Raven victory

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...143021478.html

Anyone else see this? I always remembered Madden having a decent track record for Super Bowl predictions. Makes me a little easier on my Ravens +4. I set myself up that I break even if they cover the number and profit only if they win SU so I really hope this is right again.

Ravens

Maverick22
    Maverick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

The problem with these madden simulations is they don't accurately account for the San Fran offense.

Madden doesn't run have a read option used like San Fran and the Redskins use. Trust me... I looked.

The game does have a few read option plays, but if you think the computer is running them like Kaepernick is... you are kidding yourself.

I say all that to say... I can't trust a prediction that isn't actually playing the game like the real players do. Just my two cents

SparJMU
    SparJMU's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7523

Madden doesn't have the pistol in the SF playbook, but they do have the same read option plays in shotgun that SF uses. And you would be surprised how well the computer can run the read option when that DE bites.

Either way.....the Madden simulation concept sounds pretty stupid but it is 7-2 since it began and margin of victory has been extremely close to the actual result. You could argue the sample size of 9 is way too small, but its still kind of cool.

Matt1144

Yes I have read somewhere that this year's game doesn't have the same sort of offense for the Niners (specifically the pistol). I have played the game but I don't remember how each exact team was setup.

And oh yea I definitely agree on the fact that it is just a game and real life is different. However, games these days get more and more realistic and the track record and margin of error is crazy close. Just food for thought. It's always fun to look at something even as crazy as a video game prediction to lighten the mood while people bicker about results during the biggest week gambling of football of the year.

SoonerC
    SoonerC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 946

I got it 27-23 but they are close.

Kira
    Just as planned
    Kira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

1 thing for sure : it will be a close game

Matt1144

Final score a 3 point spread. Off by a td for each team (you can argue that 7 points for the Ravens could come from that crazy freak kick return by Jones). Still had the underdog winning either way and now they're 8-2. Not bad