frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Superbowl, Had Shanahan and Cutler stayed in Denver

5 years later and I'm still wondering? Back in 2008 Shanahan had the #1 offense in the NFL before getting fired after missing the playoffs at 9-7. Jay Cutler was only in his 3rd year and getting better. The offense had a bunch of young studs then with Brandon Marshall, Tony Scheffler, Eddie Royal, and a young offensive line. The Broncos were basically a good defensive fixed away from being a serious Superbowl Contender.

GoATL
    GoATL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    5 years later and I'm still wondering? Back in 2008 Shanahan had the #1 offense in the NFL before getting fired after missing the playoffs at 9-7. Jay Cutler was only in his 3rd year and getting better. The offense had a bunch of young studs then with Brandon Marshall, Tony Scheffler, Eddie Royal, and a young offensive line. The Broncos were basically a good defensive fixed away from being a serious Superbowl Contender.
    i live in co but ATL fan first bronco fan 2nd. I agree Shanahan should never have left but Peyton is a huge step up from cutler. 3 qbs that will never win a sb...rivers, romo, and cutler and others but those 3 r not going to do it. Broncos are on the right track but must do it soon.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Bringing Peyton to Denver reminds me of Joe Montana going to KC. KC went 2-2 with Montana in the playoffs.

Denver should have stuck it out with Shanny and Cutler. Both have a brighter future than Peyton and Fox.