BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Quote Originally Posted by RayzHELL View Post
    You are engaging in hyperbole to get more replies. Atlanta is a solid team. Vegas odds have them as only 3 1/2 point dogs. One tipped interception could be the difference and they could win.
    If you go by opening ML on Pinny, comes out to the 49ers winning the game SU 6 out of 10 times. Then gotta figure in the 3.5 but sure turnovers are almost always a factor.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

i know 28 teams that would KILL to be in atlanta's position right now

hosting the conference championship game in their home stadium

no way you can knock the falcons

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

See you next week dirty birds, the truth is rolling into town.. Don't be rude and make sure you send Carroll some chocolates or gift cards

GoATL
    GoATL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

You are full of shit. You obviously lost money on the Falcons else you would not be so pissed that they are moving on. Ryan 34-6 record at home. Yeah he is a major fraud. What do you care anyway the eagles have been on the golf course for the last 2 weeks? Michael Vick now there is a FRAUD!!!!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ZetaPsi808

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I do not want to sway anyone's opinion of Matt Ryan one way or another, but he threw a couple of good passes in desperation mode, nothing more.

Matt Ryan has a good arm and is dang good QB in the NFL. No surprise, he made those throws to put them in fg position, but for whatever reason NFL qb loves that scenario. Truly because of the no expectation aspect of it - they all seem to thrive. I'm talking Cutler, Romo, Garrard, Bradford, Palmer, Culpepper. And they all do it better seemingly when down as opposed to the tie game.
    Maybe cause the defense is too relaxed, don't know what they want to do - or maybe it is just sports - where it is really hard to close sometimes.
    But rest assured, Matt didn't show me much personally, although I can see if you are excited that the drive might have eased his tension a little bit and you won't have to see his deer in the headlights face as often.

Any significant td drive in the 2nd half would have told me more personally, but they were up and the situation hardly presented itself.

Then again, they were supposedly playing conservative and he threw that awful td.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GoATL View Post
    You are full of shit. You obviously lost money on the Falcons else you would not be so pissed that they are moving on. Ryan 34-6 record at home. Yeah he is a major fraud. What do you care anyway the eagles have been on the golf course for the last 2 weeks? Michael Vick now there is a FRAUD!!!!
    Fukk out with your bullshit. Anyone who even remotely followed my threads knows how much I backed Seattle.

Yes, Atlanta is a fraud. You'll see this weekend when they lose. Then what is their excuse going to be?

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Matty Meltdown struck again yesterday.

He is now 1-4 all-time in the playoffs.

Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons are total frauds.

Enough said.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Like I was saying in this thread lol.. Sharp post

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 304

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFlyers View Post
    Matty Meltdown struck again yesterday.

He is now 1-4 all-time in the playoffs.

Matt Ryan and the Atlanta Falcons are total frauds.

Enough said.
    How come a team who is +4 on the spread and loses by 4 points is a total fraud? Frauds are the Patriots who were -9 favs and lost by 15 points.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How come a team who is +4 on the spread and loses by 4 points is a total fraud? Frauds are the Patriots who were -9 favs and lost by 15 points.
    Pavy

Are you serious with this post? I know your a falcons fans bro but what the fukk?

Matt Ryan and Atlanta have gone 11-5, 9-7, 13-3, 10-6, and 13-3. They have never finished below 2nd place in the division since Ryan's been there.

Yet, in all of these glory years for the falcons they have just one playoff win to show for it.

That is what is meant by total fraud. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs and zero Super Bowl appearances. Not even an appearance let alone a win.

F-R-A-U-D.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Pavy

Are you serious with this post? I know your a falcons fans bro but what the fukk?

Matt Ryan and Atlanta have gone 11-5, 9-7, 13-3, 10-6, and 13-3. They have never finished below 2nd place in the division since Ryan's been there.

Yet, in all of these glory years for the falcons they have just one playoff win to show for it.

That is what is meant by total fraud. Home field advantage throughout the playoffs and zero Super Bowl appearances. Not even an appearance let alone a win.

F-R-A-U-D.
    When was the last time the Chiefs, Raiders, Bills and a bunch of other teams had 5 winning seasons in a row?

How many QB's do you know that started their careers with 5 winning seasons?

How many playoff games did Tom Brady lose since 2006?

Matt Ryan has played in more playoff games than Dan Marino who is in the Hall Of Fame.

Enough with the frauds. Just admit it you are a Falcons hater and no matter what they achieve you will still hate them.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 01-21-13 at 04:12 PM.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

When was the last time the Chiefs, Raiders, Bills and a bunch of other teams had 5 winning seasons in a row.

How many QB's do you know that started their careers with 5 winning seasons?

How many playoff games did Tom Brady lose since 2006?

Matt Ryan has played in more playoff games than Dan Marino who is in the Hall Of Fame.

Enough with the frauds. Just admit it you are a Falcons hater and no matter what they achieve you will still hate them.
    Pavy

1) This conversation isn't about the Raiders, Chiefs, or Bills. They are winning teams and no one expects shit from them. Atlanta is different.

2) Since 2006, Brady has played in 4 Conference Championship games and 2 Super Bowls. Meanwhile, Ryan has won exactly one playoff game--this year.

3) Matt Ryan has a far better supporting cast around him than Marino did and still has done less with more.

4) Not a falcons hater, just speaking the truth.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Your problem is you are ignoring all his achievements and focusing on the playoffs. He has a 72% lifetime winning percentage. Do you know how many QB's have better winning percentage currently in the NFL? 3..Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning.

If he was a fraud he wouldn't make the playoffs. Colt McCoy is a fraud, Cam Newton is a fraud, Mark Sanchez is a fraud, Sam Bradford is a fraud, Jay Cutler is a fraud, Matthew Stafford is a fraud, Philips Rivers is a fraud, Alex Smith is a fraud..the list goes on and on.

What did Brady do yesterday after he lost his RB? Nothing

Falcons played 3 quarters without their #1 RB yesterday and almost pulled the win at the end.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Your problem is you are ignoring all his achievements and focusing on the playoffs. He has a 72% lifetime winning percentage. Do you know how many QB's have better winning percentage currently in the NFL? 3..Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning.

If he was a fraud he wouldn't make the playoffs. Colt McCoy is a fraud, Cam Newton is a fraud, Mark Sanchez is a fraud, Sam Bradford is a fraud, Jay Cutler is a fraud, Matthew Stafford is a fraud, Philips Rivers is a fraud, Alex Smith is a fraud..the list goes on and on.
    Pavy

You are so full of shit you have it coming out of your ears my friend.

I am not ignoring his achievements. He hasn't achieved much and that's the problem.

Do people say Donovan McNabb was one of the greatest QBs who ever lived because of all he achieved?

Hell no they don't and you know why? Because he didn't achieve shit and the Eagles were the best team in that conference for many years that he was their QB.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Name one person that called Donovan McNabb or Dan Marino a fraud?

James D
    James D's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pavy

Do people say Donovan McNabb was one of the greatest QBs who ever lived because of all he achieved?

Hell no they don't and you know why? Because he didn't achieve shit and the Eagles were the best team in that conference for many years that he was their QB.

You argued that Matt Ryan was a FRAUD. Then when people argue that point your response is ( paraphrasing) " Do people say McNabb was one of the greatest QB's who ever lived? No because he didn't win the big game when he had a great team around him"

Pavy was arguing against your completely inaccurate "matt ryan is a fraud" comment. In one post he used the word fraud nine times, clearly that was your argument. Then you debate his point by saying things about "being the greatest ever" No one ever said Ryan was in that discussion. I am sure Pavy would not have argued that point. However you attempted to put him in the fraud category which is a different category altogether is what is being debated.

Frauds by the way are guys like,

Heath Shuler
    JaMarcus Russell
    Ryan Leaf
    Todd Marinovich

Putting Ryan there is ridiculous

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    You argued that Matt Ryan was a FRAUD. Then when people argue that point your response is ( paraphrasing) " Do people say McNabb was one of the greatest QB's who ever lived? No because he didn't win the big game when he had a great team around him"

Pavy was arguing against your completely inaccurate "matt ryan is a fraud" comment. In one post he used the word fraud nine times, clearly that was your argument. Then you debate his point by saying things about "being the greatest ever" No one ever said Ryan was in that discussion. I am sure Pavy would not have argued that point. However you attempted to put him in the fraud category which is a different category altogether is what is being debated.

Frauds by the way are guys like,

Heath Shuler
    JaMarcus Russell
    Ryan Leaf
    Todd Marinovich

Putting Ryan there is ridiculous
    I put Ryan AND the falcons in there as frauds. They are. Shuler, Russell, Leaf, and Marinovich got drafted by shit teams who never bothered to put real talent around them. Russell was just a piece of shit but aside from him you can blame the organizations they were a part of just as much as you can them.

Ryan is different. Atlanta put talent around him. They haven't had a losing season since he's been their QB. In a way, he might be a bigger fraud than the people on your list (except Russell). One playoff win so far for his career and that came this year for a team whose fans have Super Bowl expectations and were the Conference Champions that had home field advantage all the way through the playoffs and still couldn't get the job done.

I'll say it again. Total frauds.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

What an idiot. Probably had San Fran -4.5 yesterday.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Dwight Howard is a fraud. They put players around him like Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash and Pau Gasol and he still can't win!

Derrick Rose is a fraud. They put players around him and he can't win in the playoffs!

Father
    Called teasers for a reason
    Father's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

I don't think Rose has much around him.

Neither does Dwight, but he still sucks lol... How can you not shoot free throws? I can shoot free throws as good as him.

I don't think Ryan is that good though. He isn't a fraud either lol...I think OP was tilting hard when he made this.

James D

I put Ryan AND the falcons in there as frauds. They are. Shuler, Russell, Leaf, and Marinovich got drafted by shit teams who never bothered to put real talent around them. Russell was just a piece of shit but aside from him you can blame the organizations they were a part of just as much as you can them.

Ryan is different. Atlanta put talent around him. They haven't had a losing season since he's been their QB. In a way, he might be a bigger fraud than the people on your list (except Russell). One playoff win so far for his career and that came this year for a team whose fans have Super Bowl expectations and were the Conference Champions that had home field advantage all the way through the playoffs and still couldn't get the job done.

I'll say it again. Total frauds.

So now you are explaining why guys like Leaf, Marinovich, Shuler had reasons for their failures but Ryan has none. Wow. Thats pretty incredible.

I think Ryans problem was he doesnt also play defensive back or safety. that way he can protect the 17+ point lead he gave his team in BOTH playoff games this year that the defense squandered.

He only orchestrated a last minute game saving drive in one of those two games, you are right he is a total fraud. Maybe he should hire Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, or Heath Shuler as his QB coach for the summer so he can learn from those guys.

Father
    Called teasers for a reason
    Father's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Quote Originally Posted by James D View Post
    So now you are explaining why guys like Leaf, Marinovich, Shuler had reasons for their failures but Ryan has none. Wow. Thats pretty incredible.

I think Ryans problem was he doesnt also play defensive back or safety. that way he can protect the 17+ point lead he gave his team in BOTH playoff games this year that the defense squandered.

He only orchestrated a last minute game saving drive in one of those two games, you are right he is a total fraud. Maybe he should hire Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, or Heath Shuler as his QB coach for the summer so he can learn from those guys.
    It's not onlt the D fault that they blew a lead though. Twice. They scored 0 points in the 2nd half.

James D

Quote Originally Posted by Father View Post
    It's not onlt the D fault that they blew a lead though. Twice. They scored 0 points in the 2nd half.
    They didnt score in 2nd half of the last game, the previous game they scored 10 points in 2nd half. Brady and the pats also did not score in 2nd half this weekend, it happens sometimes and like brady and co, they went home because of it.

I think Ryan is a top half of QB's in the league, not top five or anything. But a fraud? Which was the topic of this thread. No chance.

First 12