Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

We will see next year. I was thinking about this last night and "elite" QBs dont have stretches of games where they play below average.

Tom Brady never has 2 bad games in a row. I think Flaccos "elite" status is still being decided. If Tom Brady has a garbage year, he is still elite. If Flacco has a garbage year then it was all a fluke.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any QB. that makes it to the playoffs every single year of his young 5 year career,

along with 3 championship appearances,

a 1-0 Superbowl record,

spells ELITE in anyone's book.........

ScurvyPirate
    ScurvyPirate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Elite is a big word! That is reserved for Brady, Rodgers, Brees, Manning. I cant put him in that group yet. Certainly was a stud this playoff season though and will get paid.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

He is not Elite as theres only 5-6 elite QBs in the league. His probably in the second tier though.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    He is not Elite as theres only 5-6 elite QBs in the league. His probably in the second tier though.
    Tell that to the man that has to sign his Check next season...........

Shafted69
    Green Shoots 2021
    Shafted69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1693

Joe Flacco will have an elite bank account come next season.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I'll say this about Flacco - he had a playoff run that I'd put up against any other QB to play the game. Aside from his ability to be a stud in the playoffs is about all he has going for him as far as where he ranks in the top QB pecking order. I'd put him over say Matt Ryan. That doesn't put him in the top 5 QBs in the game today. He's really uneven in the regular season, which is my biggest knock on him. Elite? Heck no. I bet if Baltimore put the 15 mil tag on him, no one would try to sign him and give up 2 #1 picks. Would you do that for the real elite QBs in the NFL? Yes. Flacco? You'd be mental to do that - but in all fairness, again, he had an all time great playoff run.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by GunShard View Post
    covers.com/pageLoader/pageLoader.aspx?page=/data/nfl/results/2011-2012/boxscore29443.html
    LOL - that's the first thing I thought of.
    Quite possibly the worst game I've ever watched.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16714

He is not elite. He is elite in his own mind.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

He's not different than Eli Manning and Rothliesberger. Have the hardware but nowhere in the All-time passing stats, you need both regular season and playoffs stats to be elite. Unless you want to put Doug Williams and Mark Rypien that category.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

ravens should not resign him. he will never win another superbowl with them again. they need to find someone to be a transition qb while they rebuild the old defense. balty will be shit for years now.

First 12