pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

The Falcons are gonna absolutely destroy the Seahawks

This isn't the 11-5 Seahawks vs the 13-3 Falcons.

This is the 7-0 (their only home loss was meaningless) home Falcons vs the 3-5 road Seahawks.

I don't care how loud it is when Seattle's at home...THEY'RE NOT AT HOME.

The Falcons are the best home team in the league.

The Seahawks have a rookie qb.

I told everyone yesterday that without Rodgers and Kapernick, the 49ers are 20 points better than the Packers.

The Falcons, similarly, have a better team. Take away Lynch and Turner (Seahawks only advantage), and the Falcons are 20 points better than the Seahawks.

Who wants this game more? A team with 3 straight playoff losses...

Who did the Falcons lose to in the playoffs? 3 Hall of fame qbs who went to the Super Bowl (ELi, Warner, Rodgers).

Falcons win today by double digits....best bet since bama vs Catholic school girls last week....

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3277

Don't be so sure. This is an ATL team that barely beat OAK and Carolina at home this year. Leaning towards ATL getting the monkey off their back, but think it will be close.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Don't be so sure. This is an ATL team that barely beat OAK and Carolina at home this year. Leaning towards ATL getting the monkey off their back, but think it will be close.

They were in cruise control the second half of the season...ATL is gonna dance on Seattle...ATL's defense is amazing at home...and the Texans are also gonna show up today....Texans Pats will be close, while Seattle will not hang with Atlanta.

dnwjdl
    dnwjdl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

If you look at the statistics only, ATL might be the obvious choice. I wish capping was that easy. You also have to take intangibles into consideration and my gut feeling is that SEA would win this game. SEA +3 is the play. Even if SEA loses, they won't lose by no more than 3 pts.

Kyle_Fitta
    Kyle_Fitta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Falcons have the better team? They had a .422 strength of schedule, opposed to the Seahawk's .504 SOS. The Seahawks also have a way better defense than the Falcons, as they only give up 15 points per game. The Falcons are also vulnerable on defense against the run, plus they haven't faced a running back like Lynch this year. In addition, I believe the Seahawks have proven that their road woes are becoming non-existent. They defeated the Bears and Redskins on the road. Most times the hotter team wins; the Seahawks are the hotter team and that's for sure. And lastly, it's not sour grapes if it has merit and what I'm talking about is the Falcons' playoff woes. 0-3 with Mike Smith and Matt Ryan. I think it's very bold, if not illogical, to call the Falcons the way better team.

The Seahawks are going to be able to be balanced on offense. Lynch should tear up the Falcons run defense, setting up play-action with Russell Wilson (who can also take off as well). Meanwhile, the Falcons are going to be one-dimensional on offense. They will not run the ball effectively on the Seahawks, which means they're going to have to drop back and pass against the best secondary in the NFL. The Seahawks are the more well-rounded team and they have too many intangibles for the Falcons to stop.
    Last edited by Kyle_Fitta; 01-13-13 at 07:22 AM.

Bigh2001
    Bigh2001's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

Their home schedule was pathetic this year outside of Denver early in the season when Denver wasnt playing well. As someone else mentioned they struggled at home with Carolina, Oakland and Arizona. Should have lost to the raiders and Carolina but for fluke plays. They also had a terribly weak schedule and are poor at defending mobile QBs. I think Seattle wins by a FG.

Dogball
    Dogball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Good win Yday, today atlanta does not cover

bh9889
    bh9889's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 449

Lol all you Seattle backers are funny. HOME field advantage DOES matter A LOT in the PLAYOFFS. So here's a look at Seattles away games this year. The convincing road win they had was against the Bills LMAO.

Arizon L 20-16
    St. Louis L 19-13
    Carolina W 16-12
    San Fran L 13-6
    Detroit L 28-24
    Miami L 24-21
    Chicago W 23-17 OT
    Buffalo W 50-17

Enough said.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by bh9889 View Post
    Lol all you Seattle backers are funny. HOME field advantage DOES matter A LOT in the PLAYOFFS. So here's a look at Seattles away games this year. The convincing road win they had was against the Bills LMAO.

Arizon L 20-16
    St. Louis L 19-13
    Carolina W 16-12
    San Fran L 13-6
    Detroit L 28-24
    Miami L 24-21
    Chicago W 23-17 OT
    Buffalo W 50-17

Enough said.
    somehow you left last week's road game out
    and that's the most important one !

bh9889

^^^If RG3 was healthy that whole game, Hawks don't win. That simple.

bh9889

Falcons handled Washington with a HEALTHY RG3

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

this is football, son ! Puttin the hurt on ! Seattle defense is frikkin ELITE

you know i think i just talked myself into taking Seattle.
    Pete Carroll is one of the best coaches in the league
    his story is in the process of being written, mark it !

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

^ it mattered a ton for peyton and co last night right?

bh9889

^^^Big difference in playing in a Dome buddy. Also another example of the time zone effect. ATL is a long way from Seattle and the Hawks organization screwed up big time when they decided not to utilize the facilities on the east coast.

bh9889

Also defensive and offensive coordinators are interviewing for head coaching jobs.

bh9889

O yea, and the Ravens are a little better road team. Not to mention an experienced QB and veterans.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post

This is the 7-0 (their only home loss was meaningless) home Falcons vs the 3-5 road Seahawks.

I told everyone yesterday that without Rodgers and Kapernick, the 49ers are 20 points better than the Packers.

The Falcons, similarly, have a better team. Take away Lynch and Turner (Seahawks only advantage), and the Falcons are 20 points better than the Seahawks.

Who did the Falcons lose to in the playoffs? 3 Hall of fame qbs who went to the Super Bowl (ELi, Warner, Rodgers).

Falcons win today by double digits....best bet since bama vs Catholic school girls last week....
    you poor poor fool

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3277

That's open for Debate.

bh9889

Seattle gonna feel like their playing at 9 in the morning lol

Kyle_Fitta

I believe Seattle is a different team now. Remember, too, it took RGIII to get hurt for the Falcons to beat the Redskins before the Redskins hit their hot streak. The Seahawks proved against the Bears and Redskins that they can bring their show on the road. Falcons might be 7-1 at home, but the only quality win was vs the Broncos in week two. And the only reason they won that game was because Manning struggled early on. Once he got going, they were on their heals, trying to do everything to protect their lead. It's safe to say Manning was a little rusty too and so was his chemistry with his team. They didn't hit their stride until the middle of the season, around the same time Manning stopped throwing woobly throws and started throwing that tight spiral we are used to. The Seahawks are the road-warrior team this year. It's unfortunate that people are going to fall in another trap by backing the Falcons, a team that has let the public down in the past a lot. Good thing I never believed in them from the get go.

bh9889

I'm just saying. It's -EV to bet against a team that is DYING for a playoff win. Seriously, how could any of you take Seattle in this spot? If you think Atlanta will come out flat because of a bye week you're dead wrong.

Kyle_Fitta

It's not flat. Many people, including I, believe the Seahawks are the better team. And honestly, I trust a team who's 4-5 on the road more than a team who has laid goose eggs in the playoffs for three years.

Also, how is the running back position the Seahawks only advantage? Are you implying the Falcons have a better defense, because no statistic proves that whatsoever. I'd also say the Seahawks have a better offensive line, better on special teams, and have a better coaching staff.
    Last edited by Kyle_Fitta; 01-13-13 at 08:35 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by pouyasophy View Post

i like it!!!! lets get this baby that dome gonna be hype

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

LOL....that record also show they didnt lose ONE road game by more than a possesion....now THAT is FUCKKN IMPRESSIVE

nj1035
    Update your status
    nj1035's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2118

I don't think it's a blowout, but I think ATL by 7.

Kyle_Fitta

Home or not, the Seattle Seahawks have beaten the Patriots, Packers, Niners, Cowboys, Vikings, Redskins, and Bears. The Falcons have beaten the Broncos, Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins.

Black Hills
    Black Hills's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 544

Falcons handled Washington with a HEALTHY RG3
    That's not entirely true....RG3 was knocked un conscience in the second half of that game and Washington was in a good spot to win that game when he went out.

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by dnwjdl View Post
    If you look at the statistics only, ATL might be the obvious choice. I wish capping was that easy. You also have to take intangibles into consideration and my gut feeling is that SEA would win this game. SEA +3 is the play. Even if SEA loses, they won't lose by no more than 3 pts.
    I could be wrong. It's the NFL and this is gambling...but there's no way Seattle has more than a 20% chance of winning this. Atlanta has been hearing that they can't win a playoff game for 3 years and Seattle has 0 advantages except special teams. ATL has 3 weapons to throw to, a very underrated defense, the home crowd, an extra week to prepare, anger from 3 years of choking, they're playing a rookie qb, etc...

I know everyone will laugh at this, but I think ATL is going to the SB. I have been waiting for this for months. I'm not from Atlanta and I have no bias toward the Falcons, although I do think Outkast is the best rap group ever, but I just think this ATL team is ready to at least beat Seattle, and quite easily.

shookid
    shookid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1958

^^ you lost by thinking outkast is rap group.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Fitta View Post
    Home or not, the Seattle Seahawks have beaten the Patriots, Packers, Niners, Cowboys, Vikings, Redskins, and Bears. The Falcons have beaten the Broncos, Cowboys, Giants, and Redskins.
    That packers win says it all.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

two words... richard sherman.

ok two more.... marshawn lynch.

matt ryan is lucky, he's really not a very good qb. hes blessed to have the o-line he does and a very good set of recievers and hof TE. his deep ball is just a lob up that roddy white or julio jones usually come down with.

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    LOL....that record also show they didnt lose ONE road game by more than a possesion....now THAT is FUCKKN IMPRESSIVE
    So Seahawks losing close games to bad teams is a postive and Falcons winning close games to bad teams is a negative?

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by shookid View Post
    ^^ you lost by thinking outkast is rap group.
    Oh really? Outkast isn't a rap group? So what is outkast? a board game?

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Fitta View Post
    It's not flat. Many people, including I, believe the Seahawks are the better team. And honestly, I trust a team who's 4-5 on the road more than a team who has laid goose eggs in the playoffs for three years.

Also, how is the running back position the Seahawks only advantage? Are you implying the Falcons have a better defense, because no statistic proves that whatsoever. I'd also say the Seahawks have a better offensive line, better on special teams, and have a better coaching staff.
    i agree. i believe seattle is the better team and they win SU

pouyasophy

Quote Originally Posted by BMoreBird View Post
    two words... richard sherman.

ok two more.... marshawn lynch.

matt ryan is lucky, he's really not a very good qb. hes blessed to have the o-line he does and a very good set of recievers and hof TE. his deep ball is just a lob up that roddy white or julio jones usually come down with.
    So because Matt Ryan isn't a "very good qb," the Seahawks will win? I never said Matt Ryan was very good, but he's solid. He has underrated weapons, an underrated coach, a home crowd, and he's playing a very average team with a lot of hype. This is a quality value play in my opinion, but who knows....

123 Last