C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

My picks are the Falcons/Packers/Patriots/Denver and I was 4-0 last week.

Patriots/Houston
    Patriots are flat out the better team. Houston's secondary can't cover the Patriots receivers and we saw that in the regular season. I think a team is in trouble when they have to "run the ball to keep the ball out of the other team's quarterback's hands". That should tell you something in a quarterback league. Pick Patriots.

Denver/Baltimore
    Peyton Manning has been surgical this year. He has probably the best defense he's had in his career. One of the better offensive lines of his career. He's MADE/Developed his 2 receivers. Flacco has one of the top 3 strongest arms in the league but he's not that good yet and he doesn't have that killer instinct. The Ravens defense hasn't been nearly as good this year. I think it was very stupid to fire cam cameron this late in the year for Caldwell. Pick Denver.

Packers/49ers
    Colin Kaepernick has tremendous pressure on him. He's at home and he's expected to win. Alex Smith took the niners to the NFC championship last year and Alex Smith beat this Packers team in Lambeau earlier this year. Colin is young and HAS to have a good game. The 49ers are the better overall team this year but a perfect throw beats perfect coverage. I like how the Packers are trending up latter in the year and I think it's too much pressure for Kaepernick. I'm going with the reigning NFL MVP to win on the road in this one. Pick Green Bay

Falcons/Seahawks
    Mat Ryan also has a ton of pressure on him but so do the Falcons. They are sick and tired of hearing how they can't win in the playoffs. No matter who #1 seed Atlanta played in their first playoff game I was ready to take them. I think Atlanta would beat anybody in this game and certainly Seattle who has had trouble on the road. If this game was in Seattle I think the Hawks would blow them out due to the favorable match up but Matty Ice wins in the dirty. The Seahawks are a trendy team and they are a horrible match up for Atlanta but Atlanta gets it done.

I like Atlanta's coaching staff. Dirk Cutter has mixed formations this year to simplify the offense and make it user friendly for the QB. He's done a very good job calling plays. I am no Mike Nolan fan but look at the turnovers this Atlanta defense created this year. Look at how they made Peyton Manning look foolish early in the year to the point that people that he would fail this year.

Seattle on the other hand is traveling across the country and having their coaches interviewed for jobs. Now they got to the dirty early and I think it's just a big distraction. Atlanta is getting no respect and they will win.

Players with the most pressure on them
    1. Colin Kaepernick
    2. Matt Ryan - Falcons in general
    3. Petyon Manning

The league really wants to see a Manning/Brady bowl AFC championship. Expect the Broncos/Patriots to win and expect the calls to go their way this weekend to make it an uphill battle for the Ravens/Houston.

Atlanta is a disrespected #1 seed but it will be extremely difficult to make it to the super bowl. The playoffs or the tournament is match up driven and the Falcons match up horribly against SF and Seattle and Aaron Rodgers smoked them a couple years ago. I think the Falcons win 1 game but just 1 game.

The Packers are not as good this year as they were last year but they are trending up. They are NOT as good of a team as SF overall but this is a quarterback league and Rodgers is way better than anybody in the NFC. Harris is a good RB and this team looks like the 2010 team that was trending up late in the year.

C-Gold

New England @ Denver next week is the super bowl. I think we see Packers/Patriots in the real super bowl.

The AFC is going to be 1 of 2 teams where as the NFC will be much harder to predict. Any of the 4 teams could make it but I will take the uptrending packers team with the MVP quarterback in a quarterback league. Atlanta doesn't match up well with the other teams but they do have homefield advantage where Matt Ryan plays much better and has an amazing record. SF has the most overall talent but the young QB and head coach have tremendous pressure on them. Seattle is the trendy team but they will have to do it on the road and you are asking a rookie to win 3 games on the road which is unheard of. GB has done it before. If Green Bay doesn't make it then I think the 49ers will go in to Atlanta next week and earn their trip to New Orleans.

NavsPicks
    NavsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1877

Cause it's so hard to go 4-0 when every team underdog gets blown out .. Not gonna happen this week . Sea will win and hou-ne is closer than u think. Gb-sf coin flip

C-Gold

A lot of people were on Washington and some people were picking cin to beat Hou. Yeah I felt last week was very easy. AFC is easy this week NFC is harder but I feel Atlanta is GREAT value in terms of ML, spread. Seattle had less time to prep, they traveled, coaches are being interviewed, lots of distractions, and they were down 14-0 to a 1 legged QB last week. Atlanta beats them.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

So you think Favs are going to go 7-1?

C-Gold

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    So you think Favs are going to go 7-1?
    Is Atlanta really that much of a favorite?
    Are we NOT going to see a Brady/Manning bowl?

tombstonemkr
    tombstonemkr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Looks like 0-2 start
    The books taking some $ back.