brizo42
    brizo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seahawks 4th quarter magic just ran out. It wasn't a bad pick on his part though. They were one stop away from getting to the NFC Championship. Any Falcons fan feels very fortunate to get this one.

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by brizo42 View Post
    Seahawks 4th quarter magic just ran out. It wasn't a bad pick on his part though. They were one stop away from getting to the NFC Championship. Any Falcons fan feels very fortunate to get this one.
    Usually being wrong makes it a pretty bad pick.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Seahawks.....

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

This guy was completely wrong and the team he picked didnt even make it to the conference championship. Great pick though!!

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

LOL...who was not able to pick 50/50 states in the presidential election correctly? Only two that were remotely difficult were Florida and Virginia. Outside that, it was obvious weeks before the election who was going to win each state. If you can read polling data and understand it, you would know.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

He also had Broncos - Patriots in the AFC championship. So he was wrong on two predictions.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL yeah because predicting what way states will vote is difficult, especially in 2 land slide races.

just another math geek who thinks he has some magic formula and degenerate desperate losers looking for any and every angle to dig themselves out of a hole.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1812

Patriots vs 49ers

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Another fake hack this Silver guy is. Gets alot of press because he is probably somebodies nephew. Its not the difficult to predict state by state election outcomes, several other people did it and got no press at all. Nice call on the SeaHags, Nate.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

That dumb fukk ain't even gonna be half right....

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

not saying the guy doesn't do some impressive work but IIRC if you simply made your pick whoever 5dimes had as the favorite in each state for betting purposes you would have gone 50-0 as well

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by uvarunthetable View Post
    not saying the guy doesn't do some impressive work but IIRC if you simply made your pick whoever 5dimes had as the favorite in each state for betting purposes you would have gone 50-0 as well
    Not true

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LOL yeah because predicting what way states will vote is difficult, especially in 2 land slide races.

just another math geek who thinks he has some magic formula and degenerate desperate losers looking for any and every angle to dig themselves out of a hole.

Give credit where it's due. Nate has been in the spotlight for 4 years+ and has been almost flawless. Although, capping politics is ez vs the NFL (just follow information). You have to remember, the vast majority of the retards that post on these forums use fox as a news source (insulting to people that read news, or understand information/reality). I know Nate is a punter like us, also. His word means as much as anyone else's on the NFL playoffs. The NFL is tough to crack, it's easily the hardest to crack, even with a 'pro' system. Look at the BTP leaderboards since it's started - out of the 'pure' NFL cappers, I've had some great results, but I know I can't compete with college cappers. The NFL is impossible..

But back on Nate Silver, his work is dominating with a national scope. Dis'n him with a tiny platform is stupid. "System" plays in the NFL is nothing like anything Silver deals with daily. Having a punter kill you on SBR is NOTHING like having a top media outlet/factional agenda (republicans) trying to discredit your work. Silver is no better a punter on the NFL than anyone - but his other work is really strong and deserves a ton of respect.

That all typed, I really didn't think Baltimore could ninja a game in Denver, but yet they did. Such is life punting in the NFL. The playoffs are always a minefield. Unless you're holding futures bets in hand, you're gonna get buried playing them. You always want to get your money in on a good situation - and the NFL playoffs provide little. MONTHS of film study become moot straight away.

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

A lot of stupid people here....he's making a prediction based on probability it's not going to be an absolute slam dunk.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7333

Quote Originally Posted by NYSportsGuy210 View Post
    Seahawks.....

Giants

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

math geek way off of course. his pick out in second round, most of our picks still alive

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n View Post
    Give credit where it's due. Nate has been in the spotlight for 4 years+ and has been almost flawless. Although, capping politics is ez vs the NFL (just follow information). You have to remember, the vast majority of the retards that post on these forums use fox as a news source (insulting to people that read news, or understand information/reality). I know Nate is a punter like us, also. His word means as much as anyone else's on the NFL playoffs. The NFL is tough to crack, it's easily the hardest to crack, even with a 'pro' system. Look at the BTP leaderboards since it's started - out of the 'pure' NFL cappers, I've had some great results, but I know I can't compete with college cappers. The NFL is impossible..

But back on Nate Silver, his work is dominating with a national scope. Dis'n him with a tiny platform is stupid. "System" plays in the NFL is nothing like anything Silver deals with daily. Having a punter kill you on SBR is NOTHING like having a top media outlet/factional agenda (republicans) trying to discredit your work. Silver is no better a punter on the NFL than anyone - but his other work is really strong and deserves a ton of respect.

That all typed, I really didn't think Baltimore could ninja a game in Denver, but yet they did. Such is life punting in the NFL. The playoffs are always a minefield. Unless you're holding futures bets in hand, you're gonna get buried playing them. You always want to get your money in on a good situation - and the NFL playoffs provide little. MONTHS of film study become moot straight away.
    Dont really understand what all that is supposed to mean. Picking political races is so easy any fool can do it they have them all over the place every time election 'season' rolls around. As you say his NFL 'preditcions' are no better than anyone elses. So since that is what the article is about that is what I want to see. Even if he went 100% it sould still be a short term thing and nothing about it would really matter.

Seriously all these math geeks and wizzes and smart guys who try and invent shit to make a reputation or get paid. Laughable. In Cards it is possible, in Dice even maybe but not in sports betting no way no how. If it were there would be alot of guys with glasses and pocket prtectors riding around in Ferraris or Lamborghinis (geeks cars of choice). Since I have yet to see Urkel in a Diablo on PCH or the Strip I will assume they arent doing so well, if they try at all.

I think most of them are smart enough to figure it out or they might have tried some system or model or whatever and gotten buried by it.

I also love that you only hear about these guys during the NFL play offs and never any time else, at least in regards to sports. Sure some might come on during March Madness or even the Bowl season but never in a gambling capacity. But with the NFL it os all about the gambling all the time. Simply because the NFL is the biggest sucker game in town and the most difficult one to win at long term.

As far as him getting talked abut and being on TV, have you watched TV lately and seen the shit heads that are all over every station 24/7? It isnt that hard to do.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1710

Picking a crappy road team to win 3 road games in a row in the playoffs.

Brilliant!!!!

uvarunthetable
    uvarunthetable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3474

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    Not true

Which one did 5dimes have wrong? I'm thinking it was Florida (where they had Romney as a small favorite) but I honestly can't remember exactly

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21401

Election are much more predictable. The data is there. Sports have to be played out. There isn't just one result that can happen. The ball can bounce either way.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 292

San Francisco... played very well for much of the year,” said Silver, “In terms of the balance overall between offensive and defensive play, Seattle had that best balance throughout the year and... in the second half, were blowing people out by 50-to-7 scores and so forth. So, they had the best stats from the regular season.
    But here is where your model is flawed Nathan Silver.

The Atlanta Falcons have the most come from behind 4th quarter wins in the season (7) and in football is whoever scores last and takes the lead that wins the games unlike the poll data in elections where final vote count determines the result.

First 12