SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crabtree unlikely to sign until September

Tim Kawakami of the San Jose Mercury News reports a highly placed NFL source said that 49ers first round pick Michael Crabtree almost certainly will sign, unless he’s crazy enough to start skipping game-checks, which he probably isn’t, but that it won’t be until in the weeks or days before the 49ers’ Sept. 13 regular-season opener.
    Anyone still plan on drafting this guy at the WR spot in fantasy?

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

what a pos but even if none of this happened, no way i would take crabtree. He has no one throwing to him.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    what a pos but even if none of this happened, no way i would take crabtree. He has no one throwing to him.
    Wonder if the 9ers will give in to his demands and pay him as much as the guy the Raiders took got.

brooks85

I guess they dont have much of a choice if they want him but his argument is insane. He got drafted at the 10 spot and not 7. Just because he thinks he should have been drafted higher is irrlevant. He should be happy he isnt on the raiders anyways.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

The missed time will make him useless this season, he ain't worth a penny til he has some time to adjust and learn in the NFL

brooks85

ya and thats another thing. I dont remember the exact number but it was something like 2 of the last 40 WR drafted in the first round have caught more than 40 passes and/or 10tds in their first season. Obviously a big learning curve.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is f*cking retarded. Why the hell not just sign and start getting acclimated to the pro game. What a f*cking punk.

Either way in fantasy he wouldn't be worth anything more than a 13th/14th round flyer. Either way I would rather just take the flyer on Josh Morgan. (took him in the 17th...has been impressive so far in camp and could become a big part of the offense)

head_strong
    head_strong's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 500

He is a moron, I hope he never plays a down in the NFL.....I think his cousin is his agent I can only imagine what is going on there, his little brother is probably his financial manager and his nephew is his spiritual advisor. Classic case of a know nothing athlete surrounding himself with a bunch of nobodies that know nothing, what do you end up with nothing.

diogee
    fadeable flamingo
    diogee's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha yeah no shit head_strong. Some people just don't use their brains to think...loved the whole thinking about sitting out thing since he wasn't getting enough money. Let's see you sit out so you lose what would have been a years pay...what team wants to deal with that next year? No way he would go top 10 after this stunt and would lose even more in contract value. Clown needs to get signed...he's already way behind and there is no way to make up all that lost time right now.