Sportsgirl
    Sportsgirl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

Sportsgirl's 1126 picks column

I'd like to thank SBR high roller Durito for the lede in to my column this week

CITIZEN-TIMES.com: Look for disappointing Steelers to upset Ravens

Before last Sunday’s games and I already had picked San Diego to beat Denver, a statement was made to me that there was absolutely no way that Denver would lose at home to San Diego.

The final tally in that game? It was 35-27, Chargers. I’ve been watching football a lot of years now and if there is one thing I’ve learned it’s that there are no absolutes – and to never say never.

At the beginning of this season, I might have broken that rule and said that there was absolutely no way at the end of November that the Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers would have a losing record. Not many would have likely challenged that statement. However, the rule proves true again, as the Steelers take their 4-6 record into Baltimore to take on the 8-2 Ravens.

Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger has tossed 17 interceptions this season to lead the league, while the Ravens’ defense has picked off 18 passes to also lead the league. Despite that statistic, the Steelers total offense ranks 6th in the league, while Baltimore trails in that area, coming in 21st. Turnovers and a strong defense will be critical for Pittsburgh, along with time of possession, while Baltimore must look at takeaways and generating offense.

My friend Terry, an ardent Ravens fan, is planning to watch this game at my house. For those who don’t know this, I am a lifelong Steeler fan. Terry insists there is absolutely no way the Steelers can win this game. I hope that rule I learned is still in working order … STEELERS.

Chicago at New England: The Bears take their third road trip in as many weeks, only this time it’s not to the Meadowlands. New England stomped Green Bay on the road last weekend 35-0, but that was only Green Bay – minus Brett Favre for much of the game. While the Chicago offense still needs work, the defense is excellent … BEARS.

N.Y. Giants at Tennessee: Giants coach Tom Coughlin had the scream heard round the world after New York’s loss last week to Jacksonville. Team dissension and a road trip are often poor companions … TITANS.

Philadelphia at Indianapolis: What better way to soothe your first loss of the season than a trip to Philly and no Donovan McNabb to greet you … COLTS.

In other games Sunday:

Houston at N.Y. Jets

Arizona at Minnesota

New Orleans at Atlanta

Carolina at Washington.

San Francisco at St. Louis

Jacksonville at Buffalo

Cincinnati at Cleveland

Oakland at San Diego

Monday

Green Bay at Seattle

Last week: 11-5; overall: 100-60.

This is the opinion of Nancy Allen, who can be reached at 232-5845 or nallen@CITIZEN-TIMES.com

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

We happen to differ on the Jacksonville, Cincy, and Atlanta games Sportsgirl.

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    We happen to differ on the Jacksonville, Cincy, and Atlanta games Sportsgirl.
    We differed on a few last weekend and that worked out well for me
    Glad you're going with the 'Burg this weekend - I hope it's not just my wishful thinking that makes me think it's a good call. Afterall, Steve McNair is just being held together by duct tape at this point, right?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

McNair;s whole career has been held togather with duct tape

durito
    escarabajo negro
    durito's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 438

It's official, we are not good. Time for the Jay Cutler era to start.

Last edited by durito; 11-25-06 at 11:43 AM.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

have fun with the 49ers on the road

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I actually like the 49ers pick, I will be betting them as well. I just wish I hit it earlier in the week, its dropped to 4.5.

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by durito

It's official, we are not good. Time for the Jay Cutler era to start.

I feel your pain - it's must-win today for my team - down with the Ravens!

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

liking Carolina -4 mucho

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPY BOY
    liking Carolina -4 mucho
    My pick was SU, but I'd have taken the Panthers -4, too.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

There she goes...picking against my Bengals again!

lol

Sportsgirl

Quote Originally Posted by gummo
    There she goes...picking against my Bengals again!

lol

I'm a complete bust in the AFC north today