Kyle_Fitta
    Kyle_Fitta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Seahawks+2.5 Over Alanta Falcons

My first real post here was not too long ago, where I explained why I liked the Niners-3. Now, here is my second favorite bet of the week. Actually, I was a bit hesitant on this game, mainly because of the Seahawks woes on the road. But nevertheless, I like them. Why I like them is simply because of the match-ups. This isn't exactly rocket science stuff, either. Anyone can figure out why the match-ups favor the Seahawks. The Falcons strong-suit is passing the ball to either Jones or White. In terms of passing yards, they are 6th in the NFL. The Seahawks arguably have the best one two punch in the NFL when it comes to their secondary. They have highly gifted, rather large cornerbacks who can match any WR in the NFL in terms of athletic ability. They are vulnerable against good Tight Ends and Tony Gonzalez ranks up there as one of the best. However, their inability to run the football is going to make it easier for the Seahawks to find a way to stop him. The Falcons are simply going to be one-dimensional against arguably the best secondary in the NFL and a defense that only gives up 15 points per game.

The Falcons and their fans must hate anything involving the run, because their defense ranks near the bottom in giving up rush yards. The scariest thing about that is the Falcons haven't exactly faced Adrian Peterson this year either. They've faced a lot of teams that struggle against the run. Marshawn Lynch will easily be their biggest test this year. This newly reformed hybrid offense that has hit its stride in the latter of the season is ran by a mobile QB, which the Falcons have struggled with. Stopping Cam Newton, someone who is similar to Russell Wilson except Wilson is more intelligent with his decisions, has been a challenge for them all season. And they even struggled versus RGIII in the earlier season and might have lost that game if he didn't get injured.

Despite Seattle's long travel and inconsistencies on the road, expect them to overcome those obstacles and win this game. The Falcons have only beaten two playoff teams this year and those were back in the earlier stages of the year. The Falcons aren't what their record indicates they are, plus they have a tendency to play poor in the playoffs. The Seahawks are going to be their biggest challenge this year and are looking as if they are the road-warrior team this year. I'm taking the 2.5 points (you never know) and going with the hotter, better team. 26-23.

Also, I've already added Broncos-2.5 and Patriots-2.5 in a 7 point teaser. I don't think I have to explain this one, as many people believe they will cover their spreads. But as a precaution, I'll play it safe by teasing them.
    Last edited by Kyle_Fitta; 01-11-13 at 02:35 PM.

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Good call

DirtyBird1500
    DirtyBird1500's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

So much wrong with this post, but good luck with your plays.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

ATL didn't struggle against RGIII or Vick for that matter. If RW tries to scramble, he might end up like RGIII & Vick.

dnwjdl
    dnwjdl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 632

Why don't you take either ML or +3? Taking +2.5 is kinda pointless.