meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Go ahead and link the video then. I can't find anything like what you are saying.

Sorry, it was Wayne Elliott, head referee of that game. Said if he could go back he would call it an interception. He also said the replacement refs were told to never call PI on a hail mary.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by FindTheLock View Post
    Actually the seattle players right hand is visible with no ball in sight during the fall to the ground. I hope you don't try to drive with that cataract problem of yours.
    I'll try again.

meader99

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    They gained the #1 seed partially on the strength of that weak road schedule. Granted you can only beat who you play, but a Falcon backer that's not considering the easy road they had to the playoffs is making a mistake.
    They also were pushed around at home vs teams like Carolina and Oakland.

kfranz31
    kfranz31's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1914

seahawks didnt beat the skins shanahan did...skins had them shut out the whole first half.... rg3 gets hurt and the offense goes to shit a seahawks win by default

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    They also were pushed around at home vs teams like Carolina and Oakland.
    But they won those games. I'd be more concerned about the week 17 loss, with starters in the whole game.

meader99

But they won those games. I'd be more concerned about the week 17 loss, with starters in the whole game.
    They did win both in the final seconds, but if you let Oakland and Carolina push you around in your own backyard, then there is no doubt that Seattle can take it a step further and win the game after pushing them around. That being said, I don't know that anyone really knows what to expect from Atlanta.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    They did win both in the final seconds, but if you let Oakland and Carolina push you around in your own backyard, then there is no doubt that Seattle can take it a step further and win the game after pushing them around. That being said, I don't know that anyone really knows what to expect from Atlanta.
    I expect a much better Matt Ryan than we've seen in his other 3 playoff games.

But I also expect SEA to run all over ATL and SEA to stuff ATL's run game. That will put a lot of pressure on Matt Ryan.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Regular season W-L record doesn't offer any advantage in the playoffs. That Oakland game was tied with under 3 minutes left and the Raiders would have won if Palmer had been a little more careful with the ball. Even then, the game was won on the strength of a 55 yard FG as time expired. The way that game played out means a LOT more than the eventual W.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

I'll try again.

I will not argue with the dumb and blind anymore. How's the weather in seattle?

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Regular season W-L record doesn't offer any advantage in the playoffs. That Oakland game was tied with under 3 minutes left and the Raiders would have won if Palmer had been a little more careful with the ball. Even then, the game was won on the strength of a 55 yard FG as time expired. The way that game played out means a LOT more than the eventual W.
    The W-L gave ATL the #1 seed which means a bye last week and home field this week, which is all significant.

Well, Matt Ryan did have 3 INTs that day. If he throws 3 on Sunday, I don't expect ATL to beat SEA.

slacker00

I will not argue with the dumb and blind anymore. How's the weather in seattle?
    Because you have no argument, only silly personal attacks. The evidence is too plain for you now.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Because you have no argument, only silly personal attacks. The evidence is too plain for you now.
    Yep. It is clear to me that GB had an interception taken away by a lingerie league reject officiating crew. Thanks for helping me out.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 525

"Pinny says Seahawks more likely to win SB than Packers "

They set the odds low on purpose they already have a lot of liability on Sea. from the preseason when they were 75-1, they really don't want more action on Sea. and if they are going to take it, they will make sure the bettor is getting an underlay.

slacker00

Yep. It is clear to me that GB had an interception taken away by a lingerie league reject officiating crew. Thanks for helping me out.
    Interception? He doesn't have any feet, knees or anything on the ground, the WR has hold of the ball and 2 feet down.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

How come nobody remembers the horrible pass interference call on Kam Chancellor when Green Bay had 3rd and 2 from the 47 with under 12 minutes to go in the game trailing 7-6? Green Bay gets a new set of downs that leads to a go ahead touchdown. Game should have never even come down to the final play.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

jesus christ, is really still such a hot topic?

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

They just lost to the Bucs, who are average. If the Bucs can beat them at home, why can't Seattle?
    Hahha ha fukin ha. Lost to bucs. Divisional game when the conference was virtually clinched.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by falconticket View Post
    Hahha ha fukin ha. Lost to bucs. Divisional game when the conference was virtually clinched.
    They played their starters and played to win, 2 important guys even got banged up: Dunta Robinson & John Abraham.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

FWIW it wasn't just the catch at the end that cost the Packers the game. There were terrible calls and non-calls all over that final drive, culminating in Golden Tate heaving Sam Shields to the ground with the ref standing right there. Even if the catch was made the Packers did not lose that game, it was taken away and handed to Seattle.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Quote Originally Posted by coop View Post
    Packers are the squarest team in all of sports
    The Yankees disagree.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    "Pinny says Seahawks more likely to win SB than Packers "

They set the odds low on purpose they already have a lot of liability on Sea. from the preseason when they were 75-1, they really don't want more action on Sea. and if they are going to take it, they will make sure the bettor is getting an underlay.
    bingo

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    FWIW it wasn't just the catch at the end that cost the Packers the game. There were terrible calls and non-calls all over that final drive, culminating in Golden Tate heaving Sam Shields to the ground with the ref standing right there. Even if the catch was made the Packers did not lose that game, it was taken away and handed to Seattle.
    Yes, the NFL is rigged. Bet accordingly.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

As a Bears fan, I don't want to defend the Packers but the fact is they are 44-26-1 ATS last 4 seasons including playoffs. That's 62.9% winning if you bet them blind every game.

Stevedore
    Stevedore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4435

38-23-6 ATS and the top ATS team since 2006. Who are the sharps on this week buddy?

Stevedore

You don't need two feet on the ground to possess the ball first, Jennings high-pointed the ball and gained possession first. I guess Jon Gruden, Jerry Markbreight, the ex ref in the booth on Monday night were all wrong in calling it an interception; you're hilarious and in serious denial.

Stevedore

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Ruffing call on Walden when Wilson was outside the pocket was a bigger fail negating the game clinching interception for GB.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    You don't need two feet on the ground to possess the ball first, Jennings high-pointed the ball and gained possession first. I guess Jon Gruden, Jerry Markbreight, the ex ref in the booth on Monday night were all wrong in calling it an interception; you're hilarious and in serious denial.
    I could give a rat's ass what the ESPN clowns think. Here's the official ruling by the NFL with the actual rules noted.

When the players hit the ground in the end zone, the officials determined that both Tate and Jennings had possession of the ball. Under the rule for simultaneous catch, the ball belongs to Tate, the offensive player. The result of the play was a touchdown. Replay Official Howard Slavin stopped the game for an instant replay review. The aspects of the play that were reviewable included if the ball hit the ground and who had possession of the ball. In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.
    Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.
    The result of the game is final.
    Applicable rules to the play are as follows:
    A player (or players) jumping in the air has not legally gained possession of the ball until he satisfies the elements of a catch listed here.
    Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3 of the NFL Rule Book defines a catch:
    A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:
    (a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
    (b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and
    (c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it, advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.).
    When a player (or players) is going to the ground in the attempt to catch a pass, Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 1 states:
    Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.
    Rule 8, Section 1, Article 3, Item 5 states:
    Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...awks-touchdown
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-05-15 at 10:10 AM. Reason: link does not exist

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    They'll be higher than 2.5 over Seattle at home. That's a joke.
    why is that, i guess with clemens hurt it changes things a-lot. because they have by far the best secondary left in the playoffs, so they can be able to blitz, but before they could get pressure with their front 4. rodgers is actually the most sacked qb this year. beleive it or not. i just think by the time the game is played its going to be lower then -3. seatlte is starting to get some love from the media and books, but not alot of it.

but anyways, does anyone really expect rodgers to go into sf and win? this offense is much better then ever. i hear on the talk shows down here, from my p.t really my friend at this point that they believe kapernick is better for them because 'their defense is built to stop running qbs'. which i thought the exact opposite, i thought its harder for them to.

kapernick gives you the run though, and a better passing game then alex could of given you, big plays wise. big difference is when smith was in they were just playing not to lose, not opening up the play book and knowing their d would make the stops. kapernick is playing to win, and making sure their o puts up pts, to help their d out. going to be a great game, i expect sf by -7

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by kfranz31 View Post
    seahawks didnt beat the skins shanahan did...skins had them shut out the whole first half.... rg3 gets hurt and the offense goes to shit a seahawks win by default
    Shanahan is probably still trying to talk Elway out of retirement. Shanahan is now 1-5 in the playoffs, post-Elway.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Stevedore View Post
    You don't need two feet on the ground to possess the ball first.
    According to NFL rules, you need to catch a pass before you gain possession.

Catching a pass means two feet (or one knee, etc).

brizo42
    brizo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guess this means Seahawks ML.

brizo42
    brizo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shanahan is probably still trying to talk Elway out of retirement. Shanahan is now 1-5 in the playoffs, post-Elway.
    Still pretty impressive what he was able to do with the Redskins this year. Who knows how the game ends if Griffin is 100% but I guess that's a part of having a mobile QB

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Perception should already be built in. Tony's not dumb. The one that baffles me is SF/Atl Pick SF should be the same price over Atl as GB.
    You still it will only be -2.5 or -3? lol

Thegreek already has a 4 out.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Would love to get +200 at home vs 49ers.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Would love to get +200 at home vs 49ers.
    After what Kap did, there's gonna be no value on him next week. But makes me sick to fade him, lol.

First 1234 Last