PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

"With The First Selection In The 2013 NFL Draft The Kansas City Chiefs Select......"

Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M

Andy Reid is going for offense first. It only makes sense he builds around the best offensive tackle available in the draft. I think he's going to find his QB either through free agency or trade because I just can't see him taking Geno Smith with this pick.

Thoughts on who's going to be the first pick in the draft this year?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Geno Smith.

He then proceeds to run this guy way too often on the premise that "he is black".

What they need to do is trade back, and accumulate picks. Absolute worst draft to be at the top.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

most do think he is aiming at a QB, probably Geno Smith unless something happens during workouts, but Reid could go Joeckel and convince himself/KC that a viabale QB is to be found in the 2nd/3rd round

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I have no doubt Reid wants a QB. It is by far his favorite position to draft and develop. The problem is there is no QB this year that is deserving of the #1 pick. There's no Andrew Luck. Geno Smith is a big gamble. He probably has a better chance of being a bust than he does of being a star.

Joeckel is a much more safe pick. Plus, he can build around Joeckel while he looks for his QB. It makes a lot of sense.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Trade down....keep Cassell/Quinn so you can outsuck the Raiders again and get the #1 pick = Teddy Bridgewater

Slimpickens
    Slimpickens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Really Geno Smith as a 1st pick? I didnt think he would even go in the 1st round.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

There's no Andrew Luck in the draft???

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    Really Geno Smith as a 1st pick? I didnt think he would even go in the 1st round.
    He's definitely not worth the 1st pick. Reid knows this. This is why he's better off taking Joeckel and finding his QB through trade or free agency.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Jarvis Jones will be the #1 pick. I expect Andy Reid to trade it for picks so he can draft as many players as possible. Would not be surprised if the Lions or Bears trade up to pick up Jarvis Jones.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clowney

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Clowney
    he cant go pro until next year.

i predict Matt Barkley

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Clowney
    He's not eligible to come out yet.

Next year though.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

I think Reid should take the lineman and find a QB elsewhere. He might suck again this year and get another draft pick, possible get Bridgewater, Murray or Johnny Football.

Seattle still has Matt Flynn, why doesn't he try to get him?? Russell Wilson isn't going anywhere. Reid could also try to work something out for Cousins, because he's a lifetime backup in Washington.

And then we have TEBLOW.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Bridgewater aint shit

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I trade down out of that. I would get Matt Flynn from Seattle or get someone that is a free agent.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

I still say Manti is the best player in the country. Shockingly (or maybe not) I see him going to Oakland with the 3rd pick replacing Rolando McClain.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

I would be surprised if Teo ends up at #3 (its not impossible, I'd just be surprised).

I think the Top 3 looks something like Geno Smith, Luke Joeckel and Jarvis Jones. Wouldn't surprise me if Matthews (if he comes out) or Werder sneak in ahead of Jarvis Jones. Some people have Jones going #8 or so.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    I would be surprised if Teo ends up at #3 (its not impossible, I'd just be surprised).

I think the Top 3 looks something like Geno Smith, Luke Joeckel and Jarvis Jones. Wouldn't surprise me if Matthews (if he comes out) or Werder sneak in ahead of Jarvis Jones. Some people have Jones going #8 or so.
    I think most people would be surprised at Oakland taking Manti at 3. I don't see them taking Jones, however, because they need a true MLB and Manti is much more suited for stopping the run than Jarvis is. Jones also has some questions about his work ethic from what I hear. He was nearly invisible for Georgia when they played Alabama earlier in the year for entire stretches of the game.

Frisco

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    I trade down out of that. I would get Matt Flynn from Seattle or get someone that is a free agent.
    Who would want to trade up to it?

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    Bridgewater aint shit
    Not that its going to matter to KC but Bridgewater is a 6'3" Russ Wilson imo. Very coachable kid with good fundamentals and very poised.....natural leader. He's not a read option 4.5 guy though so you could mark that against him but I see Wilson or Kaep getting hurt just like RG3 if they try to run that often for 16 games.

JerseyRobby
    JerseyRobby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4442

Andy Reid did draft McNabb high but he wasn't GM then. He drafted Kolb and Foles later and I'm thinking he will attempt to do the same and not use a number 1 pick on Smith. If a guy like Luck or Eli were there it would be a different story.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Why would anyone want Smith? he is garbage

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Reid said today at his introductory press conference: "I need to find the next Len Dawson. Get in there and find that quarterback."

He's definitely drafting a QB. Geno Smith is going to be the 1st pick.

detroitlionsfan
    detroitlionsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

bad year for the #1 pick

shaunovery
    shaunovery's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Get Alex smith

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

one has to assume Reid is targeting Nassib. he loves that type of QB. IE Kolb and Foles. now weather he completely reaches and takes him with the #1 pick...

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

If I'm KC, I definitely take Joekel first, followed by the next best Offensive lineman I can get, down in round 4-5. In Round 2, they need a QB, and I think that Ryan Nassib is the way to go. The Jaguars and the Cardinals are probably the only two teams that would take a QB in the first round this year, and they can choose between Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, and Matt Barkley.

I think Nassib is probably a better QB than any of these three, and is a good value in round 2. It would be a mistake to draft a QB in the first round this year.

zoo youk

thing is tho if the if he trades the #1 pick down to say like he 10 spot and the Bills pick before him they have to worry about Marrone taking Nassib

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    one has to assume Reid is targeting Nassib. he loves that type of QB. IE Kolb and Foles. now weather he completely reaches and takes him with the #1 pick...
    You and I are on the same page here. Now let's see how smart Reid plays this draft...

zoo youk

there is no way in hell Reid has any interest in Geno Smith. Geno has had issues his whole career getting off his first read. Andy doesn't put up with that. Nassib is his guy.

zoo youk

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    If I'm KC, I definitely take Joekel first, followed by the next best Offensive lineman I can get, down in round 4-5. In Round 2, they need a QB, and I think that Ryan Nassib is the way to go. The Jaguars and the Cardinals are probably the only two teams that would take a QB in the first round this year, and they can choose between Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, and Matt Barkley.

I think Nassib is probably a better QB than any of these three, and is a good value in round 2. It would be a mistake to draft a QB in the first round this year.
    agreed with everything but they are going to have to worry about Marrone and the Bills drafting Nassib..

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    thing is tho if the if he trades the #1 pick down to say like he 10 spot and the Bills pick before him they have to worry about Marrone taking Nassib
    The Bills major problem continues to be defense. There are so many premier LBs and DE/DT available that I'd be shocked if the Bills didn't take one in their first round. Fitzpatrick isn't great, but he's serviceable enough for a team that features two elite RBs in Jackson/Spiller. Buffalo should be thinking Montgomery/Ansah/Okafor/Hankins in the first round.

I think Buffalo taking anything but a star defensive player in the first round would be a huge mistake for them.
    Last edited by suicidekings; 01-07-13 at 04:47 PM.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

would be shocked if he takes Geno Smith. Trading down makes a ton of sense and I think Cassel bounces back this year and has a good year with the solid running game.

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star

Reid is not trading down. He loves to be the center of attention. He also likes to fade his fans. When his first draft for the Eagles came up, the whole city was unanimous the pick had to Ricky Williams. What did he do? He instead chose McNabb.

Now, time proved he was right and the fans were wrong but don't be fooled. Just because people think that Geno Smith will be a bust or isn't any good or won't fit does not mean Reid won't draft him.

Frisco

Chiefs front 7 would be awesome w/ Clowney.

12 Last