Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by SportsPedagogy View Post
    He walked off the field and was walking fine. Pain or no pain, he could have atleast made an attempt to find the ball. He could have atleast turned his head and saw it was next to him. Lots of athletes have played through pain. Rich Franklin knocked out Chuck Liddell after his arm got broke. Sometimes you gotta suck it up when everything is on the line like that. Not getting that fumble basically guaranteed a loss. Even if they punted, they still had a chance.
    my thoughts exactly.

I could be wrong but to me it looked like a little bit of selfishness and lack of toughness.

Like i said before i had Seahawks but i would have been pissed at that effort if i was a redskins fan.

I appreciate athletes that play like warriors.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by mw00 View Post
    are you serious man? how about you hold a football and someone hits your knee as hard as they can with a hammer and see if you still have the presence of mind to hold onto the ball..lol.
    hey i dont fault the man for fumbling, that is human error and things like that happen.

i am criticizing RG3 for not going after that ball after he fumbled.

it kinda reminded me of when hanley ramirez booted the ground ball and kicked it to the outfied and just jogged after it instead of hustling.
    Last edited by Big Bear; 01-07-13 at 09:28 AM.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

this also proves why Cam newton is a more valuable player.

Cam is the biggest baddest man on the field everytime he plays.
    You cant hurt Cam.

and if you do hurt him, he wont let you know it.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

blame bruins35 for picking the wrong side

beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

You cant expect a 22 year old kid to say take me out of the game it was Shanahan's responsibility and he should have taken him out after they went up 14-0 and he re-injured it on the second td drive or at least when their lead was slipping to 14-10, 14-13. If Cousins had come in with the lead I think he could have made enough completions and flipped the field if not lead them on another scoring drive to hold off Seattle, but rg3 couldn't sustain any drives and he missed his guy over the middle on a big third down with like 7 mins left to go that would have at the least ended in flipping the field. They kept punting giving Seattle great field position and it was only a matter of time before they did something with it. Cousins would have been able to make those throws and sustain at least one of those late redskin drives and given them a BETTER chance to win. The whole warrior tough guy thing doesn't mean jack shit at the end of the day and ultimately rg3 hurt his team by being out there in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32295

If you play, you aren't hurt.
    If you are hurt, you don't play.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Didn't really read any of the posts here... but I will say this.... I've paid close attention to Shanahan throughout his entire time in the NFL... back to his Broncos days... And I will say this... he has a no nonsense attitude. He really does. There's a special bond between RG3 and Shanahan... and he would tell you the same thing... "This team wasn't expected to go anywhere this year." He feels they went there with RG3. But I promise you... if they WERE EXPECTED to make it... he wouldn't of road that horse... he would of went with Cousins during halftime. Take a look at his postgame interview.... he almost wanted to say.. "I FUKKED UP"... he knows it. But he really loves this RG3 kid.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    this also proves why Cam newton is a more valuable player.

Cam is the biggest baddest man on the field everytime he plays.
    You cant hurt Cam.

and if you do hurt him, he wont let you know it.

No....Cam will just play like $hit and fall behind 34-10....then do the Superman bs after he scores with :45 left

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    No....Cam will just play like $hit and fall behind 34-10....then do the Superman bs after he scores with :45 left
    He beat RG3 in Washington.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32295

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I've paid close attention to Shanahan throughout his entire time in the NFL... back to his Broncos days...
    And what has Shanny done exactly without Elway?

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    blame bruins35 for picking the wrong side
    Amen

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by beg154860 View Post
    You cant expect a 22 year old kid to say take me out of the game it was Shanahan's responsibility and he should have taken him out after they went up 14-0 and he re-injured it on the second td drive or at least when their lead was slipping to 14-10, 14-13. If Cousins had come in with the lead I think he could have made enough completions and flipped the field if not lead them on another scoring drive to hold off Seattle, but rg3 couldn't sustain any drives and he missed his guy over the middle on a big third down with like 7 mins left to go that would have at the least ended in flipping the field. They kept punting giving Seattle great field position and it was only a matter of time before they did something with it. Cousins would have been able to make those throws and sustain at least one of those late redskin drives and given them a BETTER chance to win. The whole warrior tough guy thing doesn't mean jack shit at the end of the day and ultimately rg3 hurt his team by being out there in the 3rd and 4th quarter.
    Why so you could all blame Cousins when washington lost anyway?

First 12